• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room reports

mom2rb

DIS Veteran
OK, so thanks to Rita or 12 day dream trip turned into a 16 day mostly dream trip with a few rough patches. So on to the room reports.
First up, BWV. We arrived at the airport at 10:40 a.m. on 9/11. We used DME and we were in our room by 12:00. We had a Boardwalk view, room 2049. It was a handicap accessible room. We had a wonderful view. The jugglers were right below us. We could see fireworks from MK over BC/YC and we could see part of Illuminations. We only had one problem with the handicap room, but it was a big one. We put our kids in the shower one morning while we were getting ready. They were playing so we left them in there for a while. Well because there is no edge or shower door, the water was running out of the shower into the bathroom. It ended up in both parts of the bathroom. It took about 30 minutes to clean up.
After 4 nights we switched over to OKW. We were in a 2 bedroom, room 2323, for 8 nights. It was great. We could walk easily to the hospitality house. We had a view of a large pond and the golf course. We had 8 people in the room and it was plenty big. We had family in the 2 bedroom next door. We would fill the place up at night to play cards with the whole family. We also all loved sitting on the balcony in the morning, drinking coffee, before starting our day.
OK, onto the bad. We were supposed to go home on Friday, 9/23. Because of Rita, that was impossible. We were out of points because I had rented 2006's to pay to bring the whole family this time. The room we were in would have been $412 a night after tax. We didn't even know how long we would have to stay. So we had to move to All Star Sports. They had a hurricane rate, but the AP rate was cheaper. We were in room 5238. We hated it. We our officially DVC snobs. My DH said he would not go back there again if you paid him. We ended up there for 3 long nights. I know why people say they only use the room to sleep and shower. When I am at DVC I love to just hang out in the room or on the balcony. The last 3 days I couldn't wait to get out of there and into a park.
Over all a great trip. We have now tried 3 of the onsite DVC's. Only VWL and BCV left.

Great reports, and sorry you had to "slum it" at the end. :teeth: (for those who would flame, that was a "joke, joke, joke,")

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter