ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d say you’re about $8-10 per point shy on a small contract like that. The smaller the amount of points the higher the offer needs to be. I’ve had offers on 250 point contracts taken at $108, indicating they are expecting much higher offers than what would have been acceptable in the past.
I wouldn't pay $118 for AKV, that's a lot past market value right now. Just try again at what you're comfortable with. One will pass eventually. $110 definitely seems about right for AKV. Lots pass at that price.

Last edited:
I’d say you’re about $8-10 per point shy on a small contract like that. The smaller the amount of points the higher the offer needs to be. I’ve had offers on 250 point contracts taken at $108, indicating they are expecting much higher offers than what would have been acceptable in the past.

I'd go look at the first page - Disney is not this clear cut. That's why they always call it a drunken monkey.

I am so sad about your contract. I know nothing about what Is taken and what is passed but I just wanted to say that I agree it stinks! We are waiting on a bid right now and I am not hopeful that it will pass either.😊. We are in the same position as you as we already have direct points. I am of the mind that if this doesn’t pass, we will find something that does, but it still stinks.😢

Katie L---$102.5-$21305-200-AKV-Aug-0/17, 0/18, 225/19, 200/20- sent 5/21, taken 6/12

0 for 2. Not sure I have the stamina of @pangyal

Honestly not sure what we are going to do at all. But we might put a pause on the hunt for a contract. Or I might keep looking at all these mailing lists and put something in next week. :P
I am sorry. We bid on something very similar. Our price point was a little higher but the contract is very similar. Keep trying because it is still much cheaper than you would pay for a direct one!!😊

I will get the correct format when I get home tonight. I hadn't posted because I was afraid to jinx it but we passed!

AKV March use year 100 points with 35 banked from '18 and all going forward. Was listed for $105 but we offered and paid $113, I didn't want to risk it being taken. Sent May 20, passed June 7.

Broker is Fidelity and we specified to use Jeffrey C. Sweet to avoid standard delays with First American. So excited!!!

We already own 100 BWV purchased resale in 2012 but have been getting points transferred in almost every year and we're borrowed out on it, so it was time to add on. Just wish we had done it sooner!

Sorry it took me so long to come back with the correct string. Here it is (I originally typo'd 35 points banked, it's really 34).

marsh0013---$113-$12748-100-AKV-Mar-0/18, 134/19, 100/20- sent 5/20, passed 6/7

I was reading earlier entries and am wondering what are DVC members talking about when a resale is subsidized?

I was reading earlier entries and am wondering what are DVC members talking about when a resale is subsidized?

Subsidized refers to dues at Aulani. Some early contracts from Aulani have subsidized dues that is about $2 less per point each year. Dues was initially and erroneously calculated way too low, this was the concession.
There are reportedly some Vero Beach contracts with subsidized dues but I have not seen one on the resale market in recent months.

Subsidized refers to dues at Aulani. Some early contracts from Aulani have subsidized dues that is about $2 less per point each year. Dues was initially and erroneously calculated way too low, this was the concession.
There are reportedly some Vero Beach contracts with subsidized dues but I have not seen one on the resale market in recent months.
Ok, thanks

Hi all. Question if I may, regarding purchasing ‘one time’ points. Do you purchase them at the point of booking or do they need to be purchased prior to making the booking, so they are in your account when you actually make the booking?

Hi all. Question if I may, regarding purchasing ‘one time’ points. Do you purchase them at the point of booking or do they need to be purchased prior to making the booking, so they are in your account when you actually make the booking?

You need to call in to purchase when you are booking. They are not something you can use online, you always have to call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter