Rogue One catch all thread

I preordered from Target and got a $5 gift card for doing it that way. It was delivered yesterday, so I didn't have to wait longer which was nice and I didn't have to drive to the store.

I preordered from Target and got a $5 gift card for doing it that way. It was delivered yesterday, so I didn't have to wait longer which was nice and I didn't have to drive to the store.

Yeah...I thought about that and didn't think $5 was worth the risk...lol!!

Yeah...I thought about that and didn't think $5 was worth the risk...lol!!

They originally had the delivery date noted as Monday, which I was super excited about until they changed it to yesterday. Thought I was going to get the jump on it before it was released in stores, lol. Amazon has had it available to buy for a week or so, but then I wouldn't have had the blu-ray to give to my parents and the dvd for my sister. I used the digital copy. So, I ended up with something for all of us.

Why not?!?

1. College kids don't sleep
2. You live in Minnesota...there's probably one in your building
I don't know why you think I live in Minnesota. I despise gophers.

And true we don't sleep but I'm not exactly in walking distance to a target.

My local Best Buy didn't have the steelbook. Guess I might have to try target because IF I get this I'm getting it in 3D

Yes I'm one of those people, but not a terrible one like some others

Last edited:
My local Best Buy didn't have the steelbook. Guess I might have to try target because IF I get this I'm getting it in 3D

Yes I'm one of those people, but not a terrible one like some others

The last couple times I've looked for steel books at best but they are gone almost immediately...I think they're "hook" items and must get about 3

The target deluxe with 3D should be around till the weekend at least.

The last couple times I've looked for steel books at best but they are gone almost immediately...I think they're "hook" items and must get about 3

The target deluxe with 3D should be around till the weekend at least.
Mine still had the sing ones as well as some original ghostbusters ones. They honestly are hook items. They go for insane prices on the resale market and people go crazy for them. Oh well, if I do go for target it probably won't be wont be shut out online. That's how I had to get the Best Buy exclusive of kung fu panda 3 like 6 months after release date, no stores within a hundred miles carried them anymore

Any thoughts on the best "version" of Rogue One to buy (target, walmart, BB, amazon)?
I at least want a version with digital option. 3D is ok (i have a 3D BD player) but not a necessity.

Any thoughts on the best "version" of Rogue One to buy (target, walmart, BB, amazon)?
I at least want a version with digital option. 3D is ok (i have a 3D BD player) but not a necessity.

The target special is the best

$27.99
DVD
Special features DVD
Blu ray
3D blu ray
Special features blu ray
Digital download

I bought my version from Amazon. Just the digital with the bonus. The price is equal a DVD. Must say on second viewing I still really like this film. And no one can touch Vader in the bad guy department imho. I never considered myself a Vader fangirl. But my goodness they absolutely landed the fact that Vader was very ruthless and menacing. Even to the imperials

And I really love the way they show the Rebel Alliance. A scrappy organization having to make difficult decisions to keep going.

I bought my version from Amazon. Just the digital with the bonus. The price is equal a DVD. Must say on second viewing I still really like this film. And no one can touch Vader in the bad guy department. I never considered myself a Vader fangirl. But my goodness they absolutely landed the fact that Vader was very ruthless.

And I really love the way they show the Rebel Alliance. A scrappy organization having to make difficult decisions to keep going.

In ten years...after Disney has had a chance to take Star Wars to the prom and then never talk to her again...

...rogue one is gonna grow. And it has major flaws...but it sticks to the ribs in a way no Star Wars has since 1983.

I don't think the farce awakens was a terrible effort - its approach/motives were all wrong...as in I kinda wish they wouldn't have met Ford's ransom demands...I'm ok with him going away and being disgruntled he never got paid - but from the time the credits rolled it was missing that "it" factor...that you get a little of when you watched R1.

The measure of the Star Wars phenomenon has never been when you are watching it...it's what your memory and emotions do with it after the credits rolled.

Yep. And this theme has been consistent even in the cartoon Star Wars Rebels. My whole family loves these, as opposed to Clone Wars which we like, but don't love. Still better than the prequels though. Regardless I think Disney has done a good job of starting to standardize the universe. Happy to see Timothy Zahn's Thrawn (Heir to the Empire series) survive the EU to Legends cull. Outside of Vader, he is the best Star Wars villain. Really think those Zahn books are the best of the Legends, even at 25+ years old, though the original Knights of the Old Republic game was flat out incredible as well.

I expect to see so much more coherence in the games, books, movies and shows going forward. For example, my daughter loves the Ahsoka book, by E.K. Johnson, that takes place between Clone Wars and Rebels. So many gaps filled in, provides a strong female Force character the first 6 (and especially the prequel) movies horribly lacked, and helps flesh out the period between Episode III and IV. Love that Rebels is filling in this gap as well, even though you know nothing good can come to the characters in the end.

In ten years...after Disney has had a chance to take Star Wars to the prom and then never talk to her again...

...rogue one is gonna grow. And it has major flaws...but it sticks to the ribs in a way no Star Wars has since 1983.

I don't think the farce awakens was a terrible effort - its approach/motives were all wrong...as in I kinda wish they wouldn't have met Ford's ransom demands...I'm ok with him going away and being disgruntled he never got paid - but from the time the credits rolled it was missing that "it" factor...that you get a little of when you watched R1.

The measure of the Star Wars phenomenon has never been when you are watching it...it's what your memory and emotions do with it after the credits rolled.

I guess they had to have the originals in the new set, but Han and Leia were the weakest performances and stories in my opinion. Having read many of those "Legends" books, I was a little disappointed where they ended up.

Chewie and Luke did a great job though. :D

I did think the new trio of heroes did a good job (Finn, Poe, and Rey). They are a charismatic group.

Yep. And this theme has been consistent even in the cartoon Star Wars Rebels. My whole family loves these, as opposed to Clone Wars which we like, but don't love. Still better than the prequels though. Regardless I think Disney has done a good job of starting to standardize the universe. Happy to see Timothy Zahn's Thrawn (Heir to the Empire series) survive the EU to Legends cull. Outside of Vader, he is the best Star Wars villain. Really think those Zahn books are the best of the Legends, even at 25+ years old, though the original Knights of the Old Republic game was flat out incredible as well.

I expect to see so much more coherence in the games, books, movies and shows going forward. For example, my daughter loves the Ahsoka book, by E.K. Johnson, that takes place between Clone Wars and Rebels. So many gaps filled in, provides a strong female Force character the first 6 (and especially the prequel) movies horribly lacked, and helps flesh out the period between Episode III and IV. Love that Rebels is filling in this gap as well, even though you know nothing good can come to the characters in the end.

I haven't watched The Clone Wars or Rebels animated stuff, but the Thrawn trilogy of books was really cool. It's a no-brainer to milk that one.

I haven't watched The Clone Wars or Rebels animated stuff, but the Thrawn trilogy of books was really cool. It's a no-brainer to milk that one.

I thought the zahn books made too many references to the movies...but they weren't bad. Remember they came out in the early 90's when life generally sucked...so it was nice to have old friend back after 10 years that seemed like 50...

Clone wars were far better than the prequels and rebels is really fun to watch. The season 2 finale of rebels tied both together and was one of the best cartoons ever made.

I guess they had to have the originals in the new set, but Han and Leia were the weakest performances and stories in my opinion. Having read many of those "Legends" books, I was a little disappointed where they ended up.

Chewie and Luke did a great job though. :D

I did think the new trio of heroes did a good job (Finn, Poe, and Rey). They are a charismatic group.

I have to say after the dust settled I though fisher was awful...terrible...

And ford was forced and didn't do much better. Unfortunately - that wasn't the dashing swashbuckler of empire - or even an aged version of that...it was just a cranky old man who wanted the paycheck and it showed.

The Abrams choice made sense...as did Kasdan...

But if you step back and look at the Hollywood politics...it stinks a little.

Kasdan was beholden to Lucas and speilberg...And ford (empire strikes back...to get raiders done...and lifelong cred forever after)

Speilberg is beholden to Lucas and ford

Abrams is beholden to speilberg and ford (wrote regarding Henry when he was like 22)

Kennedy is beholden to Spielberg and Lucas forever

Ford wanted money he felt he was owed.

Disney wanted money so bob can buy a new tanning bed.

It doenst take Scotland Yard to figure this out: that movie was written for ford...and I imagine he had too much input.

And then fisher died...so mark hamill is left holding a bag with a hole in it.

And we get that "attack of the clones" "uh oh" feeling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!