Room Only?

CarolA

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Is it possible to book a room only at the Disney hotels? I have a friend going and she wants to spend 1 day at the park, her last night at hotel at Disney and take the bus to the airport the next morning. When we went to the DLP website it only shows packages as does everything else I read. However a two day ticket is pretty useless with an 11 am flight home to America.

Hi Carol, I have heard that whilst the dedicated booking line is reluctant to book room only, you would have more luck calling or faxing the hotels direct. I heard this a couple of years ago so don't know if it still holds true.
Does your friend have access to a fax machine? I'll get the numbers for her if she wants to try this. I'll try to get the tel. numbers too but that might be an expensive call!!

I wonder if disney_freek can confirm how the UK Booking Office handles requests for room-only bookings. There will be a certain number of people who have tickets from previous visits or the like who require just accommodation. As an annual passholder I always make room-only bookings, so their reservation system is capable of doing this. But as Shirley said, most bookings seem to be for room & tickets so perhaps most agents only do this?

Regards

Rob

Hi All,

Basically... the Hotels give us an allocation of rooms that should be sold as a package (min of 2ns!) However if these are not selling to well then the room only aspect can be opened this usually happens about a month or so before departure date. As far as i can remember i think that June is pretty much open for Room Only (dont quote me on that!)

I know that it sounds like a bit of an absurb procedure, and trust me i dont understand it either.. but i think basically disney makes very little profit from a room only or something like that!!! :Pinkbounc

Anyway hope thats of some use!

Hi Disney_Freek :

Did you check the 'Pay for one hotel and upgrade to the next' offer?

Thanks.

Richard. :)

Well, we can't quite decide what to do.

So here is the current plan. Do nothing! My friend will go to Paris and she has reservations for all but the last night. If she decides to go to DLP, she will find a Travel Agent in Paris and see if they can communicate this and get a room.

Option 2 is to go to DLP and take the train or bus back to CDG that night. Does anyone know if DLP has lockers big enough to store a 22" roll aboard suitcase?

The lockers inside the park were closed a number of years ago due to security concerns, and have not been re-opened. There are a couple of facilities to store luggage, which will be able to store any size suitcase. The Disney facility is at the entrance to Disneyland, on the right hand side of the turnstyles just before you enter the park. There is also a Disney "Luggage Express" facility at the train station, although I don't know if non-hotel residents can use this. There will be a small fee for using either of these places.

Regards

Rob

There is indeed a Baggage room in the Marne-la-vallee station not the disney express desk but on the left hand side as u enter the station by the doors nearest the DLH, It will cost about 5euros to leave one bag.. and it is a very secure site.. u even have to walk thru airport style scanners!!! :jester:

Did you check the 'Pay for one hotel and upgrade to the next' offer?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah i did check it.. i was slightly wrong! :mad: the upgrade offers are as follows

Cheyenne - Davy Crockett Ranch
Cheyenne - Sequoia
Sequoia - Newport Bay
Newport Bay - New york

But not New York to Disneyland! Sorry for getting your hopes up!!! :D

But its still a good offer for the other hotels! :Pinkbounc

Thanks for your help! It looks like baggage storage is the way to go.

(Actually while this might be bad to say on this board, I am trying to discourage this outing. My friend only has 5 days in Paris and I think that perhaps something more "french" might be better!. I have done DLP and loved it, but I had been to Paris 3 times before I made the roadtrip!)

Another alternative would be to stay at one of the nearby hotels on a room-only basis. The Elysee Hotel at Val D'Europe is only 5 mins away on the RER and is a nice property, while the smart Hotel Moulin de Paris is on the other side of the resort and has its own bus service.

You can call DLP reservations directly to book a room only. I did this back in Oct. for our trip in Feb. I will look for the phone number from the states and edit my reply when I find the number.

Thanks everyone for your help.

We did find a budget hotel the Kyriad near Disney for about 80 Euros which might actually be the way to go considering the amount of time in the room.

Also, in doing some research it looks like the high speed train may be the way to go back to the airport. It appears to leave the Disney station at 7:29 and arrive at CDG at 7:43. I can't find out how much it is, but the first VEA leaves at 7:30 and probably takes much longer. Considering Delta wants you there 120 minutes prior to the 10:30 departure this may be an issue.

At that time of the morning (i.e. peak period) the TGV fare is likely to be about 19 euros.

Thanks for the info.

By the way, do you know if your guide to DLP can be bought in any english language bookstores in Paris? I looked on Amazon, but on the US version I could not get it in time.

I found the number to call for a room only reservation. From the US it is: 011 331 60 305 305
You may want to call and check the rate difference for staying on property.
When I was making my reservations from home, the reservations agent called me back so I wouldn't have to pay an expensive phone bill. I was very grateful for that, even though I do use a special access code to call overseas and it only costs about 10¢ a minute to call France. I do know that call to the UK are 5.9¢ a minute. PM me if you want more info on this service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter