ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
jsand99---$105-$11055-100-AKV-Sep-0/17, 0/18, 0/19, 100/20- sent 1/14, taken 2/15

That's the second stripped AKV contract I've had taken in 3 months. It makes me wonder if they are taking my contracts because they know I've taken the tour recently and had interest in buying direct. Does anyone know for certain yet if Disney is grandfathering contracts purchased from a pre-1/19/19 owner? I would really like to know before I make an offer on another contract.

Sorry to hear your contract was taken. We toured at Christmas so may be some truth in this. We’ll see if ours is taken.

Seen someone’s 50 point BLT was taken on another forum at $144. It does seem that the waiver frenzy has passed. At some point in the future we may do a small add on for membership benefit if we ever get a contract past ROFR but we’re not buying direct anytime soon.

Everything happens for a reason and I think we’ll have a change in plans if we don’t get the BLT points. Not feeling so concerned about it now.

I can share! My AKV contract passed. Submitted on 1/9 and passed on 2/12 (so over 30 days). Will try to remember to update the string on my home computer tonight! I really thought it was going to be taken.

kpeterso---$105-$11244-100-AKV-Feb-0/18, 100/19, 100/20, 100/21- sent 1/9, passed 2/12

My string formatted. Finally got on my personal laptop to format this correctly.

marygrcevic---$105-$18634-160-AKV-Dec-0/18, 14/19, 160/20- sent 01/14/2019, taken 2/15

Sorry to hear. Ours was just taken for the same price per point. Are you going to give it another shot? We are debating that now. Part of me wants to wait and see how Disney is going to interpret the wording in the POS revision but it's really tempting to just jump back in because we are happy with just being able to book the original 14 resorts.

WHY are they picking on AKV and BLT now??

I don't know if they are picking on those resorts but I strongly feel they are picking on us. We felt like we were paying too much for the stripped AKV contract we just had taken because it was $10 more per point than the one we had taken in December but that didn't stop them. I really feel like they know that we took the tour in November, have contacted our guide with questions a few times since, and received mail from DVC and they are trying to frustrate us into buying direct.

Sorry to hear. Ours was just taken for the same price per point. Are you going to give it another shot? We are debating that now. Part of me wants to wait and see how Disney is going to interpret the wording in the POS revision but it's really tempting to just jump back in because we are happy with just being able to book the original 14 resorts.

Hi, and sorry about yours too! I am thinking I will lay low for awhile - see about the POS revision - Prior to the change, I had not intended to buy until about 3 years from now when DH retires...

There's a few ways ... sometimes the broker may say something like, the seller needs to come up with money to close; other times the points may be messed up - like there are expiring points that weren't banked, or there are borrowed points on a contract, or the like. Other times, (after you're in contract) you may be able to search the Orange County recorder and see that something has been filed, or you can see their mortgage and how long ago it was, and deduce from the purchase price or how long ago they purchased that something doesn't make sense.

(For example, if the seller took out a sizable mortgage 2 years ago, they're no satisfaction of mortgage, and they're selling at a price point where they're clearly not taking any $ home after the sale.)
Thanks

Two former DVC guides were interviewed on a recent Welcome Home Podcast and they said that the department that sells direct contracts and the one that buys back via ROFR are completely separate, not even in the same building, and rarely talk to each other. That why one might have a ten year waitlist for direct beach club points yet the other doesn’t buy back every beach club contract that comes through ROFR. If that’s true it would make it unlikely that anyone is being targeted to have their contracts taken just because they are a possible direct buyer.

Two former DVC guides were interviewed on a recent Welcome Home Podcast and they said that the department that sells direct contracts and the one that buys back via ROFR are completely separate, not even in the same building, and rarely talk to each other. That why one might have a ten year waitlist for direct beach club points yet the other doesn’t buy back every beach club contract that comes through ROFR. If that’s true it would make it unlikely that anyone is being targeted to have their contracts taken just because they are a possible direct buyer.

Why in the world wouldn’t they talk to each other? This seems like a bad way to do business regarding buybacks and wait lists, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter