room switch or no?

funkychunkymonkey

DIS Veteran
Help me decide! I’m currently in the smallest bedroom in my home. There is about 12 inches between the end of the dresser and my king sized bed. On the sides I have about two feet of space. My other dresser is forced to live in the closet. I like the coziness of the room but hate the fact I can barley move. It’s also the hottest room in the summer (nice in the winter). My guest bedroom is the largest bedroom. I currently have a futon and a full sized mattress in there. I also have two bookcase, 4 kitchen chairs, a closet full of craft stuff, a huge dollhouse, a washer (Don’t ask), and a rocking chair. I have had most of this stuff in the small room before. I am trying to decide if I want to switch rooms again. I’m frustrated with my lack of space in my room but I’m thinking its gonna be a big PIA to switch all the stuff around. What do you all think? Should I move the rooms around yet again or no?

EDIT: Im going to do it. Any advice on moving a heavy mirrored dresser and queen sized bed? took 4 people to get it in here in peices!

Have a moving party and offer food to friends to help! Also they have these things called sliders that you can get at many of the tool stores- they work like a charm for moving heavy objects around. You place them under each corner and then it slides across the floor- it work better on laminate and carpet but we jhave used ours even on concrete.

Rebecca

My freinds wont come.... They all know what kind of funiture I have:rotfl: Im at least half way there. Im taking a break then moving the futon out, bed in, Dresser in, rocking chair out. im gonna leave all the craft stuff in the closet till my mom comes up cause she promised she would help clean my disaster (shes great at it!)

Went ok, now im waiting on mom to fix my mistakes...
Who knew my queen sized bed frame could also be a full? Its a really old frame and I couldnt get the slider on it so I ducked taped it. Then I relized it was the wrong size. Other than that attaching the mirror and rehanging curtains and moving my little dresser is all thats left.

Need some pics to see what you're doing! Hope things are settling in well!

Did all that work for nothing. Due to my grandmothers health, and my job cutting my hours Im moving. Not only am I moving but im moving home to my aunts house, in a basement bedroom, next to my mother! I get a room thats 120sq ft and a craft area thats 140sf and I have to share a bathroom with my mom. Well, at least I get to live with my aunts kids (10,11) and have my dream (Ive awalys wanted little sisters). Now if we make it more than a month without killing each other it will be great. Now I get to redo my WHOLE new room. I get to paint for the first time ever. Moms going to redo my whole room for Christmas (early of course). Now I have to pick colors for my storage loft, my funiture and the big shelving unit shes building me. Im very excited about having a canopy style bed. Its making it all worth moving home .

Oooh ... great! All worked out then!

I am finishing up remodeling as well .. ugh .. seems like its been forever! lol .. now just doing final touches .. paint, decorations, etc ..

Glad things worked out!

10x12 and 10x14 sound like lots of room. Course that all depends on the real measurements and layout possibilities.

Little Sisters, how well I remember the days of living with my little sister. I think we would kill each other now. :lmao: If we had to live together. She is awesome as a friend, but a roommate, nope. Me neither though. I'd be an awful roommate now. :rotfl2:

Sorry about you having to give up some independence. I am really glad though that you have someplace safe to go. A new chapter in your book of life. :)

Problem is the layout sucks, and Im moving from a decent sized aparment. Well at least this is only a temporary thing and all my extra stuff can go to grandmas LOL

:hug:

You have a good head on your shoulders. You know this is just a stepping stone. Enjoy your time with your family. Help make some awesome memories for your nieces.

Best of luck that you get more hours or find an even better job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts