ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by pangyal, Jan 2, 2019.

1. ScubaCat

ScubaCat DIS Veteran

At day 2, your spouse learns the mistake of telling you about the contract and not simply forging your signature and then telling you about it after ROFR is waived.

2. MB_01

MB_01 Mouseketeer

Right?! How awesome would that be to log in and just see more points one day?

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvcstore.com

4. Katie L

Katie L Mouseketeer

Can I share frustration?
    We offered - March 6
    They agreed - March 8
    We signed contract - March 12
    THEY STILL HAVEN'T!

It's like 3 clicks online - come on, man.

I'm not made for this long drawn out process. Have to remind myself of the $10,000+ we are saving over direct. Maybe that will lengthen my patience.

Madame and missbecca like this.
  5. blueant315

blueant315 Mouseketeer

:( We just had a similar experience where it took our sellers a week to return their signed contract. We just made it through ROFR and are hoping they move faster throughout the remainder of the closing process. Good luck!

6. MB_01

MB_01 Mouseketeer

Sure thing! Misery loves company. Doubt we will get much sympathy from the poor souls that had 30+ days of waiting though!
    If I devoted all the time spent checking the boards and my email working a second job I could probably buy direct and break even...

7. ScubaCat

ScubaCat DIS Veteran

DW doesn't log in, in my case, so that's not the issue. I wouldn't forge the actual closing docs either (because that would be wrong, right??) It's just the ROFR waiting period that she practically melted down over.

So yes, forging a signature is illegal, but I could be nagged and annoyed into doing something else illegal, so this is a bona fide "lesser of 2 evils" situation. :laughing::confused3

8. SimbaAndSparkles

SimbaAndSparkles Earning My Ears

Well, forgery is only *technically* a crime if the intent is to defraud AND it's NOT a crime if you have the individual's permission to sign on their behalf. So you *could* just get DW's verbal permission to buy more points and then perfectly legally sign all the docs on her behalf! :rolleyes1

9. JereMary

JereMary Mouseketeer

I'm on my third try right now. Hopefully the right one will come along. Good luck!

10. Katie L

Katie L Mouseketeer

Mine was submitted! Woo hoo. Will share details once it gets taken. (70% chance in my scatter-shot opinion.)

Louis morrell, jendujka and JereMary like this.
  11. stuartsong

stuartsong DIS Veteran

This is the fastest ROFR I've experienced through DVC.

Dracula, JBrad77301, kboo and 8 others like this.
  12. stuartsong

stuartsong DIS Veteran

Fidelity

Dracula and amytaylor6 like this.
  13. chehan

chehan Earning My Ears

chehan---$102.5-$33795-300-AKV-Oct-0/17, 300/18, 300/19, 300/20- sent 3/9

jendujka, ScubaCat, vanjust14 and 5 others like this.
  14. The Jackal

The Jackal Mouseketeer

DVC knows it’s not going to buy back Aulani. I think they sometimes give up selling it direct. Maybe around 2025 it will sell out. Good price.

JereMary likes this.
  15. Gryhndmom

Gryhndmom Can't I just live at Disney ?

It could be seller has a spouse who is frequently out of town hence the delay. (And doesn’t the seller need something notarized? Haven’t sold yet so not sure...). DH is an airline pilot which means he is gone for 3-4 days at a time and If we were a seller it could well be over a week for us to return documents. Bottom line is the seller may not be ignoring the documents and have a legitimate reason for the delay.

16. Katie L

Katie L Mouseketeer

This isn't that part... Though I can appreciate when it's notarizing and getting into mail etc that can take longer. This was three clicks online. Lol. But they did it so I'll stop whining...

bebec22, Madame and mlittig like this.
  17. k_hase

k_hase Mouseketeer

We own at AKV and were looking for a small BWV contract for our grown-ups only trips. I suppose I could have counter offered on the price per point, but we just went with asking (really, saving $100 or $200 was less important than getting the contract we wanted; also, I caught my husband in a moment of weakness and didn't want to discuss it for fear of losing him. He wanted to buy a building for some pipe dream of owning a vintage motorcycle showroom where people come and talk about bikes. I convinced him it wasn't a sound retirement plan and then countered with, what if we spend a fraction of that so we can always stay at BW during FWF?)

k_hase---$139-$4171-25-BWV-Dec-0/17, 0/18, 25/19, 25/20- sent 2/10, passed 3/4

18. Shannon G.

Shannon G. Earning My Ears

Congratulations! We have a BWV contract currently in ROFR. The waiting to hear back is the worst part! I’m so glad you didn’t have to wait the full 30 days, or more!

amytaylor6 and mrsap like this.
  19. bebec22

bebec22 Mouseketeer

I like the way you think! Your passing time still gives me hope! I'm on day 17.

kboo, amytaylor6 and mrsap like this.
  20. heynowirv

heynowirv DIS Veteran DVC Gold

We're on day 17,OY!

amytaylor6, bebec22 and mrsap like this.
  21. mrsap

mrsap Nothing like late nights and great music

Day 15!

amytaylor6 likes this.