Rope drop for AK (Avatar FoP), which one is better EMH or regular day?

Sil

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

If we plan to try to be at AK fir rope drop to ride Avatar Foo and NRJ, would it be better to do it on EMH day or regular day? I know we need to be there maybe 60-90 mins prior to park opening. My reasoning is, if it isn’t significantly different, we get an hour extra sleep if we do it on regular day.
Same question for Epcot too, will it be much different in terms of crowds and size of lines if we do Epcot rope drop on EMH day vs regular day?

Thank you so much !

EMH day will be better if you actually get there early. Most people aren't able or willing. It doesn't need to be 90 minutes early on EMH day, 60 would be fine.

Hi all,

If we plan to try to be at AK fir rope drop to ride Avatar Foo and NRJ, would it be better to do it on EMH day or regular day? I know we need to be there maybe 60-90 mins prior to park opening. My reasoning is, if it isn’t significantly different, we get an hour extra sleep if we do it on regular day.
Same question for Epcot too, will it be much different in terms of crowds and size of lines if we do Epcot rope drop on EMH day vs regular day?

Thank you so much !

Well, your competition on an EMH day is less than on a regular opening day, but as long as you're there 60-90 min early, it probably doesn't matter for AK. Being there early is the key for FoP. However, once you finish with FoP, you'll have shorter lines for all the other attractions for the rest of EMH and you'll be ahead of the crowd for the whole day.

EP doesn't require quite that early of a start. For a regular day, 45 min before would put you in the front of the pack and even 30 min before would be okay. EMH day, I wouldn't be there until 30 min before. Again, doing EMH means you probably get the three headliners done before the regular park goers even enter the park which puts you ahead of them all day.

The other good news is FPs won't slow down the standby line during EMH.

Do the resort buses leave early enough for you to get to ak 60 to 90 minutes early ??

We do EMH at AK, and I prefer that due to the points made by previous posters.

You can use the resort buses, there is a bit of unknown timing there as you have to wait in the morning and don't know exactly when they will get there. One trip I arrived 45 min before park open (for an 8am EMH), and the next I arrived 55 min before (also for an 8am EMH), catching the earliest bus possible. I do FoP first, then head to NRJ.

We got up early with EMH and drove there to make sure. The resort buses were dropping off and we were there at 6:30. We were in the first 3 groups and were able to do both FPO and NRA before getting on the first Safari ride. We had FP for Everest and Dinosaur and id those two, UP!, and Bugs Life before lunch. We went back to the room and napped before coming back to see AK at night and ROL. We agreed it was a good plan.

Thank you so much everyone! Since everyone seem to think EMH is worth it, we will definitely do that. We might need to take uber/taxi to get there in time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter