Room checkout on a half marathon Sunday

Marc A.

DIS Veteran
Good afternoon,

I will be running my second Disney run in April for the Star Wars 10k and half and will need to fly out Sunday night. I am not a professional runner by no means and this will be my first half.
I am worried about room checkout and dealing with that whole dilemma on Sunday after a run/walk race.
How do you handle that....

Thanks

I’ve done it twice, and while not ideal, it’s able to be done. What is your anticipated finish time for the half and will you have a proof of time to move you up so you won’t be in the last corral? The times I’ve done it, I started middle of the pack and finished the half marathon in about 2:40. This got me back to my room around 9:30, so plenty of time to shower and finish getting packed up before the 11:00 checkout time. I just made sure to have most of my stuff packed the night before the race so I had less to do afterwards.

Thank you Claire. I finished my first Disney 10k in January with about a 13:30 mile pace...no real training, a little out of shape.
Don’t know where that will leave me for a half?

If the estimated corral placement that DopeyBadger came up with for Marathon Weekend hold true for Star Wars you can guesstimate your start corral and finish time using his nifty chart in this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/pot-proof-of-time-race-equivalency-cutoff-confirmed-times.3699036/. Obviously only you know how many phots you might stop for.

This past January I started near the front of the last corral at 6:30, finished at 9:30, was back at the resort by 10:30 and was checked out by 11. There are only so many late check out slots available so ask when you check in. If the answe4 is ‘no’, as *DisneyDreamer said, make sure all your non race stuff is packed the night before. Also make sure what you need for Sunday is laid out and ready to go. This way you can simply shower, toss your running clothing into a bag and get to check out.

Ask for a late check-out to get another 2 hours.

Not always given, and the one time we got it (at AOA) it was only an hour.

Have everything not needed for the race or the rest of that day packed up. Be prepared. Dont dawdle at the finish. Get back, get to your room, get ready. Stash bags with Bell Services (or send checked bags with RAC if you qualify) and go about your day.

Not always given, and the one time we got it (at AOA) it was only an hour.
I have always asked at check-in and have never had a problem and have always asked for 2 hours. I have done this at least 15 times without a problem at many different WDW resorts.

YMMV - maybe I have just been lucky?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter