Room request for a 1BR at BRV?

bariww

Mouseketeer
Help! We arrive in 6 days and I need to put in my room request. This is our first time at BRV and I there aren’t many reviewed rooms on Touring Plans.

The room views on Touring Plans are before the construction and are not very accurate on the lake side now. Tell me what you like, lake view, pool view or woods view. I haven’t stayed on the lake side since the new construction but have stayed on the woods side on the first floor so that we can relax outside with plenty of lawn space as opposed to the balcony. Depending on your preference, I can then make a recommendation.

Help! We arrive in 6 days and I need to put in my room request. This is our first time at BRV and I there aren’t many reviewed rooms on Touring Plans.
1) Lake side gives you views of the new pool, Geyser Point, and the Copper Creek cabins. Moreover, EWP is easily viewable, too.
2) Bus side gives you views of woods, and that's pretty much it, although that's not a bad thing.

Once you decide which side you want to be on, then the choice becomes either a high/low floor or close to elevator--you can't typically ask for all three. I'd say go for a high floor since your views will be better, especially on the lake side. If you prefer to sit out on a patio vice a balcony, then ask for ground floor room. I wouldn't bother with being close to the elevators since the hallways at VWL (which I will always say instead of BRV) aren't particularly long.

Last edited:
The room views on Touring Plans are before the construction and are not very accurate on the lake side now. Tell me what you like, lake view, pool view or woods view. I haven’t stayed on the lake side since the new construction but have stayed on the woods side on the first floor so that we can relax outside with plenty of lawn space as opposed to the balcony. Depending on your preference, I can then make a recommendation.
I think we’d prefer lake views if we can get a good one!

I think we’d prefer lake views if we can get a good one!
For good views of the lake, then, ask for higher floor on the lake side. The rooms on that side of the building are odd-numbered, fyi; in case you do online check in, you'll know if you've gotten lake side. The very top floor (5th) has dormer balconies--i.e., they're waist-high walls--so sitting on the balcony and looking out is difficult unless you're very tall. On the other hand, those rooms have vaulted ceilings which make them seem bigger. Regardless, if you get something on floors 3, 4, or 5, I think you'll be happy.

For good views of the lake, then, ask for higher floor on the lake side. The rooms on that side of the building are odd-numbered, fyi; in case you do online check in, you'll know if you've gotten lake side. The very top floor (5th) has dormer balconies--i.e., they're waist-high walls--so sitting on the balcony and looking out is difficult unless you're very tall. On the other hand, those rooms have vaulted ceilings which make them seem bigger. Regardless, if you get something on floors 3, 4, or 5, I think you'll be happy.
Thank you!

Not the OP, but I'm curious about this. So how many requests can you make? Would you be able to request 2nd, 3rd, or 4th floor odd-numbered room?

Not the OP, but I'm curious about this. So how many requests can you make? Would you be able to request 2nd, 3rd, or 4th floor odd-numbered room?
Not online. You're limited to general requests such as high floor and which side of the building to be on (or close to the elevators). If you call to speak with a CM, they might be able to help you though they generally steer you to what I just said. You can always make a specific room request, but that is an option with one big drawback (as it is with every resort). If you request a specific room, and that room isn't available, then they have no other criteria to go on so they'll pretty much place you anywhere. As with all requests, however, it all depends on what they have available. In our 10+ years of staying at VWL, we've gotten our requests a little more than half the time. Heck, we got married at the Lodge and had our wedding dinner at Artist Point, and we told them that a few times before arriving. We wanted a high floor overlooking the old Hidden Springs pool. We wound up in a second floor room (not high) and 2/3 of the way down the building, thus nowhere near the pool. In the end, it's all pretty much a crap shoot. ;)

Not online. You're limited to general requests such as high floor and which side of the building to be on (or close to the elevators). If you call to speak with a CM, they might be able to help you though they generally steer you to what I just said. You can always make a specific room request, but that is an option with one big drawback (as it is with every resort). If you request a specific room, and that room isn't available, then they have no other criteria to go on so they'll pretty much place you anywhere. As with all requests, however, it all depends on what they have available. In our 10+ years of staying at VWL, we've gotten our requests a little more than half the time. Heck, we got married at the Lodge and had our wedding dinner at Artist Point, and we told them that a few times before arriving. We wanted a high floor overlooking the old Hidden Springs pool. We wound up in a second floor room (not high) and 2/3 of the way down the building, thus nowhere near the pool. In the end, it's all pretty much a crap shoot. ;)
I was referring to putting a request in with Member Services. I totally understand that it's a request, not a guarantee. I always put in a request months before the trip by calling MS. Would 2nd, 3rd, or 4th floor odd-numbered room be acceptable through MS?

I was referring to putting a request in with Member Services. I totally understand that it's a request, not a guarantee. I always put in a request months before the trip by calling MS. Would 2nd, 3rd, or 4th floor odd-numbered room be acceptable through MS?

Most CM's will type that request into the notes. Notes either aren't always seen or don't always transfer over to the resort but that is the best that can be done.

As KAT says, most CMs will type in a request such as yours. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter