Room only reservation questions

Alison S

Mouseketeer
Since the deposit is one night's rate, what happens if I change my reservation and the rate goes down? Do I just pay less when I settle the entire bill? What happens if the rate goes up- will it charge me extra at that point, or will it get added to on the bill at the end? Can I cancel online or do I need to call in?

Since the deposit is one night's rate, what happens if I change my reservation and the rate goes down? Do I just pay less when I settle the entire bill? What happens if the rate goes up- will it charge me extra at that point, or will it get added to on the bill at the end? Can I cancel online or do I need to call in?
When you make your deposit, you're locking in at that rate. The only way that the rate will go up or down would be if you modify the reservation.

Most cancellations can be done online. Every once in a while, the system hiccups and you need to call.

When you make your deposit, you're locking in at that rate. The only way that the rate will go up or down would be if you modify the reservation.

Most cancellations can be done online. Every once in a while, the system hiccups and you need to call.

Sorry, I meant if I were to modify the reservation (to change hotel or dates)

Depends.
If you book under a promo and the promo is still valid for the new dates and the room is still available for those dates and that promo, then your new reservation is still under that promo.
But basically, yes, the new amounts are figured when you pay the final bill. The new 1 night deposit is adjusted as needed, up or down. There isn't a credit refunded if it goes down, you just have a credit on the account but if the new room is more, you'll have to pay more of a deposit.
If you'll go online now, and play around with new reservations (using the change reservation option) you'll see the new rates and what happens.
It's really not at all complicated and will likely make complete sense when you see it all for yourself.

If you completely change your resort, and the new nightly rate is higher, you will be required to pay additional deposit. For example: initially book at POP rack rate, then receive a bonus at work and decide to change to a promotion at GF.

If you change from rack rate to a promotion, and the new rate is lower, the deposit carries forward and your final amount due at check-in is adjusted accordingly.

Just be aware that promotions are never automatically applied to existing reservations. You must call and the reservation will only be changed if a new booking is available under the promotion.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter