• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room 1424 at VGF

GranJan

Mouseketeer
We're booked in a standard view HA dedicated 2 BR at VGF. Sounds like that would be 1424...seems to be the only room that fits that description. I'm desperately trying to find out more info about that room...even MS couldn't clear things up, even after calling the resort. In another post I was given a link to some pictures but it wasn't clear if they were of the master bath or 2nd bath. Has anyone stayed in that room who could answer some questions for me? It would be much appreciated!

We're booked in a standard view HA dedicated 2 BR at VGF. Sounds like that would be 1424...seems to be the only room that fits that description. I'm desperately trying to find out more info about that room...even MS couldn't clear things up, even after calling the resort. In another post I was given a link to some pictures but it wasn't clear if they were of the master bath or 2nd bath. Has anyone stayed in that room who could answer some questions for me? It would be much appreciated!

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=50174628&postcount=68

You may want to private message BCV23.

Thanks! Hadn't thought of that. Those are the pictures I've seen but that doesn't look like the master bath. It would work perfectly though. I hope it is the master bath. Can't find any other pictures of HA 1 or 2 BR at VGF. Those I've seen of other resorts show the whirlpool tub with grab bars in the master bath. There's no way I could get in & out of that whirlpool tub, even with grab bars. I need the regular tub like the one in the photo. I'll try to PM BCV23. I appreciate your help:)

Thanks! Hadn't thought of that. Those are the pictures I've seen but that doesn't look like the master bath. It would work perfectly though. I hope it is the master bath. Can't find any other pictures of HA 1 or 2 BR at VGF. Those I've seen of other resorts show the whirlpool tub with grab bars in the master bath. There's no way I could get in & out of that whirlpool tub, even with grab bars. I need the regular tub like the one in the photo. I'll try to PM BCV23. I appreciate your help:)

I have a feeling that is the second bath. I had a handicapped 1 bedroom at Jambo once and the master bath did not have a tub, just the roll-in shower with grab bars & seat.

I have a feeling that is the second bath. I had a handicapped 1 bedroom at Jambo once and the master bath did not have a tub, just the walk-in shower with grab bars & seat.

Not only does it look like the second bath...it doesn't look accessible...no grab bars or hand held shower. That's why those pictures confused me. The room I booked doesn't say it has a roll-in shower. It says it's a handicapped accessible with tub so I'm assuming the master bath has a tub. I just hope it's a tub/shower combo & not a whirlpool.

Since VGF 2 bedrooms have a tub and a walkin shower in the master bathroom, I don't know why a HA would have a combo.

Since VGF 2 bedrooms have a tub and a walkin shower in the master bathroom, I don't know why a HA would have a combo.

Because it's considered to be HA. If it has a regular shower & a whirlpool tub, that wouldn't work for someone who's not able to safely get in & out of any kind of shower or climb into that tub. I don't think I'll know what's in that master bath until we get there. I'll just assume I'll need to use the 2nd bath, which won't be as convenient for the rest of our group. That way I'll have the combo tub & will rent a shower bench & hope the 2nd bath has a hand held sprayer. I'm not going to stress over this anymore. Thanks for taking the time to help. I tried posting this question on the Disability Board but I guess no one there stays in DVC villas.

Because it's considered to be HA. If it has a regular shower & a whirlpool tub, that wouldn't work for someone who's not able to safely get in & out of any kind of shower or climb into that tub. I don't think I'll know what's in that master bath until we get there. I'll just assume I'll need to use the 2nd bath, which won't be as convenient for the rest of our group. That way I'll have the combo tub & will rent a shower bench & hope the 2nd bath has a hand held sprayer. I'm not going to stress over this anymore. Thanks for taking the time to help. I tried posting this question on the Disability Board but I guess no one there stays in DVC villas.

Housekeeping will bring you a shower bench upon your request no need to rent it. At least they brought one at BWV so I assume GFV would be the same.

Housekeeping will bring you a shower bench upon your request no need to rent it. At least they brought one at BWV so I assume GFV would be the same.

I've had them bring one several times before too but sometimes they're pretty wobbly. They used to work OK back when I could still climb in the tub & stand for awhile but just needed something to sit on when my legs gave out...not anymore. The one I have at home is longer & more stable...1/2 of it sits in the tub & 1/2 sits out, so you can just sit down & swing your legs over. I don't think the resorts provide those.

I corrected my earlier post. The Jambo handicapped 1 bedroom had a roll-in shower with a curtain, not walk-in. Since 1424 is the only HA dedicated 2 bedroom at VGF, I don't see how it could not have the roll-in shower. I would think that would be an ADA requirement.

In the Allears photos they have a photo of a regular tub with a handrail on the back wall. The photo is not labeled as to which type of room the tub was in.

villas-grand-floridian-grand-villa-7.JPG

I would call the resort directly (407) 824-3000 and ask them which handicapped rooms have a tub and which have a roll in shower.

The room we booked is described as: HA with tub. It also says it will have grab bars at the toilet & tub. When choosing the types of HA rooms, some specifically say they have roll-in showers, so if it doesn't say it does, I assume it doesn't. The only HA room I've ever stayed in was a studio with roll-in shower. With those you really need to have something to actually roll in them to be safe. Someone who uses a walker is at risk of falling trying to get in & out. I much prefer the combo tub with a bench. It's just crazy that even when MS called the resort they couldn't tell me what type of tub the master bath will have...just that it will have grab bars. I did hear back from BCV23 that posted pictures of that room & she thinks that bathroom with the combo tub is the master...hope so. Thank you so much for your help. :)

In the Allears photos they have a photo of a regular tub with a handrail on the back wall. The photo is not labeled as to which type of room the tub was in.

villas-grand-floridian-grand-villa-7.JPG

I would call the resort directly (407) 824-3000 and ask them which handicapped rooms have a tub and which have a roll in shower.

DenLo, that is exactly what I hope is in the master bath. I think I will try to call the resort myself instead of trying to let MS relay my questions. I don't think she really understood what I wanted to know...she kept mentioning a lock-off even when I told her it was a dedicated 2 BR. Thanks for the phone #:):):)

Well, I got the info I needed, thanks to BCV23 who's stayed in that room. The master bath will have exactly what I need. Now I can stop stressing & look forward to our trip!:) Thanks to everyone for being so helpful!

I'm glad BCV23 could answer your questions. If you could, I'd appreciate if you would take photos of the accommodations and post them to the VGF Map and Room thread. Future VGF guests will probably find such photos quite useful.

I'm glad BCV23 could answer your questions. If you could, I'd appreciate if you would take photos of the accommodations and post them to the VGF Map and Room thread. Future VGF guests will probably find such photos quite useful.

I'll definitely take pictures. It really helps to know exactly what you'll be dealing with before you travel. Especially when simple things like showering become a struggle without the right accommodations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter