Room not ready by 4?

kyleandconnorsmom

Mouseketeer
We will be arriving on property in a couple of hours. We are doing a split stay, 2 nights at POR through an agency and 6 nights at Poly through DVC rental. I did online check-in, as I did in the past. However, it is now 10 minutes after 4pm and I have yet to receive a text with our room number. Is there anyone I can call that would actually be able to help me with this? Has anyone else had a delayed check-in at POR?

We will be arriving on property in a couple of hours. We are doing a split stay, 2 nights at POR through an agency and 6 nights at Poly through DVC rental. I did online check-in, as I did in the past. However, it is now 10 minutes after 4pm and I have yet to receive a text with our room number. Is there anyone I can call that would actually be able to help me with this? Has anyone else had a delayed check-in at POR?

In case you are one of the lucky ones that doesn't get a text, you can always try looking on the app or MDE - it may show up on there. It's a relatively new feature.

Not everyone receives a text...a good portion of the time you still need to go to the desk.
This...we rarely do.
Also, I wonder if they can track MB to know how far away you are from resort. One time DH arrived 30 minutes sooner than I did. I was the lead on the resie. Our room ready notice came as soon as I pulled into property. Another time we got notice on ME as we were coming into property.

I was at POR in May. I did not get the text until I was in the room for over 2 hours. We went to the front desk at 3. And due to they overbooking, it took an hour before we had the room we paid for.

Ok. Thanks! I've done it the past two years as gotten a text. I thought that was kind of the point of doing the online Check-in.

I wish it was seamless like that. It has always worked like that for me at Pop. The one place I never got a text? And I had to wait till 5ish for a room? POR.

I would just swing by the front desk when you arrive (if no text) and I am sure you will be on your way in short order :) Have a great trip!

I've been trying to look on there, but it won't load.
Our last trip my room wasn't ready so we went off to Epcot and after 4pm and no room ready text we started checking MDE app on phone. Could see where room number was supposed to be listed but it wasn't there, was blank. I called and they told me room number over phone.

This...we rarely do.
Also, I wonder if they can track MB to know how far away you are from resort. One time DH arrived 30 minutes sooner than I did. I was the lead on the resie. Our room ready notice came as soon as I pulled into property. Another time we got notice on ME as we were coming into property.
Hmmm...that's an interesting thought. I guess it's fine if I have to go by the desk. I was just concerned it may have meant something was wrong with my reservation.

I've gotten notice in the morning when I'm 8 hours away, with varieties of time frames, all the way to no notice at all. Last onsite trip I actually received my text and email our last night there (good thing I was in the right room) ............ so there is no consistency yet.

I do online check in, but I always go to the front desk on arrival to check-in in person anyway. On our last trip our room at AKV wound up being ready by 11AM (a half hour after we arrived) and I don't know that we would have necessarily gotten that one if I didn't go to the desk. Once the front desk knows you are there, they can actually assign you a room...otherwise, you're kind of just waiting for the system to do it, and who knows what the logic and rules are for automatically assigning rooms to users who don't go to the desk.

I do online check in, but I always go to the front desk on arrival to check-in in person anyway. On our last trip our room at AKV wound up being ready by 11AM (a half hour after we arrived) and I don't know that we would have necessarily gotten that one if I didn't go to the desk. Once the front desk knows you are there, they can actually assign you a room...otherwise, you're kind of just waiting for the system to do it, and who knows what the logic and rules are for automatically assigning rooms to users who don't go to the desk.

Actually all rooms are assigned 2-3 days out.

I've been to Disney twice since the room ready texting started. The first time, I got a text while we were in the air (saw it upon landing). On our most recent trip, our room wasn't ready until a little after 4:30, so we didn't receive a text as we arrived at the resort before the room was ready.

We were at POR last month and did not receive the room ready text until after we had checked in at the desk (around 4pm). Our room was ready when we got there, so I don't know why we didn't get the text.

POR is the only resort where we have not gotten the room ready text (since that feature started), so it was a bit annoying since the check in line was sooo slow. A number of people behind me were also griping that they did online check in and never got a text.

Not sure if it's a POR thing, or just bad luck that day.

We were at POR last month and did not receive the room ready text until after we had checked in at the desk (around 4pm). Our room was ready when we got there, so I don't know why we didn't get the text
POR is the only resort where we have not gotten the room ready text (since that feature started), so it was a bit annoying since the check in line was sooo slow. A number of people behind me were also griping that they did online check in and never got a text.

Not sure if it's a POR thing, or just bad luck that day.

Well, it's now 6pm and still, no text. It worked perfectly last summer for both mine and my brother's rooms at POR...and the year before at AKL. Oh well, I will find out soon enough!

I've gone numerous times since Disney has added the text message room number feature. The one and only time it worked was our November stay at Kidani Village. We got the message right after we entered the Magical Express line. I was shocked, because it was 9:30 AM!

It is so unacceptable to get in your room so late. This has happened to me too and I’ve been told that the room was ready but not inspected. What nonsense. I shouldn’t have to pay a full rate and not get in. I’m hear now and furious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts