Room service

TestingH2O

DIS Veteran
Does room service have meal hours? I know you can pre order continental breakfast, but is there a period of time when only breakfast is available? Or a time when it is no longer an option?

Does room service have meal hours? I know you can pre order continental breakfast, but is there a period of time when only breakfast is available? Or a time when it is no longer an option?
As far as I know, the room service menu that's printed in the book is 24/7. The breakfast card has times on it to indicate when you want breakfast served. I'm not sure if that means it's only available during that time.

I know you can't get a hot breakfast from room service.

Absolutely. I was just thinking fruit and cheese is more my speed than donuts and pastries. But I love getting room service.
You can get fruit for breakfast room service. There's just no choice in what the fruit is. Last time they slapped a slice of kiwi in the middle of our fruit bowl. I am allergic to kiwi so I couldn't eat any of it.

You can get fruit for breakfast room service. There's just no choice in what the fruit is. Last time they slapped a slice of kiwi in the middle of our fruit bowl. I am allergic to kiwi so I couldn't eat any of it.
I am allergic to honey dew melons, so I asked for only pineapples and that’s granted. I always ask what kinds of fruit are in the fruit bowl since honey dews are the most popular offered.

I would let them know about the allergy next time and they should work around it. If you did that time and it got messed up, I hope you mentioned it to someone.

Exactly this! Always mention any allergy when ordering.

I have always paid attention to the disclaimer that Room Service is not allergy-safe.

No great loss for me as I have never seen the attraction in ordering into my room.

I would let them know about the allergy next time and they should work around it. If you did that time and it got messed up, I hope you mentioned it to someone.
I usually don't bother mentioning my kiwi allergy because it's pretty avoidable. It seems though that more and more fruit items seem to come with at least a slice of kiwi in them (I think for decoration). I guess I will have to mention it in the future. It is such a weird allergy! According to the doctors it's related to my latex allergy (another common one with latex is avocados--thank goodness I'm not allergic to them!)

The only time restriction that I am aware of is......Room Services stops at midnight on the last night. This is a maritime law (I asked).

The only time restriction that I am aware of is......Room Services stops at midnight on the last night. This is a maritime law (I asked).

Interesting...wonder why concierge still get it then albeit the standard rather than concierge room service?

I usually don't bother mentioning my kiwi allergy because it's pretty avoidable. It seems though that more and more fruit items seem to come with at least a slice of kiwi in them (I think for decoration). I guess I will have to mention it in the future. It is such a weird allergy! According to the doctors it's related to my latex allergy (another common one with latex is avocados--thank goodness I'm not allergic to them!)

I got the avocado part of the allergy, but I can eat the kiwis, my allergist warned me kiwi could develop as I age. Mine is really bad, need an epi-pen. We noted it on our last reservation and when we ordered room service, they mentioned it on the phone to us.

I got the avocado part of the allergy, but I can eat the kiwis, my allergist warned me kiwi could develop as I age. Mine is really bad, need an epi-pen. We noted it on our last reservation and when we ordered room service, they mentioned it on the phone to us.

Probably I should note my honey dew allergy on my reservation this time. DD had her almond allergy noted on our recent cruise in August and she was well taken care of at MDR, Palo and Remy. She developed the almond allergy just months before the cruise.

Probably I should note my honey dew allergy on my reservation this time. DD had her almond allergy noted on our recent cruise in August and she was well taken care of at MDR, Palo and Remy. She developed the almond allergy just months before the cruise.

I honestly hate mentioning my allergy, I get so many comments about how weird it is, and that they have never met anyone else before with it. We sat with people we didn't know as it was just the two of us on the cruise, Disney was so respectful and discreet. It was amazing. I have never had a reaction on a Disney ship or in a Disney restauarnt.

My mother is also allergic to Kiwi. I always note it when ordering room service fruit (on any cruise line). So far, so good. Every line has been good about not including kiwi on any fruit plate or mixed fruit bowl.

Oh I hope I don't develop the avocado one--I love them! They are weird allergies, not like the common nuts, shellfish, dairy, etc. so I also get the same weird comments/questions when I mention it. If I even touch kiwi my eyes swell shut. I've eaten it twice and thought I was going to die the 2nd time I did. It took a long time to figure out what I was actually allergic to. Glad to know I'm not the only one out there though!

Room Service is available to concierge rooms debarkation morning, so how would it be maritime law?? If you research it and find information please let us know.

We have often written what fruit we wanted next to the fruit line when pre-ordering the breakfast. My kid wanted a bowl of strawberries, so next to fruit I put strawberries x 5, thinking I'd get a small bowl of strawberries. Well, we got FIVE BOWLS OF STRAWBERRIES in the morning. Awesome!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter