ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, so 2017 banked into 2018 which I suspect I may lose if we don't close in time... 2018 banked into 2019 and of course I will get 2019... so it is mostly as you said... hope that helps

Ok, it is as I had guessed then! Makes sense.

Even if you close in time, the window will be so small. This would be one of those cases to see (if you happened to close in time) if you could quickly convert them to an RCI Exchange and let them just sit. People "argue"/discuss here now and then about how much time you need before they expire to do that -- people have this 45 day number in mind, but others (including myself) think they may be reading the rule incorrectly. But, so far, I've never seen anyone actually just TRY it and see what the official answer is. It'd be sweet if you could last-minute transfer those to RCI (without locking in a specific RCI location/reservation).

Good luck! Keep us informed! :)

I was just referencing this post for pyangal? if I remembered her name correctly. This is not the original post. Original post was done last month.

Hi- you were left off the list because your string was not formatted correctly- please and thank you :flower3:

Alrighty, the thread has been updated. I'll update again in about two weeks, I'm sure nobody can guess where I am going...:jester:

Uh oh, she's down to a 4-digit long point balance!

:flower1:

Gotta rest up for another tough day of ROFR thread updates, though, so enjoy!

I’m sorry. Are you going to try again? Have you been watching, are there any good contracts that would work for you right now?
Well, veered way off original plan. I found a perfect Vero Beach contract and our offer was accepted today. I’ll post all the details when it’s submitted to ROFR. THIS one may break my heart if taken!

I had my offer accepted on my first resale contract on 11/14. I received an email from the company I'm buying through on 11/16 saying that my deposit check was received. That is the last thing I've heard from the selling company. Is this common or should I have heard from them about the contract being submitted for ROFR, etc?

I had my offer accepted on my first resale contract on 11/14. I received an email from the company I'm buying through on 11/16 saying that my deposit check was received. That is the last thing I've heard from the selling company. Is this common or should I have heard from them about the contract being submitted for ROFR, etc?

I think you should've been notified. My guess is that you are already weeks into the ROFR process and hopefully will hear something soon. I'd reached out to your agent on Monday and inquire. You should be over 3 weeks into the process by then.

Thanks. I'll definitely contact them Monday. I'm a little surprised at the lack of communication from the agent. I thought I would be informed of things happening like the agent receiving the sellers signed contract, being submitted for ROFR, etc. The only communication has been that they received my deposit two days after I sent it next day mail and that was only after I asked if it had been received. The agent also never confirmed that the contract and other documents I sent her were received. This is my first dvc resale purchase but I've made other real estate sales and purchases and have never felt so uninformed and out of the loop.

Thanks. I'll definitely contact them Monday. I'm a little surprised at the lack of communication from the agent. I thought I would be informed of things happening like the agent receiving the sellers signed contract, being submitted for ROFR, etc. The only communication has been that they received my deposit two days after I sent it next day mail and that was only after I asked if it had been received. The agent also never confirmed that the contract and other documents I sent her were received. This is my first dvc resale purchase but I've made other real estate sales and purchases and have never felt so uninformed and out of the loop.
Many of the Resale Companies are open 7 days a week, so you may be able to get ahold of someone today to confirm things. Our contract was sent to ROFR Nov 12 and passed Dec 5, so there is a good chance you will be finding out in a couple days - they should have sent it as soon as they received your deposit. Good luck!

Hope you are well underway with ROFR. The company I used was not great with communication (I had read that going in, but they had the right contract for me), but they did let me know when the major milestones were reached. Hopefully your experience was an anomaly and you will hear back quickly with each subsequent step.

Ok, it is as I had guessed then! Makes sense.

Even if you close in time, the window will be so small. This would be one of those cases to see (if you happened to close in time) if you could quickly convert them to an RCI Exchange and let them just sit. People "argue"/discuss here now and then about how much time you need before they expire to do that -- people have this 45 day number in mind, but others (including myself) think they may be reading the rule incorrectly. But, so far, I've never seen anyone actually just TRY it and see what the official answer is. It'd be sweet if you could last-minute transfer those to RCI (without locking in a specific RCI location/reservation).

Good luck! Keep us informed! :)
My intent is to quickly rent or transfer pending on time allotted....but of course all that could change if time is too short

MarshallWDW---$148-$8373-50-PVB-Dec-0/17, 59/18, 50/19, 50/20- sent 12/10

The waiting game begins! This would be my first contract into the world of DVC :) This site has been incredibly helpful in giving me the information needed to make a purchase decision (without even needing to ask a question)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter