Roma and La Costa Bella

Elitravelor

Mouseketeer
Hello--
Has anyone returned from their June/early July trip?? We would love to hear details about your trip since we are going next week!!:yay:

Just trying to organize clothes so we pack light..... what to bring???

How was the Ambasciatori Palace? We booked two rooms as we are a quad and I am worried about the rooms being together.

Please, please let us know how your trip was!!!:thumbsup2

Just looking for a little bit of a trip report from some recent travelors!!!;)
Anyone back from last week's trip??? Loved to hear :flower3:

We leave on Monday for a couple of pre-Disney days. We wanted to spend some more time at the Vatican and adjust before the adventure begins!!

We weren't with ABD, but we returned from Italy last Thursday.

It was very hot and there is almost no air conditioning anywhere. Even the Italian idea of AC in hotels is not what we are accustomed to. (They also do not serve ice with drinks and the refrigerated drinks -- like soda -- are not as cold as you'd expect.)

So be prepared to be hot and sweaty and have no opportunity to really cool off during the day.

Bring light-weight breathable clothes. Bring enough shirts to change your shirt (and for the ladies, possibly your bra) each day before dinner or plan on washing your clothes in the bathroom sink. Keep in mind that many churches you'll be visiting require covered shoulders and knees. You will be refused admission if you do not comply with the dress code -- we saw it happen multiple times and to even the smallest children. (A few ladies had scarves they could throw around their shoulders when they entered.) Decent restaurants for dinner mean no shorts for anyone.

In re the Vatican -- do not plan on doing St. Peter's on Wednesday morning bec that is when the pope does his audience and you can't get in to the church.

ETA: Please note that when I say it was very hot, I am speaking as someone who is almost never hot. Last night it was 80 in our house and my feet were still cold. So when I say it was hot and the AC was inadequate in the hotels we stayed in (most of which were at least 4 star), I am not exaggerating nor speaking from the perspective of someone who wants the AC to chill the place to 68 F.

Thanks for the tips! People keep warning us how hot we will be in Italy during July. I set out two shirts a day for the guys and sundresses for the evening for the ladies but it seems like a lot. We have pull on cotton skirts to throw in a bag for the covering of knees for the ladies. The guys have 2 pairs of long pants ---for the Vatican Day ( we have a tour with Angel Tours set ) and dinners. I am trying so hard to pack lightly!!:scared:

I know my 22 year old son is going to die with the AC as we have thermostat wars now with the AC. I like it warm,he likes it refrigeration temp. Once he is in his own place paying the bills he may see it differently!!:rolleyes1 We always do our vacations in the heat of summer so hopefully we will not be too shocked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter