ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever used DVC by Resale? thoughts?
I used them as a seller last year. I never once got a phone call from them - never. All correspondence was via email - and it was very wrong several times.

You might like it as a buyer and they really strong armed me to price it very low. I refused to do so. And my offer got taken anyway. It at least it was at my price not $10 lower. They also presented me with a ridiculously low offer ($40 below asking). Then they said it was a typo. Very sloppy work over and over again.

I sold another contract this year via our sponsor here the Timeshare store. Totally different experience. Very professional and responsive. Light years better to deal with.

I used them as a seller last year. I never once got a phone call from them - never. All correspondence was via email - and it was very wrong several times.

You might like it as a buyer and they really strong armed me to price it very low. I refused to do so. And my offer got taken anyway. It at least it was at my price not $10 lower. They also presented me with a ridiculously low offer ($40 below asking). Then they said it was a typo. Very sloppy work over and over again.

I sold another contract this year via our sponsor here the Timeshare store. Totally different experience. Very professional and responsive. Light years better to deal with.

UPDATE—
I finally got a call and an email. The seller accepted my offer and I will go through with the purchase. Mainly, bc it is the right use year and resort and the price point for such a small contract was too good to pass up hopefully Disney doesn’t feel the same way.

I hate to say finally, but it finally passed.

Seems like the PVB streak thankfully won’t end with us. Maybe it was knowing the PVB passing history, or being our second resale, but this wait was much easier than our first. I know 23 days isn’t long in the grand scheme of things, but if we hit 23 days on our SSR resale back in March, I’d have been really on edge, thinking it surely was getting taken.

Rush---$145-$15701-100-PVB-Feb-0/18, 200/19, 100/20- sent 5/22, passed 6/12

Seems like the PVB streak thankfully won’t end with us. Maybe it was knowing the PVB passing history, or being our second resale, but this wait was much easier than our first. I know 23 days isn’t long in the grand scheme of things, but if we hit 23 days on our SSR resale back in March, I’d have been really on edge, thinking it surely was getting taken.

Congrats! Mine was sent the same day so now I will be checking my email every 5 min today......

I just put one in with Poly too. I’m fairly new to this though. What’s the thinking as to why it seems like all the Poly contracts are skating through?
I am about to put another small one with Polynesian, so I hope this trend continues. Good Luck on yours!!!

Congratulations! My PVB contract was sent same day so hopefully I will hear soon.

and I just received email that passed!

Last edited:
We're first timers with DVC (and buying resale) and our contract was just submitted to Disney. We're hoping everything will go through in time to book a trip in May - split between PVB and AKL. Is this a pipe dream? Especially if we don't close until August?

JMBM---$147-$31487-200-PVB-Oct-28/17, 200/18, 200/19, 200/20- sent 6/12

We're first timers with DVC (and buying resale) and our contract was just submitted to Disney. We're hoping everything will go through in time to book a trip in May - split between PVB and AKL. Is this a pipe dream? Especially if we don't close until August?

JMBM---$147-$31487-200-PVB-Oct-28/17, 200/18, 200/19, 200/20- sent 6/12
Good luck!

I wouldn’t say that’s a pipe dream, we booked AKL, albeit a 1 br at Kidani in May of this year for a Sept trip for 5 nights. That’s just 5 months out, in the ramp up to the busy DVC season. Just don’t plan on getting the cheapest rooms, if you want that and do, great, but don’t plan on that.

As for PVB, I’d say the same is true, although only slightly less likely than AKV.

Keep in mind, if all your points are PVB, you can’t book AKV until 7 months anyway.

Sure. For AKV loaded contracts to pass I believe you need to be around $116 per point inclusive. So work out the point price you want to offer from a combination of the dues, closing fees and offer price divided by the amount of points being purchased. That will give you an actual price per point instead of just the face value. I believe, and it’s just a theory, that if a combined price of over $116 is offered they usually get passed. So, an AKV contract of 200 points at a value of $105 per point, but with the additional costs of closing and dues from current and banked points, would total around $23,500. Divide that figure by 200 and it’s actual price per point is $117. Now, before I get shouted at I know cheaper contracts do get through sometimes but if you’re looking to put Disney off ROFR’ing I think this is the way to go.

By your theory, this one should have passed, right?

Shawn Miller---$106-$27916-240-AKV-Oct-0/17, 6/18, 240/19, 240/20- sent 4/23, taken 5/8

116.31 pp

By your theory, this one should have passed, right?

Shawn Miller---$106-$27916-240-AKV-Oct-0/17, 6/18, 240/19, 240/20- sent 4/23, taken 5/8

116.31 pp

Yup, that’s knackered my theory! Mine was stripped but all in came in at 116.51pp. Baffling!

Also, even though I just passed today, they have already received the estoppel!
That is odd, I think we may have as well. The title company didn’t specifically say they received it, but they sent me the closing documents today, the same day we passed ROFR. Last time we waited 7 days for closing docs.

That is odd, I think we may have as well. The title company didn’t specifically say they received it, but they sent me the closing documents today, the same day we passed ROFR. Last time we waited 7 days for closing docs.
Yeah they sent closing docs and I was like wait don’t you need the estoppel first and they said they already had it. I didn’t expect that step to go so quickly. I plan on sending them back tomorrow, the sooner we close the better. I’m hoping to check out TOWL in August!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!