ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you follow ROFR for any length of time, you will come to the conclusion that there are only two possibilities for how Disney makes ROFR decisions:
  1. They lay all the contracts on the floor of the meerkat exhibit and anything that the meerkats run across gets bought back
  2. They are using a piece of data we do not capture in the ROFR thread to make their decisions. My best guess is the exact unit of the contract, as buying more of the same unit increases Disney’s flexibility to sell.
Well it's obvious they go with possibility number one. 😂

Ruttangel---$100-$8490-70-BWV-Mar-0/19, 0/20, 70/21, 70/22- sent 10/8, passed 11/9

Just an update as I haven’t been on the site much.
I haven’t had the closing documents yet due to health issue of the people I’m buying from.
Also, my DH and I are currently suffering with Covid, so we are not really pushing much for the documents. We just want to know we will be fit and healthy soon.
Thanksgiving wishes to my US friends, I wish you good health.

I haven’t had the closing documents yet due to health issue of the people I’m buying from.
Also, my DH and I are currently suffering with Covid, so we are not really pushing much for the documents. We just want to know we will be fit and healthy soon.
So sorry to hear you are ill! Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery!

Earlier on this thread, someone brought up loaded contracts possibly getting taken more than stripped ones at these resorts that Disney is currently buying back. I wonder if that is the determining factor right now.
I don’t think so. The SS contract they took from me a couple of weeks ago was stripped.

If you follow ROFR for any length of time, you will come to the conclusion that there are only two possibilities for how Disney makes ROFR decisions:
  1. They lay all the contracts on the floor of the meerkat exhibit and anything that the meerkats run across gets bought back
  2. They are using a piece of data we do not capture in the ROFR thread to make their decisions. My best guess is the exact unit of the contract, as buying more of the same unit increases Disney’s flexibility to sell.
I do think it’s also partially driven by people who are asking for direct points too. I know when I had inquired about buying direct points to OKW, the guide was very squirrelly about what he had in inventory and assured me “oh we can get them.”
there is definitely some equation they’re using but I couldn’t tell you what it is at this point. I’m just trying to study the patterns.
I’m also curious how many people make these decisions- is it a team decision? Are there 2-3 people who make the decision and all of them have slightly different criteria that they lean on?
Oh- I have so many questions that will never be answered!

So sorry to hear... feel better soon!

Best wishes to feel better soon!

We’re trying our luck on a new AKL contract. Here’s to us getting this one through!

Jsbiv5---$98-$21390-210-AKV-Dec-25/19, 210/20, 210/21, 210/22-Seller pays MF ‘20- sent 11/17
Good luck!! We are waiting for ROFR on AKL points too.

Hmmm... very difficult to understand Disney’s ROFR patterns in regard to BLT lately. They took at 142 a day after they let pass at 135. I’m sure they have a reason or had a buyer for the Dec use year points. Heartbroken for those whose contracts were taken. Ours is still out there at 139/pt and waiting to hear if we get through ROFR. Will see what happens🤞. Hope everyone has a safe and happy thanksgiving.
I was going to say my personal theory, but CastAStone beat me to it:
They are using a piece of data we do not capture in the ROFR thread to make their decisions. My best guess is the exact unit of the contract, as buying more of the same unit increases Disney’s flexibility to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter