Room requests - are these good choices?

amystevekai&bump

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

We are booking our 1 bedroom ocean view room tomorrow at the 7 month mark! Yippee!!

I would like to put in some room requests, and I just wondered if these are good ones? If there are too many & I will confuse the CMs who allocate them?! Any other advice?

I was going to put - high floor, either Waianae building rooms ending 06 or 12 or Ewa building rooms ending 52,58,70,76 or 82. ETA - having found the thread with room photos, I think I will remove the requests for rooms ending 70.76 & 82 as I don’t really want to be looking at the hotel next door! So my request would say - Waianae ending in 06 or 12 or Ewa ending in 52 or 58 high floor please! - does that sound ok?

We’ve only been to Aulani once before and were granted our requests and the room was perfect! (Ocean view studio in Waianae building inside the horseshoe on a high floor!)

I’m therefore not expecting to get that lucky twice, so figured the more options I give the better?! We loved the high floor in Waianae, so wondered whether we should stick to what we love, or try the Ewa side? I just know we’d be disappointed if we weren’t inside the horseshoe and would miss the view of both the pools and the ocean.

Have I made good requests? (I know nothing about the Ewa building views and haven’t had much success via google) - any better suggestions?

Coming all the way from the U.K. and having teen boys that are about to finish high school, I suspect this will be our last big family trip and I’d like it to be extra special!

Many thanks for any advice xx

Last edited:
I haven’t stayed in enough rooms to comment on those particular ones but it seems like you’re being very specific!
We requested high floor Ewa because we wanted good ocean and sunset views. High floor Waianae gives ocean without the neighbouring hotel (assuming inside the horseshoe). The risk you run is that they may feel those numbers are your priority, so you could end up with 606 which may not have a view as good as a higher floor. They may also not be able to find anything that fits all of your criteria so you could get nothing that you want.

If you want uninterrupted ocean views you may want to stick with your previous request. All of the inside Ewa rooms can see the hotel next door (as far as I’m aware).

I think that is being too specific. I would imagine the room assigner's eyes glazing over reading it. I would stick to just a specific tower/high floor, or say something like, "I don't want to be facing the Four Seasons". That would let them know that is a priority request for you. My daughter and I are going for her HS graduation. She is my youngest and I totally understand the feeling. I think that in the long run, the room location will not matter as much as the time spent together. Have a great trip.

We have used this strategy that you are describing in the past, and it has worked perfectly. We did the same thing again for our upcoming trip. Something like, a room ending in XX or YY, highest floor possible. Good luck!

Thank you everyone I really appreciate all of your replies. I’ve shown DH all of the pictures and he is wanting to be in the Waianae building like we were last time - I fear that we got our ‘dream room’ last time, and if he doesn’t get that he will think we’ve got a ‘lesser’ room. (He is oblivious to all the holiday planning I do, and I think he truly believes that everyone has the same level of ‘magic’ we seem to get - not realising the hours of toil I spend trying to make it that way! Haha!)

I think I am just going to request rooms ending 06 or 12 highest floor possible and leave it at that. At least that way the Room Assigner will know what building and type of view we are after - it will either be available or it won’t. If I put too many choices I agree that that will confuse them, and ideally we only really want to be in that one area, so we will either get lucky or we won’t. Giving the Assigner more options and more headaches will probably just mean we won’t get our first choice as she won’t understand what we actually want!! Haha!

Thank you for your replies and helping me sort through things in my head x

The more specific you are, the less inclined you are to get what you're looking for. Its better to be general in your request so the room assigner knows what you're looking for - i.e. near elevator, high floor, end of hallway, full ocean view (if that's what you booked), etc.

The more specific you are, the less inclined you are to get what you're looking for. Its better to be general in your request so the room assigner knows what you're looking for - i.e. near elevator, high floor, end of hallway, full ocean view (if that's what you booked), etc.
But as the only preference we actually have is to be in either rooms ending 06 or 12, we’ve decided to go with that - as outside of those requests any other option will be second best, so we might as well request what we really want, as otherwise there is no point us putting in requests at all I guess 👍

But as the only preference we actually have is to be in either rooms ending 06 or 12, we’ve decided to go with that - as outside of those requests any other option will be second best, so we might as well request what we really want, as otherwise there is no point us putting in requests at all I guess 👍
Fair enough. I'm just simply saying that the more general you can be, the better. Sorry if I missed it, but what is special about rooms ending in 06 or 12?

Fair enough. I'm just simply saying that the more general you can be, the better. Sorry if I missed it, but what is special about rooms ending in 06 or 12?
No I totally understand your point, and generally I think you are definitely right - its just I’ve shown my DH all of the rooms and he much prefers the view from the Waianae building over the pools (it’s the same view we had on our only other trip to Aulani) and I think, in his opinion only, it’s better than those views from Ewa or on the outside of the buildings as we quite like seeing the activity around the pool as well as the ocean 👍

No I totally understand your point, and generally I think you are definitely right - its just I’ve shown my DH all of the rooms and he much prefers the view from the Waianae building over the pools (it’s the same view we had on our only other trip to Aulani) and I think, in his opinion only, it’s better than those views from Ewa or on the outside of the buildings as we quite like seeing the activity around the pool as well as the ocean 👍
Gotcha, understand. In that case, maybe say "room ending in 06 or 12, room overlooking pool/resort" instead. That way, if 06 or 12 isn't available, then the room assigner at least knows you want to face inward.

Gotcha, understand. In that case, maybe say "room ending in 06 or 12, room overlooking pool/resort" instead. That way, if 06 or 12 isn't available, then the room assigner at least knows you want to face inward.
Great idea! I’ll do that - thank you ever so much x

This is exactly what I was gonna say. I would suggest the request be "Interior Facing, High Floor, Waianae Tower" (This would be my order of importance). The only interior facing one bedrooms in Waianae are 06 and 12, but if you don't get those, I would hate for you to get "Waianae Tower" but not interior (that would still accomplish one of your requests).

I love the Ewa tower views, so don't be disappointed if you get Ewa, you'll be distracted by the sunsets anyway :D

This is exactly what I was gonna say. I would suggest the request be "Interior Facing, High Floor, Waianae Tower" (This would be my order of importance). The only interior facing one bedrooms in Waianae are 06 and 12, but if you don't get those, I would hate for you to get "Waianae Tower" but not interior (that would still accomplish one of your requests).

I love the Ewa tower views, so don't be disappointed if you get Ewa, you'll be distracted by the sunsets anyway :D
Thank you very much for this - I’ll contact MS and change my request to exactly this 👍❤️

I made a room request for our Christmas stay for “Ewa Tower over the Olelo room” because we had that location on our last visit and loved sitting on our balcony listening to the live music. The cast member I spoke with had obviously never been to Aulani but wrote down my request. We got exactly what we wanted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter