Romantic Things to Do At Each Park?

DizEO

Earning My Ears
What's up everyone--especially couples! My amazing girlfriend and I are going to be hitting the parks for 5 days in September, and celebrating our 4-year anniversary as a couple. This has been a dream date for us ever since we first started dating, and so I was wondering:

What romantic things are there to do--or that you couples do--in each park, big or small, that you guys could suggest? We're already going to have a nice romantic evening dinner at California Grill, we plan on doing the horse carriage ride at Port Orleans together, and I am secretly ordering some stuff for her to be in our resort room through Disney Flowers. All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!

It's not letting me quote you guys for direct replies, but thank you so much! I'll definitely look at these restaurants in case we decide to do more romantic dinner dates (although right now our ADRs are with my parents to have fun double dates).

And that sounds so peaceful and nice! I for one can't wait to hold hands with my girlfriend and stroll around as well. WDW has to be one of the best places to people watch, no doubt.

World Showcase in Epcot is the most romantic spot I remember from our honeymoon. So many cute places for pictures! And food and wine will be going on, so lots of yummy things to try.

Yes! It's been about 6 years since I last was there, so I'm not entirely sure how much of World Showcase has changed but even then it seemed like a great place for pictures. Any specific pavilions you recommend? I TOTALLY forgot Food and Wine was going on around our trip as well, thanks for the reminder!! :cool1:

In MK by Rapunzel's Tower, there are the hanging lanterns as seen in Tangled. At night, they are an incredible sight as they illuminate and are a good backdrop for photos. Also, at night, there is a PhotoPass spot at that location where you can hold a larger lantern in your hands for different photos. My wife and I did it and they are some of our favorite pics from WDW!

Take a photo in France at night in front of the water fountain.

Sounds like a wonderful idea! Thank you!

In MK by Rapunzel's Tower, there are the hanging lanterns as seen in Tangled. At night, they are an incredible sight as they illuminate and are a good backdrop for photos. Also, at night, there is a PhotoPass spot at that location where you can hold a larger lantern in your hands for different photos. My wife and I did it and they are some of our favorite pics from WDW!

Ohhhh! That sounds fantastic! Those lanterns are definitely something that would make my girlfriend very happy to take a picture with! Thank you!!

On our honeymoon we really loved walking along the boardwalk area at night, and going to Trader Sam's at the Poly (admittedly less romantic, but super fun).

On our honeymoon we really loved walking along the boardwalk area at night, and going to Trader Sam's at the Poly (admittedly less romantic, but super fun).

Oh, that's a good idea! I have never actually walked the Boardwalk anyway by myself, and I've only heard good things about it. A night walk would be awesome, and definitely romantic, thank you!!

Just had a trip in June that was my wife's first time at Disney World, so I tried to include some things that I hoped would stand out for her. Some of that was restaurants (The Hollywood Brown Derby and Le Cellier) and some of it was experiences like Savor the Savanna.

We did Savor the Savanna at AK on the Monday before she flew back home (I was sticking around until Saturday for a conference) and as day 4 of hitting the parks it ended up being the perfect way to slow down at bit and just take a moment to relax as a couple. It's set up for up to 12 guests but for our safari it was just us and another couple which meant we had more opportunities for interactions with the cast member who was our guide and the other cast members we met at the boma where we would have liked to have spent more time (good food, good drinks, good times).

Really, it's just having those quieter moments where you can appreciate where you are and the person you are with along with the randomness that you can't control (like stepping out Le Cellier after an amazing dinner into a torrential downpour and being able to laugh at it while making a run for Le Halles to pick up some breakfast pastries).

Interesting fact, apparently all the painted dogs in the Kilimanjaro Safari are named after Batman villains and there's one called the Riddler that can be spotted by the colouring on his back leg that looks like a question mark.

Just had a trip in June that was my wife's first time at Disney World, so I tried to include some things that I hoped would stand out for her. Some of that was restaurants (The Hollywood Brown Derby and Le Cellier) and some of it was experiences like Savor the Savanna.

We did Savor the Savanna at AK on the Monday before she flew back home (I was sticking around until Saturday for a conference) and as day 4 of hitting the parks it ended up being the perfect way to slow down at bit and just take a moment to relax as a couple. It's set up for up to 12 guests but for our safari it was just us and another couple which meant we had more opportunities for interactions with the cast member who was our guide and the other cast members we met at the boma where we would have liked to have spent more time (good food, good drinks, good times).

Really, it's just having those quieter moments where you can appreciate where you are and the person you are with along with the randomness that you can't control (like stepping out Le Cellier after an amazing dinner into a torrential downpour and being able to laugh at it while making a run for Le Halles to pick up some breakfast pastries).

Interesting fact, apparently all the painted dogs in the Kilimanjaro Safari are named after Batman villains and there's one called the Riddler that can be spotted by the colouring on his back leg that looks like a question mark.

Wow, that sounds like you guys had such a wonderful time! I'm taking her on the Caring for Giants tour at AK and am hoping it has the same romantic effect Savor the Savannah had for you--that it just slows things down a bit and gives us a moment to relax together. Also, she LOVES elephants, so she's really excited about it in general haha!

I agree, I think all the little moments we're going to have since this is our first trip to WDW together are going to be the memories we'll keep. Or at least I know they will be for me. Let's just hope there isn't a torrential downpour when we go, but we'll make the bests of it! ;)

Also didn't know about the Killamanjaro Safari dogs! I'll 100% look for that!

Thanks for such a thoughtful response!!

It's really hard to answer - what is romantic is an individual definition unless you are going for the quintessential flowers, chocolates, candlelit dinner. But I find those things to be very impersonal choices unless it's something that means something to you like a favourite restaurant or where you had your first date. But to me, the most romantic thing you can do for a partner is to do, plan or participate in those things that makes them the happiest which can even include going back to the same show more times than you can stand smiling while gritting your teeth because that's what he likes to do even though you'd like to poke your eardrums out with a knitting needle (for example). It's less a thing that other people define as romantic and more about showing how you appreciate and understand your partner and what makes them happy or shows thoughtfulness and that you heard what they said.

That said, if you're looking for places and things to do where it's less chaotic and quieter so that you can spend time focusing on each other, there are a lot of different restaurants that are less appealing to children (so they are quieter), tables are farther apart so you don't feel like you're talking to your table neighbours, areas or times in the pools that are not as loud or busy. If you're in a room with a balcony, have a simple late lunch/very early dinner, and then pick up some cheese, crackers, wine from one of the resort stores and have it on your balcony after dark and just chill. Even better if you're at a resort where you can partially face the fireworks at whatever park is nearest and relax with just the two of you. This is one of our favourite things to do.

DH and I did our first trip to WDW after we'd been dating for 6 months so just being in the Disney bubble is romantic to us. Every time we go, it brings back those memories and feelings - and that was 33 years ago. Given that this a dream date for both of you, you're already doing something romantic - sharing something you both love. But maybe you could save the money on the carriage ride and flowers and put it towards something more lasting that will prompt those memories over a longer period of time. Something like Disney jewelry - a necklace with Mickey or Minnie ears (I have the Mickey ears in rose gold and it reminds me of our trips every time I wear it) or do the pick-a-pearl at the Japanese pavilion and have it put into a Cinderella carriage cage.

It's really hard to answer - what is romantic is an individual definition unless you are going for the quintessential flowers, chocolates, candlelit dinner. But I find those things to be very impersonal choices unless it's something that means something to you like a favourite restaurant or where you had your first date. But to me, the most romantic thing you can do for a partner is to do, plan or participate in those things that makes them the happiest which can even include going back to the same show more times than you can stand smiling while gritting your teeth because that's what he likes to do even though you'd like to poke your eardrums out with a knitting needle (for example). It's less a thing that other people define as romantic and more about showing how you appreciate and understand your partner and what makes them happy or shows thoughtfulness and that you heard what they said.

That said, if you're looking for places and things to do where it's less chaotic and quieter so that you can spend time focusing on each other, there are a lot of different restaurants that are less appealing to children (so they are quieter), tables are farther apart so you don't feel like you're talking to your table neighbours, areas or times in the pools that are not as loud or busy. If you're in a room with a balcony, have a simple late lunch/very early dinner, and then pick up some cheese, crackers, wine from one of the resort stores and have it on your balcony after dark and just chill. Even better if you're at a resort where you can partially face the fireworks at whatever park is nearest and relax with just the two of you. This is one of our favourite things to do.

DH and I did our first trip to WDW after we'd been dating for 6 months so just being in the Disney bubble is romantic to us. Every time we go, it brings back those memories and feelings - and that was 33 years ago. Given that this a dream date for both of you, you're already doing something romantic - sharing something you both love. But maybe you could save the money on the carriage ride and flowers and put it towards something more lasting that will prompt those memories over a longer period of time. Something like Disney jewelry - a necklace with Mickey or Minnie ears (I have the Mickey ears in rose gold and it reminds me of our trips every time I wear it) or do the pick-a-pearl at the Japanese pavilion and have it put into a Cinderella carriage cage.

Oh. My. Goodness. This was such a thoughtful and well-written response, thank you!!! Haha your example seems extremely specific :) I hope your eardrum has withstood the ultimate test of time up until now! I totally agree, I mean we haven't been together as long as you and your DH (congratulations and much respect for your 33 years by the way!), but even in our relationship of going on 4 years those moments of doing being invested in the other person's passion/interest/activity even if it's not something the other would like to do very much has helped us develop our love for each other and the act of listening! You're speaking true wisdom there.

I love all the thoughtfulness of the intimate, "smaller" (I put it in quotes because, of course, it can mean a whole LOT) activities you talk about. Some crackers, cheese, and wine funny enough is one of our favorite "small" love activities we like to share, and doing it on a balcony or at night I think would be extremely special. I'm definitely keeping that in mind!

Jewelry that would continue to remind us of the trip would be perfect, and I might just take you up on that suggestion. Seriously, when I read that you still get reminded of your wonderful trips every time you wear your jewelry...I would really love to give her the same feeling, because her happiness means the world to me. Thank you for such an awesome response again, it warmed my heart today!!!

I agree with kiford on the pick-a-pearl in the Japan Pavilion at Epcot. The experience by itself is special, pick the ugliest oyster possible for the best pearl. If this is something that you truly believe your loved one would enjoy then I would definitely recommend choosing a pearl cage (to house the selected pearl) prior to going as the selections on site are way too expensive. There is a wonderful selection online at much better pricing, many of them Disney themed and many can also be purchased with the necklace/chain.

Picture this: Your having a wonderful meal/snack/cocktail seated somewhere lovely around the world showcase. You gaze adoringly at your GF across the table and slide your simply wrapped pearl cage for her to open and then say, now lets go find something special to put into it. THAT is something I would remember for the rest of my days as a fond Disney memory.

My DH and I also love to watch the MK fireworks from the beaches over at the Poly. Much less crowded and more romantic than from the park. You could grab a beverage or (in my case) even better, a Dole Whip from Captain Cook's first. Whatever you decide to do, it will be magical - because you will be at DW!
:love2:

AK: I'd recommend just wandering through Pandora at night
EPCOT: Stop into the wine bar in Italy, it truly feels like an Italian little bistro. Great spot to grab a small bite and glass of wine.
MK: This is a pretty tough one, I'd say head out of the park and over to grand floridian. But to get there take one of the smaller boards as opposed to monorail. Watching the fireworks from GF after watching their band near Mizner's.

In addition to strolling around WS in the evening, one of my favorite things to do is to head back to France at RD to have breakfast at Les Halles. Everyone else will be headed left to FEA, so you'll have the right side of WS to yourself and be able to take leisurely stroll, stopping for some awesome people-less photos. And then you get french pastries for breakfast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts