ROFR Thread July to Sept 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEW passed!!!! 19 day turnaround, not too shabby

silva086---$97-$17158-160-SSR-Jun-0/17, 183/18, 160/19, 160/20- sent 8/2, passed 8/21

extra 23 points in 2018 which is nice
we went through dvsales.com. Lori and Mark have been incredible to work with

does anyone have a summary of what happens next? what does the timeline look like from here? when will I be able to book my first trip?
You might want to check out the closing time and come on estoppel threads. They will give you a good idea of timelines from ROFR to points in account.

Just closed on our BCV contract and points have been deposited into our account, happy day :) Question though. Current points expire in March '19. If we want to take a trip in September '19 on those points do I have to bank those points first even if I make the reservation before they expire?

Thanks

Just closed on our BCV contract and points have been deposited into our account, happy day :) Question though. Current points expire in March '19. If we want to take a trip in September '19 on those points do I have to bank those points first even if I make the reservation before they expire?

Thanks
With a March UY, those points expire Feb 2019 and need to be banked by October 31, 2018. You can’t make a reservation using those points until they sit in the UY in which you will travel, in this case, 2019.

With a March UY, those points expire Feb 2019 and need to be banked by October 31, 2018. You can’t make a reservation using those points until they sit in the UY in which you will travel, in this case, 2019.

Banking them that early is that because if we want to go in Sep '19 they should be banked 11 months out?

Banking them that early is that because if we want to go in Sep '19 they should be banked 11 months out?
DVC 101. You should read this over.

Understanding Use Year - Updated April 27, 2016

It doesn’t matter when you book, it’s when you travel. The two have nothing to do with each other. If you you want to book travel for a trip that falls within your 2019 UY, the points have to be there for you to book it.

WHEW passed!!!! 19 day turnaround, not too shabby

silva086---$97-$17158-160-SSR-Jun-0/17, 183/18, 160/19, 160/20- sent 8/2, passed 8/21

extra 23 points in 2018 which is nice
we went through dvsales.com. Lori and Mark have been incredible to work with

does anyone have a summary of what happens next? what does the timeline look like from here? when will I be able to book my first trip?

I'm about a week ahead of you, and this is what I was told...
1. Estoppel is taking 14-21 days, after which closing company sends final documents to seller and buyer
2. Contracts will arrive from closing company, which seller signs and has notarized: buyer signs and sends funds
3. Disney provides mortgage and final payoff info to closing agent (4 days)
4. Closing agent forwards everything to Disney to make transfer of ownership and mail buyer membership # (another 14 days).

So it looks like at least another month with estoppel and transfer of ownership taking about 2 wks each...
That's all I know.

We passed!!!! Just got the call from Fidelity. I wasn't really surprised since I didn't think our price would tempt Disney, but I didn't want to count on it.

Now we wait for closing docs. Hope many of the others who submitted the same week hear soon!

shairpdrh---$148-$25482-160-PVB-Dec-0/17, 160/18, 160/19- sent 8/8, passed 8/22

We passed!!!! Just got the call from Fidelity. I wasn't really surprised since I didn't think our price would tempt Disney, but I didn't want to count on it.

Now we wait for closing docs. Hope many of the others who submitted the same week hear soon!

shairpdrh---$148-$25482-160-PVB-Dec-0/17, 160/18, 160/19- sent 8/8, passed 8/22
Our BCV was through Fidelity submitted on the 8th. I hope we hear back soon!

And I just saw your VGF contract that passed earlier! HOW DO YOU DO IT????

I think Disney's Tier One Objective right now is to get AKV and SSR prices up above $100. Both of them are large resorts, as Riviera will be. Disney does not want us making comparisons and drawing the conclusion that points at large resorts do not hold/increase their value.

It's a great time to storm the gates as all guards have been transferred to AKV and SSR! :)

- Mumof4mice, running for office at the Shameless Lowballer Club

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!