ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
BCV:

Kenito---$127-$22940-175-BCV-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 199/21, 175/22 - sent 9/8

E2ME2---$142-$4890-30-BCV-Jun-0/19, 30/20, 30/21, 30/22-Seller Paid '20 MF- sent 9/16

Rustygirl84---$169-$9597-50-BCV-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 50/21- sent 9/29

Kenito & Rustygirl8 : Good Luck on ROFR!

I saw another June Use Year for 35 Points, and it had all 70 Points for 2020.
By time I called to inquire, it had a bid accepted. The agent told me they got full listing price, which was $192/PP ! o_O
Does that seem really high to you all ?
Kenito should be hearing something pretty soon -🤞
ET:darth:

I figure why not. Not in any hurry. If this one gets taken, DH and I are thinking 200 direct then look for around 200 resale. We'll see how it goes.
If you're willing to own 450 points resale, but also willing to pay for 200 points direct and another 200 points resale, why are you not just pursuing two smaller 200 point resale contracts? To each his own, but after three rounds of this fight, landing on the canvas after every round, I'd be with you on throwing in the towel.

You're fighting an uphill battle that captures beautifully how the resale market is far from a free market.

To you and every other resale buyer, a contract of this size should certainly reflect a discount from market $/pt price at SSR, as it's a beast of a contract to move and there will be a smaller pool of buyers. Conversely, A LOT more people can afford paying $240/pt for 15 BCV points (and its 35 point sister contract).

To Disney that contract is one 50 point four 100 point contracts bought at $92/point with the added bonus of taking the seller's closing fees to drive the $/pt down even further and increasing the delta with retail prices.

But that said, I suppose they can't take them all.

By time I called to inquire, it had a bid accepted. The agent told me they got full listing price, which was $192/PP ! o_O

Thanks. I still feel like I paid too much for mine. I think $195 Is a bit steep. I saw one on here today that was 15 points for $207 and it was pending. I guess it all comes down to, is it your use year and how bad you want it

I’m still dusting myself off from getting taken. I should have just paid more. I’m going to offer at least 100$ For SSR with seller paying MF and hoping it goes through. I’m just trying to figure out if I need to stick with the same UY as my other one.

I’m still dusting myself off from getting taken. I should have just paid more. I’m going to offer at least 100$ For SSR with seller paying MF and hoping it goes through. I’m just trying to figure out if I need to stick with the same UY as my other one.

Different UY is different membership. If you don’t want to easily combine, or are using for different trips, it’s not a big deal.

However, if it’s the same resort, now we can use transferred points online so it may not be as bad as before.

Thanks! Hoping to hear this week or next. It had better pass, as I've been working extra since June to pay for this and my recent VGC contract. I haven't seen the sun in 4 months. My skin is see through...

Different UY is different membership. If you don’t want to easily combine, or are using for different trips, it’s not a big deal.

However, if it’s the same resort, now we can use transferred points online so it may not be as bad as before.

I’m thinking of buying a different resort so I should probably just stick to the same UY. One less thing to think about lol

So I just found out why my $86/point SSR passed ROFR...it came from an international seller!! I’m now pissed because I had no idea I was purchasing an international contract. My broker never mentioned it to me and it wasn’t noted on the initial paperwork I signed. I just received my closing documents and it was listed on there as well as a IRS form 8288.

I have heard horror stories of the IRS coming after people due to taxes not paid by the seller. Not sure if the great deal is worth all the headache. Is it too late for me to back out on the deal? Has this ever happened to anyone before?

So I just found out why my $86/point SSR passed ROFR...it came from an international seller!! I’m now pissed because I had no idea I was purchasing an international contract. My broker never mentioned it to me and it wasn’t noted on the initial paperwork I signed. I just received my closing documents and it was listed on there as well as a IRS form 8288.

I have heard horror stories of the IRS coming after people due to taxes not paid by the seller. Not sure if the great deal is worth all the headache. Is it too late for me to back out on the deal? Has this ever happened to anyone before?

The seller doesn't remit the taxes, you/title company do(es) as a form of withholding. The buyer is either required to provide a certificate from Uncle Sam indicating they don't require withholding (which then, you are off the hook) - or they have to file their tax return after the sale to get any money they are due back.

I'm in the middle of purchasing international, I wouldn't worry about it at all. If it makes you feel better tell the title company you need a letter from them evidencing they are making the payment on your behalf.

:oops: Mine got taken at 90 so...I would be one happy camper haha

You shouldn’t be worried about taxes if your broker does everything right

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter