Rope Drop, EMH, Staying Offsite

mckenk

Mouseketeer
We are going to MK for a day next month, staying off-site. We want to get there at park opening, but it is a day with morning EMH. So if EMH are 8-9 and the park opens to "us" at 9:00, what time should we get there? Are the rides already going to have lines? TIA!

I would get there around 8:30. A whole lot of people are going to have an hour head start on you, so yes, there are going to be lines for everything.

Keep in mind that the park will be noticably busier than it would be if it didn't have EMH.

Morning EMH at MK only includes Tomorrowland and Fantasyland, so plan to be there by 8:30 and be ready to head to Adventureland or Frontierland. I personally would go straight to BTMRR.

If you can stay at one one of the approved Disney Springs offsite resorts you can get the EMH at MK, too.

If you can't do EMH, then I would start by going left in the park. There's a tendency to want to go right; so, I would do the opposite.

Thanks everyone! That was very helpful. I didn't know that EMH only included certain areas of the park. We will get there at 8:30 & head left.

Thanks everyone! That was very helpful. I didn't know that EMH only included certain areas of the park. We will get there at 8:30 & head left.

But you're missing the great advice from:

Lines will be already there by the time you get in. I'd avoid mk on that day if possible. I stay offsite and a park with emh is the first park I rule out to visit

The fact that a park has an EMH means that everything will be more crowded. We call it the second rush. We would rope drop the Fantasyland/Tomorrowland rides during EMH. Then about 10-15 minutes before general park opening, we'd line up to beat the "offsite" guests to Big Thunder and Splash when those areas opened.

I'll repeat it again, all things being equal, if you have a choice and don't have EMH admission, then avoid the EMH park.

But you're missing the great advice from:

The fact that a park has an EMH means that everything will be more crowded. We call it the second rush. We would rope drop the Fantasyland/Tomorrowland rides during EMH. Then about 10-15 minutes before general park opening, we'd line up to beat the "offsite" guests to Big Thunder and Splash when those areas opened.

I'll repeat it again, all things being equal, if you have a choice and don't have EMH admission, then avoid the EMH park.

Unfortunately don't really have that option this trip. We are going FL to visit family, and we are just doing a quick one day at the MK this time, and this is the day we have to go there. When we go for a week we definitely avoid the EMH parks!

Use your FP+ wisely, keep an eye for short standby lines, and when the lines get crazy, that is a good time to do things you would normally skip. Ride the Liberty Belle Riverboat, or the train, see The Enchanted Tiki Room, Hall of Presidents, of Country Bear Jamboree. Take the time to see the Muppets show in Liberty Square, play Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, or the Pirates Adventure game (spoiler, you can "win" a set of FP+ for Pirates of the Caribbean). Climb the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. There are plenty of things to do when the ride lines seem out of control, and since you will be returning later for a week, this could be a great opportunity to take things easy, and experience some things that you would not normally do.

Use your FP+ wisely, keep an eye for short standby lines, and when the lines get crazy, that is a good time to do things you would normally skip. Ride the Liberty Belle Riverboat, or the train, see The Enchanted Tiki Room, Hall of Presidents, of Country Bear Jamboree. Take the time to see the Muppets show in Liberty Square, play Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, or the Pirates Adventure game (spoiler, you can "win" a set of FP+ for Pirates of the Caribbean). Climb the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. There are plenty of things to do when the ride lines seem out of control, and since you will be returning later for a week, this could be a great opportunity to take things easy, and experience some things that you would not normally do.
You hit the nail on the head :) We go for a week every few years, and then we occasionally take a day just to get a little Disney fix while we are saving for our next big vacation. Just being in the MK makes me happy, even if we don't go on a bunch of the big attractions.

You hit the nail on the head :) We go for a week every few years, and then we occasionally take a day just to get a little Disney fix while we are saving for our next big vacation. Just being in the MK makes me happy, even if we don't go on a bunch of the big attractions.
I love the attractions, don't get me wrong, but some of my fondest memories from MK are playing the Pirates Adventure with my son, playing checkers in Town Square, or on Tom Sawyers Island, riding one of the MainStreet vehicles, and just plain enjoying the scenery, and little stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!