Room request help

Meka003

Mouseketeer
we are booked standard room at AKL-Jambo house in August.

Hoping to get a partial savanah room or at least not one of the parking lot.

Would you do online check in or use the TP fax system ? If I go ahead and use online check in , can I still use the fax from TP or is that confusing and overkill ?
Thanks for all your help.

3 years ago at the Poly we got the exact opposite of what we requested online and ended up with a view of the construction.

Has anyone arrived and hated their room and ask to change ? I’m awful at speaking up about stuff like this.

TIA

Would you do online check in or use the TP fax system ? If I go ahead and use online check in , can I still use the fax from TP or is that confusing and overkill ?

3 years ago at the Poly we got the exact opposite of what we requested online and ended up with a view of the construction.

Has anyone arrived and hated their room and ask to change ? I’m awful at speaking up about stuff like this.

TIA
The best way is to call in your request. The choices on online check in are very limited and not what you are looking at. I leave them blank. I have had no luck with TP room requests and if they conflict the room assigner will not know what you want.
You booked Standard View. Parking lots are the majority of those rooms. I find complaining that I got what I am paying for to be overkill.

With online check-in at AKL, you can only select basic room requests like "upper floor" or "close to transportation." When we went, we did online check in but also stopped at the front desk and asked if there was any possibility that any of the standard view rooms have a partial savanna view. She was able to switch us from a room overlooking the parking lot to a room with a full savanna view.

We had also just gotten engaged and were celebrating however, so we may have received some pixie dust because of that.

I wouldn’t complain for getting what I paid for , I was under the impression that there are many partial views that are considered standard. If that’s an option , it would be great. I wouldn’t be asking for a full upgrade for free. Asking and complaining are two different things. Asking if there is something else available and accepting the answer is different than complaining. We are very customer friendly family ourselves...

We are in Disney and we will be having a great time regardless.

With online check-in at AKL, you can only select basic room requests like "upper floor" or "close to transportation." When we went, we did online check in but also stopped at the front desk and asked if there was any possibility that any of the standard view rooms have a partial savanna view. She was able to switch us from a room overlooking the parking lot to a room with a full savanna view.

We had also just gotten engaged and were celebrating however, so we may have received some pixie dust because of that.

Perfect :) Thank for your experience. Never hurts to ask.

We did a very last minute trip to AKL this part march, we booked two days before our arrival (we paid rack rate, it was painful), but we booked a standard room at Jambo and did request online check in. We were in MK when our room was finally ready and assigned to us, it was around 1:30pm or so and I saw that it said Savanna view- I about lost it. I never thought we would get upgraded since there were no savanna view rooms even available when we booked. I did not request a savanna view room nor did I even think it would remotely occur. I think it was just luck of the draw and it was a welcomed surprise. It can't hurt to put in your request, worst case scenario they don't honor it.

Not at Disney but we've stayed elsewhere and have asked to move for a variety of reasons, we've never had any bad locations/room at a disney resort but if you check in and there's a major issue, I wouldn't hesitate to go to the front desk and speak up. If you don't, how are they to know you don't like the room? They may not even realize when they assign you that it's a crap view/construction/noise, etc.

When I have made my room requests, I have done when I made my reservations and it would appear on my confirmation information. I never called or faxed to verify since it was already on the confirmation. If you don't see it on the confirmation, then I would call and double check. As for faxing, I have been told by multiple cast members (especially CM's in charge of room assignments) saying the faxing requests is no longer required since the information is on the confirmation. I know some people still fax but I never have and don't think it is needed.

Bears repeating: requests are never, ever, ever guaranteed. Go with the expectation you will get exactly the room type reserved. Be pleasantly surprised if any requests are met, even when it requires changing rooms after one of more nights.

We just got back from a 6-3 to 6-13 trip and I booked standard view because at these prices I refuse to pay even more. I used traveling plans and did request a partial savanna view. They gave me room 4343 which is directly over one of the people pens and still gave us spectacular views of the savanna.

Hi all. I have a (hopefully) related question - I'm new around here and still figuring out what the best threads are to post my questions! We are staying at the Contemporary Club Level (Atrium) Aug 18-22. We have two rooms, and we realllllllllly want them to be connecting so that we can put the kids to sleep earlier in one and hang out with the four adults in the other. We've been told multiple times that they can't guarantee connecting rooms, but does anyone have any advice on how to make the odds better that we'll get it? Thanks in advance!

Hi all. I have a (hopefully) related question - I'm new around here and still figuring out what the best threads are to post my questions! We are staying at the Contemporary Club Level (Atrium) Aug 18-22. We have two rooms, and we realllllllllly want them to be connecting so that we can put the kids to sleep earlier in one and hang out with the four adults in the other. We've been told multiple times that they can't guarantee connecting rooms, but does anyone have any advice on how to make the odds better that we'll get it? Thanks in advance!
That is correct....there are no guarantee. The best answer would be to call your TA or the WDTC (however you made your reservation) or Guest Services and make you request connecting rooms on your reservation. Maybe even explaining why might help but as you have already been told, no guarantee.

That is correct....there are no guarantee. The best answer would be to call your TA or the WDTC (however you made your reservation) or Guest Services and make you request connecting rooms on your reservation. Maybe even explaining why might help but as you have already been told, no guarantee.

Ok, thanks!

I have found the odds are good if you make it the only request. I have also told them we would be willing to sacrifice whatever room category we booked to get connecting rooms.

I have found the odds are good if you make it the only request. I have also told them we would be willing to sacrifice whatever room category we booked to get connecting rooms.
It’s definitely our only request. Fingers crossed! Thanks!

I called about a room request at Beach Club and they said there are none there. Is that correct?

No. Did you call? You can request anything you want. It’s just a request but they will add whatever you want to your reservation. Our standard request is “no connecting door,quiet location.”

TIA
I’ve arrived and asked for another room. One time at GF my request was no dormer but I was assigned a dormer room so I went back to the desk and asked if there was another room available.
At YC I booked standard view and I was given a room over the garbage dump. Again I went to desk to ask for another room. Just because you book standard view doesn’t mean you can’t ask for a nicer standard view.

No. Did you call? You can request anything you want. It’s just a request but they will add whatever you want to your reservation. Our standard request is “no connecting door,quiet location.”
Yes i called and they assured me all rooms are the same so there are no request. I will call back. Thank you.

I wonder if moving from the room initially assigned to you is becoming harder? As room occupancy approaches 100% and because allocating rooms is like a giant jigsaw puzzle and changing one room can have a cascading effect on others, I suspect the front desk’s ability to rearrange things is more limited than in the past.
It used to seem that early arrivals could complain/ask for a different room and the front desk would swap it for a room assigned to a later arrival, but these days w/ texts going out as soon as your room is ready even if you are not there yet, it seems to me that it would be much harder to rearrange things unless it’s a lower occupancy time & there are unassigned rooms to move you to.
OP re: AKL Jambo - if view is important and you’re ok with a bit of a walk, call and have noted you’d like partial savanna view as some standard views do have partial savanna views.
I called about a room request at Beach Club and they said there are none there. Is that correct?
You might ask over on the YC/BC FAQ. I believe a common request at the BC is a full balcony since half the rooms only have the small Juliette balconies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter