ROFR Thread January to March 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is my first contract, which has made all the taken contracts even more frustrating. But at this point, I'm already 2 months in since my first offer and still in the ROFR phase, so I have come to terms with the fact that resale can move at glacial speeds. Luckily, before I started this whole process, I had already rented points and have a May 2018 reservation in a 2BR at CCV to look forward to. So while I would really like to get through with the resale process, at least I am not under the gun trying to get it done so that I can book a vacation on short notice.
Sorry just scrolling through because we just had ours sent to rofr yesterday. Have u been waiting 2 months for ROFR approval? Is there a time limit in which they can or should respond? Our contract that was just sent through is for PVB and I’m pretty nervous because I don’t see much action one way or another. There is one listed as waiting since 12/22 and another since October

Sorry just scrolling through because we just had ours sent to rofr yesterday. Have u been waiting 2 months for ROFR approval? Is there a time limit in which they can or should respond? Our contract that was just sent through is for PVB and I’m pretty nervous because I don’t see much action one way or another. There is one listed as waiting since 12/22 and another since October
Sorry for the confusion. No I have not been waiting 2 Months on ROFR. I have had 3 contracts taken in the ROFR process in the past 2 Months. I am currently waiting to hear on my 4th. Disney has 30 days to waive their right or take it. So at the longest it will take a month. I think some of the ones you see waiting for a really long time is because they just haven’t come back and updated the information regarding the result.

The average waiting time seems to be about 2 weeks right now.

Networth---$140-$25,300-175-VGF-Dec-24/16, 94/17, 175/18, 175/19- sent 1/8

First contract for us, we decided to pull the trigger last week and just got the information it was sent for ROFR today. Very excited, we are already planning on buying another contract in 2-3 years (once we have enough to pay cash) so we have enough points for a 1-2 bedroom yearly.

This board has been extremely helpful, thanks guys as the next wait continues.

Last edited:

Not really true, unfortunately, but the vast majority are decided well within 30 days.
Well that’s what I get for relying on the vast majority of information out there that says they have 30 days. Since I haven’t been able to actually get past ROFR in my three previous attempts, I haven’t seen an actual real life DVC contract. But after some googling for the actual language contained in the actual contract, it appears that it is written in way where Disney has given themselves “at least” 30 days. Damn lawyers. As an attorney I should have figured that it would be drafted in such a way so as to not be a clear cut deadline.

I haven’t been able to actually get past ROFR in my three previous attempts, I haven’t seen an actual real life DVC contract.

The contract wouldn't have that information as it is simply your agreement to purchase the deed from the seller. What you're looking for is the condo declaration that specifies DVD's right of first refusal. In plain English, it says DVD has until the proposed closing date in the contract to render the decision. And, the seller must notify DVD of of the intent to sell ("send it to ROFR" as most call it here) no less than 30 days prior to the closing date on the contract. So basically, WE have to give THEM at least 30 days to decide.

saw tons of ROFR came through last Friday! Do they usually always come on a Friday or was that some goofy holiday fluke???

The contract wouldn't have that information as it is simply your agreement to purchase the deed from the seller. What you're looking for is the condo declaration that specifies DVD's right of first refusal. In plain English, it says DVD has until the proposed closing date in the contract to render the decision. And, the seller must notify DVD of of the intent to sell ("send it to ROFR" as most call it here) no less than 30 days prior to the closing date on the contract. So basically, WE have to give THEM at least 30 days to decide.
Right, that is the language I found after some googling. I was not referring to the purchase contract as I have now seen 4 of those in my attempts at resale and it surely wasn’t in there.

Right, that is the language I found after some googling. I was not referring to the purchase contract as I have now seen 4 of those in my attempts at resale and it surely wasn’t in there.

I keep seeing you post here and think that you've gotten an answer on your latest contract! ARGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter