Romantic Things to Do At Each Park?

Some of our favorites from various trips:

1. California Grill- We had an amazing dinner here once, but what was really nice was sitting in the lounge and snacking. We had a table up against the window. Required no reservation and we were able to just sit and talk. We did get there around opening so that helped with snagging a prime seat. Also, the brunch is one of the best things we've done there. We've agreed it is now a must do every time we go.

2. Victoria and Alberts- $$$$ but worth the experience if you can swing it. It was where we ate the before we got engaged, and then when we flew for our honeymoon the day after our wedding, we made sure it was the first meal.

3. Nomad Lounge in AK- super serene, good drinks and food. AK is surprisingly romantic if you know where to go. Grab a seat outside away from the hustle and bustle.

4. Grand Floridian Lobby- Take the boat from the MK because it is a lovely ride and walk the grounds. Grab a drink and just sit in the lobby and listen to the piano player or orchestra depending on the time. People find the hotel stuffy, but I think sitting with your loved one, serenaded by live music, in an opulent setting is very romantic.

5. Fireworks in MK are out of this world. Stake out a spot and enjoy. Or splurge and do the dessert party so you get a seat on the grassy area.

6. The Boardwalk is lovely at night. Grab some ice cream from Ample Hills and sit and people watch. Time it right and you can see fireworks from HS and Epcot.

7. Dinner at Jiko- just trust me.

Enjoy!

Long reply post incoming!

I agree with kiford on the pick-a-pearl in the Japan Pavilion at Epcot. The experience by itself is special, pick the ugliest oyster possible for the best pearl. If this is something that you truly believe your loved one would enjoy then I would definitely recommend choosing a pearl cage (to house the selected pearl) prior to going as the selections on site are way too expensive. There is a wonderful selection online at much better pricing, many of them Disney themed and many can also be purchased with the necklace/chain.

Picture this: Your having a wonderful meal/snack/cocktail seated somewhere lovely around the world showcase. You gaze adoringly at your GF across the table and slide your simply wrapped pearl cage for her to open and then say, now lets go find something special to put into it. THAT is something I would remember for the rest of my days as a fond Disney memory.

My DH and I also love to watch the MK fireworks from the beaches over at the Poly. Much less crowded and more romantic than from the park. You could grab a beverage or (in my case) even better, a Dole Whip from Captain Cook's first. Whatever you decide to do, it will be magical - because you will be at DW!
:love2:

It's actually pretty funny, when I first read this I did imagine it and you're right--it sounds even more like a fantastic idea! I think I am going to surprise her with this activity and 100%, and that's got me pumped because she won't even see it coming! Question for you: can you pick a necklace/chain/jewelry to set the pearl in at the parks in Epcot? I feel like she would want to do that to add to the experience.

Aww, that sounds so nice on the Poly beach! I know I'm definitely taking her resort hopping on the last Friday because there's so many amazing things to do, so Poly beach is on the list. I think we're going to see the fireworks outside of MK at our dinner reservation at Cali Grill though that Friday haha! You're right though, this trip is going to be special just because we're together!

AK: I'd recommend just wandering through Pandora at night
EPCOT: Stop into the wine bar in Italy, it truly feels like an Italian little bistro. Great spot to grab a small bite and glass of wine.
MK: This is a pretty tough one, I'd say head out of the park and over to grand floridian. But to get there take one of the smaller boards as opposed to monorail. Watching the fireworks from GF after watching their band near Mizner's.

Thank you for the ideas!! She's really excited about Pandora because she's heard so many amazing things about it. I think strolling at night, if it's as good as you and everyone says it is, is going to be a nice romantic moment for sure. YES TO WINE!! Both of us love a good glass of wine and a snack, so will be doing this for sure! I am definitely keeping the band near Mizner's at GF as an option, as a good live band is always a winner in my book. Thank you!!!

In addition to strolling around WS in the evening, one of my favorite things to do is to head back to France at RD to have breakfast at Les Halles. Everyone else will be headed left to FEA, so you'll have the right side of WS to yourself and be able to take leisurely stroll, stopping for some awesome people-less photos. And then you get french pastries for breakfast!

Thank you for the delicious idea! I think she would love some scrumptious French pastries no doubt!!

Some of our favorites from various trips:

1. California Grill- We had an amazing dinner here once, but what was really nice was sitting in the lounge and snacking. We had a table up against the window. Required no reservation and we were able to just sit and talk. We did get there around opening so that helped with snagging a prime seat. Also, the brunch is one of the best things we've done there. We've agreed it is now a must do every time we go.

2. Victoria and Alberts- $$$$ but worth the experience if you can swing it. It was where we ate the before we got engaged, and then when we flew for our honeymoon the day after our wedding, we made sure it was the first meal.

3. Nomad Lounge in AK- super serene, good drinks and food. AK is surprisingly romantic if you know where to go. Grab a seat outside away from the hustle and bustle.

4. Grand Floridian Lobby- Take the boat from the MK because it is a lovely ride and walk the grounds. Grab a drink and just sit in the lobby and listen to the piano player or orchestra depending on the time. People find the hotel stuffy, but I think sitting with your loved one, serenaded by live music, in an opulent setting is very romantic.

5. Fireworks in MK are out of this world. Stake out a spot and enjoy. Or splurge and do the dessert party so you get a seat on the grassy area.

6. The Boardwalk is lovely at night. Grab some ice cream from Ample Hills and sit and people watch. Time it right and you can see fireworks from HS and Epcot.

7. Dinner at Jiko- just trust me.

Enjoy!

Oh my goodness thank you so much for all the wonderful ideas!! We do have a reservation at California Grill for the last Friday evening we're there for dinner, so I'm hoping that it's as good as we've heard (and she already is hoping for a window seat haha)! I do want to take her to the GF lobby because of the live music, as I feel that would be super nice and a good little romantic getaway. I don't think we'd think it's stuffy, just super classy! MK fireworks are 100% a must and we're excited to see them--any ideas on prime time viewing spots?

Also we've talked about the Boardwalk, which is something we're considering doing on our resort hop day on the last Friday! It looks like a nice place to have small, fun couple moments. And I do want to go to Jiko--whether we will or not is up in the air! Thanks again!!

Oh my goodness thank you so much for all the wonderful ideas!! We do have a reservation at California Grill for the last Friday evening we're there for dinner, so I'm hoping that it's as good as we've heard (and she already is hoping for a window seat haha)! I do want to take her to the GF lobby because of the live music, as I feel that would be super nice and a good little romantic getaway. I don't think we'd think it's stuffy, just super classy! MK fireworks are 100% a must and we're excited to see them--any ideas on prime time viewing spots?

Also we've talked about the Boardwalk, which is something we're considering doing on our resort hop day on the last Friday! It looks like a nice place to have small, fun couple moments. And I do want to go to Jiko--whether we will or not is up in the air! Thanks again!!

In terms of the fireworks, it is very hard to get a spot without staking out early. We once stumbled into the crowd right before starting and were herded into the center of the Hub. That was the best view. Last time we stood off to the side, the left if you are facing the castle, by the popcorn cart and that was a solid view too. The dessert party guarantees you a viewing area that isn't a mob scene which is the benefit. For the first time seeing HEA I'd aim to face the castle, but be prepared for the scariness for once it's over- you are mushed in.

Boardwalk is also good too when you exit out of EPCOT from International Gateway. We've left, strolled the Boardwalk and then returned into the park to head back to the hotel. It can be a nice respite- OH and Jellyrolls, while not romantic, is a ton of fun. Dueling pianos!

Getting engaged? Thats something romantic in every park. Do a scavenger hunt where she has to answer clues that lead her to each park and you propose on her favorite ride (maybe with a ride photo going off to capture it).

Question for you: can you pick a necklace/chain/jewelry to set the pearl in at the parks in Epcot?
Yes! We've purchased pearl cages on both visits. It is much less expensive to bring her own chain, though. They seemed to be out of several chains last time we went, so we were glad to have brought our own. Plus, one kid likes a box chain and the other a rope. And of course, they liked different lengths.
She's really excited about Pandora because she's heard so many amazing things about it. I think strolling at night, if it's as good as you and everyone says it is, is going to be a nice romantic moment for sure.
A thousand times, YES!!! We went back x3 just to walk through it at night on the last visit.

One of the places my DH and I loved and seemed to be the least crowded was the wooden walkway at MK that is next to Tom Sawyer's entry. There are lanterns. The sun sets over Big Thunder. It always seemed less crowded and we could sit and catch our breath. You'll have to let us know if WDW gets you in the mood to pop the question!

If you are staying in a Disney resort you can do an in room celebration. I surprised my wife with one for our anniversary last year.
Very well done by the staff. Rose petal heart on the bed, matching towels, a dozen roses (with a hidden Mickey!), gift basket etc.
My wife still talks about it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!