Room Service ??

Jeanny

I can feel the warmth now!
just trying to plan ahead..If I order a cup of tea (hot tea) from room service..... is there a charge for it (other than a gratuity)? I was checking out a list on the Disney website and looks like they don't "charge" for coffee, but do "charge" for tea, which doesn't sound fair to me. I know I can walk up to deck 9 to get hot tea, but is that available just during the day?? not that I'd be awake at 3am, but hey you never know!!!

thanks, Jeanny :wave:

Never ordered tea but I don't think they would charge for it. It was on the order form you hang from your door and the only things that had charges next to them were the drinks like bloody mary's and mamosas (sp?)

I'm pretty sure they have tea at the drink station up on deck 9. That's free for all, so I can't imaging room service would charge for it.

I just so happen to have the room service menu!!!

Delivery times
7 -7:30
7:30 -8
8 -8:30
8:30-9
9-9:30
9:30 -10

Juices - orange, apple, grapefruit

Breads and Pastries - danish pastries, fruit and bran muffins, croissants, doughnuts, toast, whole wheat toast, english muffins, bagel

Condiments - selection of jams and honey, butter, margarine

Cold Cereals - Served with whole or skim milk
corn flakes, raisin bran, rice krispies, froot loops, KO's, Frosted Flakes, low-fat granola

Beverages - whole milk, skim milk, chocolate milk, 100% columbian coffee (caffeinated and decaf), selection of teas

Cocktails - $4.25
mimosa, screwdriver, bloody mary

Hang the selections on your door before 3AM and you will get a phone call prior to their arrival announcing that room service is coming up.

Works great!!!!!

Highly recommend this while sitting on the verandah.

There is also the 24/7 bar that has pastries from 6:30-7:30AM with a selection of teas, coffee, lemonade, hot chocolate, ice tea and milk available.

Rae

WOW, Thanks Rae!!!
Room service seems like the way to begin the day.... I need my tea the way some people need their coffee.

Thanks!!!
jeanny :wave:

On the day you dock in Grand Cayman some of the excusrions start (meet) between 7 & 7:30. Does anyone know if room service delivers earlier that day? Or if Topsiders is open?

Or if neither of the above anyone have any suggestions on breakfast that morning other than pastries? I just can't see us spending the morning snorkeling with stingrays on a pastry! :confused:

Deb

Not only do they have tea, but their selection is the best! I highly recommend the black currant or mint. It is available at the deck 9 drink station, and I imagine you could get one of the flavors from room service too. Personally I drink it iced because the regular iced tea on the ship is the stuff that comes out of a tap...ugh!! I prefer to make my own, and I always request it at dinner too (sometimes it takes a little doing to get them to understand what I am talking about at dinner, although some of our servers have actually brewed up whole pots of it for me! :D ).
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

thanks Black Light Barb ..... I agree with the brewed tea too, that sounds good!! I usually drink hot tea at breakfast,,, and will drink iced tea the rest of the time... but it's usually the instant stuff.

Thanks, Jeanny:wave:

Originally posted by FantasticDisFamily
On the day you dock in Grand Cayman some of the excusrions start (meet) between 7 & 7:30. Does anyone know if room service delivers earlier that day? Or if Topsiders is open?

Or if neither of the above anyone have any suggestions on breakfast that morning other than pastries? I just can't see us spending the morning snorkeling with stingrays on a pastry! :confused:

Deb

Deb,

On the morning we got into Grand Cayman Topsiders opened up at 6:30. We had plenty of time for breakfast and make our excursion meet time.

When you order Tea with breakfast, you get a pot of hot water and a fantastic little choice of Teas - they come in a little wooden box of about, well, there must have been 30 or 40 or so different individual teabags for you to choose - from 'plain' Breakfast Tea to all sorts of Fruit Teas - you got a couple of each.

Thanks for the info Mary. I was hoping we could do room service that morning so we could eat while getting around - not have to try and haul the teenagers out of bed any earlier than necesary. :rolleyes:

They are excited about the excursion but still teenagers!

Maybe I'll send DH up or run up myself and we'll bring it back down for them.

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter