Room rate increases for 2020? What are you seeing?

Farro

Argh.
We were lucky enough to have booked our room only for next May back in February.

I compared the same dates/room category (Yacht Club) for today and it's over $300 more for the stay.

How big of increases are you guys seeing?

Some of the rates are outrageous.

I'm thinking Epcot Resorts and Gondola Resorts are the ones seeing the biggest increases.

I hate Galaxy's Edge. :p

For real though, I think Disney has way overblown the massive amounts of people that will come for years to Galaxy's Edge. Yes, the first year will see a bump and the ride lines will always be long, but I don't think it's game changer for years to come.

And if they do away with discounts altogether, I don't know how long they expect their good times to last!

I booked a room only back in may for AKL pool view king and not only is it not a bookable category online today but the pool view room (either 2 queens or king) is 200 more today then when I booked. I'm slightly concerned because it wont let me modify my reservation, which makes me feel like applying a discount later if one appears will be a massive headache...

I'm thinking Epcot Resorts and Gondola Resorts are the ones seeing the biggest increases.

I hate Galaxy's Edge. :p

For real though, I think Disney has way overblown the massive amounts of people that will come for years to Galaxy's Edge. Yes, the first year will see a bump and the ride lines will always be long, but I don't think it's game changer for years to come.

And if they do away with discounts altogether, I don't know how long they expect their good times to last!

I join you in the hatred. It's kind of a double edged sword. There are a lot of Star Wars fans that don't care a bit about Disney so they will be coming just to go to SWGE. So that is a bunch of new people being added to the mix.

But then there's people like me--never seen a Star Wars film in my life, don't care one bit, husband who is lukewarm on it and two daughters who don't care about it either, so I just see this SWGE as an annoyance. I was glad they were opening in August 2019 instead of December since my dates are in February....

Just checked a vacation package like the one DH and I booked for September 2019 except for early August 2020 and the addition of my granddaughter. It would be double the price over our 2019 vacation. Too much for us!

I'm also surprised that it's still cheaper to go in October than early May!

I'm sure fall is much more crowded than first two weeks of May....

We normally stay at POP but for next year we are switching to Music. For 2019 it was around a $200 difference between the resorts for our trip. For 2020 it is almost a $500 difference. We just need a clean place to sleep and would rather spend that money on extras like dessert parties and such.

I know this is wishful thinking, but maybe this means we’ll see some discounts for next year.

We are planning a 12-night trip for next summer and I didn’t book today because we usually book with a travel agency that gives agency exclusive rates and those aren’t out yet. I did go to the Disney site and put in our potential dates, and there is definitely a price increase at our favorite resorts - YC/BC and Poly - but the increase is kind of in line with what I thought it would be. If we can’t afford a deluxe for our entire stay, we’ll look at splitting our stay between a moderate and deluxe or we’ll look into renting DVC.

I priced out the resort stay we are interested in for May and this includes 2 rooms and it was over $17,000. This doesn't include tickets or dining. Will have to plan something different with the resorts if there aren't any discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts