Rope drop, hard to get FP, especially Pandora

Wow. Thanks for the abundant information everyone. It seems I may have gotten some misleading information elsewhere about just how early the gates open. It does seem like we can make this work for our family. We have 3 kids so I'm not sure refreshing to get day of FP will work for our family of 5, but I'll try that for an extra ride.

We are not going until summer 2020, which is why I'm not worrying too much about EPCOT or DHS strategies as they both have new rides coming. I kept seeing that FOP was the hardest to get FP and that there wasn't a good breakfast trick for it either. And I saw videos of crazy rope drop on YouTube, so I was a bit stressed about AK. But it seems like this could work. A night ride may be in our cards depending on how my kids adjust their schedules as we're in CA.

Last June, we found a 17 minute actual wait on FoP just before closing time. The posted wait was 110 minutes. We found this to be a much more efficient use of our time than trying the same thing in the morning.

We got to the park early on May 7, got right on FoP once they started letting people in, and then only had another 45 minute wait for a second ride.

Last June, we found a 17 minute actual wait on FoP just before closing time. The posted wait was 110 minutes. We found this to be a much more efficient use of our time than trying the same thing in the morning.
That was my original plan before I read that rope dropping the ride may be more doable than I thought. If our kids adjust to FL time then staying out late may be too much. If they don't adjust then I'll be happy we can make 30 day FP and we can stay later. At DL we are rope drop people. It is very efficient and works for our early risers.

I wasn't going to FOP (had fastpass) but the line was out to discovery island 5 mins after opening, and was 3 hours.
If you get there 1-1 & 1/2 hours before, you should be OK. Don't show up 5 minutes before opening time, though.

We got to the park early on May 7, got right on FoP once they started letting people in, and then only had another 45 minute wait for a second ride.

I'm amazed by the re-ride, because every time I've done RD, despite being on one of the first rides of the day, the line is always stretching out of the land when I'm leaving. I know initially the first guests skip the queue, I wonder if it takes them a while to fill it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter