ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is ROFR going so quickly now! Maybe I’ll get to close before December 1 if mine can squeeze through!!
I was thinking the same thing...but looks like mine was passed over. Decisions coming for the same resort, submitted after mine have passed. Mine still sets. It must be because I went right above the $100 they had been taking for SSR, and did $101. I guess I might as well have done $99, because it would just be sitting there either way, waiting to see if they needed the points for a direct buyer.

Thanks Lorana. It appears to be the “International Seller benefit”. All three that made it through ROFR are international. The one that was taken was not international.
International sellers are a boon that way. I know lots of people have posted on these threads with concerns about IRS implications if the seller doesn’t pay the taxes, but from my perspective a good broker/title ensures that is fine, and I love international sellers because they are almost never taken in ROFR (at least one of my purchased contracts came from an international seller).

Congrats!!! That's awesome.

My Guide had mentioned to me when I was purchasing back in September and asking for spread-out payments that DVC's fiscal year ends 10/30, so I wonder if there is such a rush in order to clear the books for the end of fiscal year?

In which case they'd be SUPER mad at ME- I bought 100 direct for a blue card, and we've been spreading things out like crazy. My guide isn't SUPER fast at getting back to me though, I called her at the beginning of the week to say a new card I was waiting for came and she didn't call me back?? It was weird.

We just passed ROFR on 3 identical contracts!!

IslandDreamer---$80-$18233-200-AUL-Oct-200/19, 200/20, 200/21, 200/22-seller pays MF '20- sent 10/5, passed 10/30

IslandDreamer---$80-$18233-200-AUL-Oct-200/19, 200/20, 200/21, 200/22-seller pays MF '20- sent 10/5, passed 10/30

I was thinking the same thing...but looks like mine was passed over. Decisions coming for the same resort, submitted after mine have passed. Mine still sets. It must be because I went right above the $100 they had been taking for SSR, and did $101. I guess I might as well have done $99, because it would just be sitting there either way, waiting to see if they needed the points for a direct buyer.

Im at 103$ and waiting but only submitted on 10/20, so probably in the same boat!

What I don’t get about the delays on estoppel is that legally Disney must provide estoppel within ten days of request by the owner or the owner’s representative. Are the title companies just not formally requesting estoppel on the owners behalf in exchange for avoiding the $250 fee Disney could charge them for the request and letting Disney take their time with the process?

I wonder if anyone was able to answer the above question. Now hoping estoppel will move at a reasonable pace.

Marissag555---$100-$10580-100-OKW-Jun-0/19, 0/20, 100/21, 100/22- sent 10/1, taken 10/31

Ugh! I knew this might happen 😩 I guess I got Boo’d on Halloween 👻
Sorry to hear that.

do you know if your OKW have been extended already or if it already expires 2042?

If not that could be the reason why they took it.

Still waiting patiently. No news either. I’m beginning to think perhaps maybe one title company has priority over another? Or maybe they just spilled coffee on mine and forgot. 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter