Room Service Questions

Jo-Anne

DIS Veteran
Have heard some great tips about using room service and have a few questions.
1)If we want to order some sandwiches to take off the ship with us at the ports, should we order the night before, or can we do it first thing in the morning? Is the menu for room service the same all day, or can you only order breakfast things inthe morning?
2) Can we ask that our order be wrapped in saran or for take-out?
3) How much do you tip for room service?
4) Is there a link to the room service menu anywhere?
Thanks, Jo

Depending on how early you want to leave the ship would determine when to order room service. If you are leaving very first thing, then order the night before to save time. If you have 30 minutes in the morning, order then.

I do not think they will wrap things "to go"....bring your own zip-lock bags.

We tip $1-3 dollars depending on how much we ordered at a time.

I believe you can order anything on the RS menu at any time, but not 100% sure.

MJ

FYI: The afternoon/dinner room service menu is in the hard-backed book on the dresser. For some reason, Disney doesn't include the breakfast menu in the same place.

On our last cruise, I sent my husband up to the Parrot Cay breakfast buffet to bring me back a plate with some fresh fruit and a muffin. It wasn't until the last day that I found the room service breakfast menu in the center drawer of the dressing table. Wish I would have looked in there sooner!

I checked out the room service menu (also planning to pack sandwiches and stuff for excursions). However, the selection seems rather limited. Are there any other options for obtaining packable food, like perhaps a buffet?

We packed lunches on our last cruise. The sandwhich selection was kind of sparse. We found that most of the sandwhiches were pretty icky by lunch time. We found that the turkey sandwhich (which comes on a hard sub roll) packed much better than the pb&j or the tuna. The ham and cheese was grilled so it held up but wasn't hot. My kids loved the chicken fingers. The sandwhiches all come with chips. You can pick up fresh fruit at Spoons or at the buffets. They really add to the lunch. My husband was so impressed with "my" idea for packing lunch. I am so grateful to the Disboards for making me look like a hero!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter