• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room size

rtp-resident

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Having stayed onsite only at PBH I don't have a frame of reference for other onsite hotel room sizes. Obviously they vary in terms of location and type - but - are there standard sizes? I saw on another thread post that the room sizes at HRH are 500 sf and RPR is "only" 325 sf. Is this accurate? How does that compare with PBH room sizes?

I don't know the exact room sizes but from staying at both the PBH rooms are larger. The Villa rooms are slightly larger then the standard rooms at PBH. The deluxe rooms at HRH are pretty big, and the stnadard rooms have just about enough room to fit the two queen size bed & the table & two chairs.

Thanks for the comments. I have since spoken with Loews and found that indeed the rooms at the HRH are approximately 375 sf. (standard) and 500 sf. (deluxe) and RPR are approximately 335 sf. Obviously deluxe and suites are larger. I don't know if the standard rooms at PBH are quite 700 sf., the site

http://www.universalstudiosvacations.com/vacationinfo/portofinobayhotel.asp?code=MCOUPBH^^^&alone=false#room

lists them at 462 sf. to 490 sf., but I agree that the bathrooms are a separate room expereince unto themselves!!! The Villa Suites are 1380 sf and Kid's Suite are 675 sf.

What I do know is that out of my 8 trips to US/IOA at the PBH, I never felt crowded in our room with 2 adults and 2 children. If RPR is 30 % less than the size of the standard room in PBH - then I think I will feel very cramped. Plus I like the pampered feeling at PBH - not to mention the great pool and kid activities.

So I chickened out and also made reservations at PBH for December 19 through 24 at the Entertainment rate of $150. And I didn't look at it this way when I made that decision, but standard "rack" rate at PBH for that time period is $249 - so a $99 savings. I had booked RPR at $109 pool rate with their rack rate being $179 - a $70 savings.

Additionally, with the exception of one visit, I have been upgraded every visit with my Loews First card to a nicer room. Last Christmas was an upgrade to a kid's suite for $35/day more than the $99 post 9/11 rate I had booked. It was the highlight of their trip. They didn't want to leave "their" room. If I hadn't left on 12/24 I wouldn't have got the break - but I hand it to management - the rooms were vacant so they gave me a great deal - get a little more revenue - but create tremendous good will and feeling. So maybe they are trying harder than Disney!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter