ROFR Thread April to June 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'm imagining the ROFR office looks like right now with all these new contracts passing. 😅
giphy.gif

I just had broker tell me they have had 4 contracts taken by ROFR in last month.
I had made an offer which was only 10% below asking price and owner would not even counter and broker mentioned in email about no counter, that would not pass ROFR. I had emailed back and said would take chances with ROFR because did not feel Disney would be buying back much in near future and they responded back about the 4 taken in the month.
I know we are a small portion of buyers, but i find it hard to believe no one on here has had one taken in May and April and in fact have had very little ROFR responses from Disney until yesterday.

I just had broker tell me they have had 4 contracts taken by ROFR in last month.
I had made an offer which was only 10% below asking price and owner would not even counter and broker mentioned in email about no counter, that would not pass ROFR. I had emailed back and said would take chances with ROFR because did not feel Disney would be buying back much in near future and they responded back about the 4 taken in the month.
I know we are a small portion of buyers, but i find it hard to believe no one on here has had one taken in May and April and in fact have had very little ROFR responses from Disney until yesterday.
In my research I have not seen any contracts taken by ROFR in the last 8 weeks. I could be wrong but it sounds like a broker trying to play some games to get a higher offer. Good luck!

I don't buy it.

My instinct is that there's also been a lull in ROFR buybacks, but with the parks reopening and everything in the process of ramping up, my guess is that they'll resume momentarily.

My instinct is that there's also been a lull in ROFR buybacks, but with the parks reopening and everything in the process of ramping up, my guess is that they'll resume momentarily.
They aren't going to have people to sell bought back contracts to. Disney sells direct DVC by hitting the pixie dusted park and cruise line crowds hard. Well the cruise line is shutdown and the park crowds are going to be tiny. Plus, there just is going to be much pixie dust at the parks. The few people they can get interested in purchasing will basically be strong armed into buying only at Riviera. There just isn't going to be much demand for them to start back ROFR.

They aren't going to have people to sell bought back contracts to. Disney sells direct DVC by hitting the pixie dusted park and cruise line crowds hard. Well the cruise line is shutdown and the park crowds are going to be tiny. Plus, there just is going to be much pixie dust at the parks. The few people they can get interested in purchasing will basically be strong armed into buying only at Riviera. There just isn't going to be much demand for them to start back ROFR.
All good points! One other thing, though. A lot of the resale sites have diminishing inventory, so there seem to be plenty of people out there still interested in buying. And if there is less resale available, more people will look to buying direct for the exact points and UY they want.

All good points! One other thing, though. A lot of the resale sites have diminishing inventory, so there seem to be plenty of people out there still interested in buying. And if there is less resale available, more people will look to buying direct for the exact points and UY they want.
I've been looking more closely at direct for sure! Sort of waiting to see if disney offers anything. Thing is I would have to be in Florida to do that, and can't even get there, lol.

Let me introduce you to "spin".

Statement: "I have had 4 contracts taken by ROFR"
Truth: Disney has not taken 4 contracts
Spin: It's true, 4 contracts were taken by ROFR (for me ROFR means trying to Rip Off For eveR)

I kid though. I really don't know her. Perhaps it's a canned response

I am in the process of buying my BLT contract with her and was fortunate not to have this, My offer started out $30 below asking and she emailed me back saying it has been sent and she would be in touch soon,

That night, I realized I read the details wrong and it had a lot more points than I thought it did and so when the counter came in at $160 .asking $165...I came up to $150 as long as 2019 were banked because it really was the perfect contract, So far, rest has been smooth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter