room request questions

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
Is it even worth it to make a room request when you have booked thru a 3rd party such as Priceline or Hotwire? I'm asking because for our trip next month we have 2 rooms, and would really like to request connecting. But when doing on line check in that isn't an option. Would it be worth it to call, or would they not bother to note that request as we didn't book thru Disney directly?

Also, has anyone had any luck changing room type upon arrival? I have a king room booked, but would actually not care if I got king or not, as long as I could get connecting rooms instead.

Connecting isn't a request you can make online, you have to call for that one. And I would suggest calling and having them link your reservations so if not connecting, they are close to each other.

I've booked through wholesale sites and still made requests. Call them.
Did you call the reservation number or wholesale? Just wondering because I have tried to add requests and was told I couldn't because of how it was booked. Maybe I just had an unhelpful person on the phone.

We always call no matter where we book our rooms. Always Mostly is always with Disney direct. Using pin codes.

So I called and was told as the rooms were booked thru a 3rd party they can't open them to make requests. You have to call the 3rd party and have them.

So I called and was told as the rooms were booked thru a 3rd party they can't open them to make requests. You have to call the 3rd party and have them.
I've called Disney and was able to make requests even with a wholesale reservation. That's so frustrating that you can't get consistent info when you call. Sorry. :(

I had two rooms at AOA last year booked through Priceline for one night before moving to beach club. I called Disney, provided them with the reservation numbers and they linked them on their end (and they did honor my request for connecting)

I actually just got off the phone with a wholesale department CM who very quickly and easily added my child to the reservation & noted my room request on a room booked through Hotwire. If you get a CM who says they can’t do that, call again!

Did you call the reservation number or wholesale? Just wondering because I have tried to add requests and was told I couldn't because of how it was booked. Maybe I just had an unhelpful person on the phone.
I also booked through priceline and when I called Disney direct they told me they could not talk to me about it because I booked through a third party

Hotwire and Priceline are typically viewed the same way as a travel agent in that Disney won't make changes for you unless you're close to your travel dates. This is because Disney is paying the third party/travel agent commission, so therefore the third party/travel agent should do the legwork. Plus, the third party is responsible for your reservation.

That said, if others are reporting they had success with noting a request, its worth trying to call more than once. They may have a way to notate it, or perhaps the CM didn't recognize it was a third party reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter