Room reservation question to visit CP child

bstafford

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I love reading everyone's post. Whether or not you realize it, they are so helpful. I am wondering if someone with experience can help me. My son is going to start the CP this September 3. Am I able to book a room now (with no discount) and then switch the reservation to his name in order to get the discount once he's established and working down there? We have a family of six in total, and I want to make sure I get a 5 person room at Port Orleans Riverside.
Thanks!

Hi all! I love reading everyone's post. Whether or not you realize it, they are so helpful. I am wondering if someone with experience can help me. My son is going to start the CP this September 3. Am I able to book a room now (with no discount) and then switch the reservation to his name in order to get the discount once he's established and working down there? We have a family of six in total, and I want to make sure I get a 5 person room at Port Orleans Riverside.
Thanks!

depend on the age of your son.

Thanks!
Yes if there are discounts for that resort available - discounts aren’t really guaranteed nor always available. He also needs to have gone through Traditions and have access to the “Hub” which is the CMs main source for schedule, info, etc.
If you are on Facebook ask to join the Disney college parents-DCP group. Tons and tons of good info

You may find that the resort you book at now, won’t have a discount when your DS checks the Hub. You may have to go with a different resort if you want a discount. It isn’t an automatic thing...discounted rooms are offered when regular guests are t booking the rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!