ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I closed on several contracts throughout the covid months. Estoppel never took longer then a week.
I closed on several contracts throughout the covid months. Estoppel never took longer then a week.
I purchased two other resale contracts this summer, and closing was 1-2 weeks after ROFR. I just sent another email to the title company. The broker told me last week that Disney has been ignoring requests for information from her as well as one of her colleagues who also has a contract in a similar situation.

Generally you have to include closing costs and potential maintenance fees. If you select "seller pays closing" and put a comment, it adjusts for that, which is the circumstance here if that's actually what the buyer is paying:

Spartan86---$97-$15690-160-SSR-Dec-0/18, 0/19, 114/20, 160/21-associate seller- sent 9/23, taken 10/15
Thanks @ScubaCat. Our links to the Docusign documents that were shared with us (we were de facto seller’s “agents) expired so I can no longer view the closing documents for an accurate number. This transaction was pretty average -buyer paid closing, no dues reimbursement.

I just realized i'm not on the "waiting" screen anymore....I must have fallen off from the Summer to fall ROFR switch.

I can't believe it's day 70 of waiting.... :sad:

Can you please add me:

Jbreen2010---$98-$25899-240-SSR-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 480/21, 240/22- sent 8/11

I can't believe you're still waiting, either! Good luck!

I just realized i'm not on the "waiting" screen anymore....I must have fallen off from the Summer to fall ROFR switch.

I can't believe it's day 70 of waiting.... :sad:

Can you please add me:

Jbreen2010---$98-$25899-240-SSR-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 480/21, 240/22- sent 8/11

This is crazy, have you been in contact with your broker lately?

This is crazy, have you been in contact with your broker lately?

I have been quite frequently now at this point. My documents say i'm going to close on Monday, which is clearly not happening. I am working with one of the biggest brokers, so i'm not sure why this is happening. They don't seem to have any more information than the people on this forum's speculations.

They have asked to not poke the sleeping bear if you will with DVC....I guess if you pester the ROFR department, they don't take too fondly to it.
To me though 70 days of waiting isn't being a pest and i'm pretty disappointed with this process.

Could you imagine if you were trying to buy a car and put out an offer and still don't know if you can get that car 70 days later. LOL

I have been quite frequently now at this point. My documents say i'm going to close on Monday, which is clearly not happening. I am working with one of the biggest brokers, so i'm not sure why this is happening. They don't seem to have any more information than the people on this forum's speculations.

They have asked to not poke the sleeping bear if you will with DVC....I guess if you pester the ROFR department, they don't take too fondly to it.
To me though 70 days of waiting isn't being a pest and i'm pretty disappointed with this process.

Could you imagine if you were trying to buy a car and put out an offer and still don't know if you can get that car 70 days later. LOL
This is where the whole "don't poke the sleeping bear" nonsense makes me angry (having almost gotten into a similar situation in early covid days). There are legal requirements around ROFR and closing for a reason. If Disney doesn't respond by the closing date, then legally they have passed up their ROFR and you can close. The fact that the brokers don't want to do that is, to say the least, frustrating.

Sounds like the brokers have lost any pull they had... 70 days is excessive. I'd ask the broker to forward confirmation or a copy of the ROFR paperwork sent... maybe that 8/11 date you were given was off by a month?!

If they take it after making you wait 70+ days that is just cruel. I really hope you pass.

Me too. I would seriously have to reevaluate my financial spend here if I can't even get through ROFR in an orderly fashion.

This is where the whole "don't poke the sleeping bear" nonsense makes me angry (having almost gotten into a similar situation in early covid days). There are legal requirements around ROFR and closing for a reason. If Disney doesn't respond by the closing date, then legally they have passed up their ROFR and you can close. The fact that the brokers don't want to do that is, to say the least, frustrating.

I agree here with this one. Our contract gives DVC 75 days to exercise ROFR...which is plenty of time. These contracts are just name, use year, points and dollars - doesn't seem to hard to me...not even like I need to do a home inspection! I told Broker I want to close, but they did not seem inclined to push any harder. When I was eyeing up contracts on various sites, I picked this one as they touted many agents and employees have years of experience in working with DVC, so one would have assumed they could pick up the phone and rectify this....but i guess it's not that easy.

Exactly. RoFR is used in all kinds of real estate transactions and they are NEVER open ended like this. The brokers need to just move forward and close if they have not responded within the deadline.

Exactly. RoFR is used in all kinds of real estate transactions and they are NEVER open ended like this. The brokers need to just move forward and close if they have not responded within the deadline.

Maybe I wait until my contract's closing time and reach out to title company to tell them i'm ready to close since my day has come.

I'll copy all parties involved LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!