Room request I didn’t request

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
I have a reservation for 5 nights at the beach club, I have two linked friends on MDE who have over lapping reservations.

When I go to my room location requests, request one is connecting rooms, it’s grayed out I can’t change it. I didn’t request this! Help I love my dad and sister and her fiancé, but I do not want connecting rooms!

Can I call and have this changed? Do I just suck it up and hope I don’t get a connecting room.

On another trip they tried to put me in a connecting room with my in laws! WHY? We got lucky and it didn’t happen, but they looked shocked I didn’t want it!

All day at the parks together is enough I need a break!

Can I call and have this changed? Do I just suck it up and hope I don’t get a connecting room.

On another trip they tried to put me in a connecting room with my in laws! WHY? We got lucky and it didn’t happen, but they looked shocked I didn’t want it!

Our daughter never wanted connecting rooms with us, either, and I can see why. Just call and have it added to your reservation. :)

I have a reservation for 5 nights at the beach club, I have two linked friends on MDE who have over lapping reservations.

When I go to my room location requests, request one is connecting rooms, it’s grayed out I can’t change it. I didn’t request this! Help I love my dad and sister and her fiancé, but I do not want connecting rooms!

Agreed! We are staying at POP next week & my adult son & his GF have their own room. Our reservations are linked & when I called, the very nice rep was shocked that we didn’t want connecting rooms. I love them both & am thrilled we are all on vacation together but space is good for everyone!

Call them.

Our daughter never wanted connecting rooms with us, either, and I can see why. Just call and have it added to your reservation. :)

Agreed! We are staying at POP next week & my adult son & his GF have their own room. Our reservations are linked & when I called, the very nice rep was shocked that we didn’t want connecting rooms. I love them both & am thrilled we are all on vacation together but space is good for everyone!

Thank you! Calling first thing tomorrow! I guess so many people request it they just assume it? But to gray it out so I can’t even change it what? Why??

Thank you! Calling first thing tomorrow! I guess so many people request it they just assume it? But to gray it out so I can’t even change it what? Why??
The grayed out part is one of those annoying glitches that happen with certain requests. Some requests are changeable, like the ones with a drop down menu, and other requests take a CM to change, like a request that is called in.

If I find out one of them called this in their FoP FP is getting released! Kidding, kinda

Once went with cousins, staying at POR. We were fine if we were across the resort from them, we tour differently and knew our days would be part time together. This was before MDE so you found out what you got on arrival. WELL .......... they arrived first and asked for connecting rooms ........ which we found out when we got to our room - surprise! It was quite the damper on our trip having their kids running back and forth into our room and us trying to do our own thing when they weren't ready ............ but wanting us to hang back.

CALL, tell them to make a note "NO CONNECTING ROOMS". On top of that noise travels between those doors.

I’m potentially missing something, but if you get connecting rooms, couldn’t you just not use the connecting feature? On our last trip, we were in a room that had a connecting door, but we obviously didn’t use it because we didn’t know the family in the other room. If you get connecting rooms, just don’t use the connecting door. I’m not sure it’s even worth worrying about.

Ug we went to Mexico for my DH sisters wedding. We were pretty much newlyweds ourselves and they put our room right in between my DH dad and his other two sisters! I was mad to say the least. I would call! I like my privacy!

I’m potentially missing something, but if you get connecting rooms, couldn’t you just not use the connecting feature? On our last trip, we were in a room that had a connecting door, but we obviously didn’t use it because we didn’t know the family in the other room. If you get connecting rooms, just don’t use the connecting door. I’m not sure it’s even worth worrying about.

That could be awkward if the others want to leave it open.

In theory, but I know my family. They don’t see my DD that often as they live in Florida and we are in NJ, so they would be like look niece we can open this door how cool, and she would want it open. Yeah nope. Like I said I love them but we need a break.

Also you can sometimes hear the rooms next door, to be honest, that’s awkward, for so many reason. Not to mention if we are trying to get DD to sleep and she hears her grandpa or aunt.

I would rather just be a few doors away. Or floors away!

Ug we went to Mexico for my DH sisters wedding. We were pretty much newlyweds ourselves and they put our room right in between my DH dad and his other two sisters! I was mad to say the least. I would call! I like my privacy!

Well, your room is going to be next to someone else’s. There’s no way around that. Were the rooms booked together or as part of a wedding block or something?

Can I call and have this changed?
Just curious why you'd think you can't?
guess so many people request it they just assume
No. They don't assume anything, plus requests are never guaranteed.
You know what I find most annoying about this, that so many people want connecting rooms and can’t get them/they aren’t guaranteed and then they give it to people who don’t want them....
It being a request on your account does NOT mean you will given connecting rooms.

Well, your room is going to be next to someone else’s. There’s no way around that. Were the rooms booked together or as part of a wedding block or something?

Of course, but I feel as though being next to family and hearing them is more awkward. I like to talk about the day, maybe complain about something or vent to my husband it makes me uncomfortable if I need to sensor our evening conversations because of who is next door.

Not booked as a block but via a travel agent so maybe that’s why?

Just curious why you'd think you can't?

No. They don't assume anything, plus requests are never guaranteed.

It being a request on your account does NOT mean you will given connecting rooms.

Of course it’s not guaranteed. However, in my first post I mentioned a previous visit that when we arrived they tried to put me in connecting rooms with my in laws, my in laws were thrilled, DH and I not so much! There were other issues so we ended up not getting connecting rooms. No one made the request, so I would have to think they assumed we wanted it. Which would lead me to believe if your reservations are linked the assume you want them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter