Rope Drop Strategy

Marie Garcia

Earning My Ears
Hello lovely Community!!

I am going to be in MK on April 14th for Rope Drop with my family. Our arrival time is at 8am for a 9am opening. I would love it if you guys vet my following plan and offer your sage advice and feedback

RD Liberty square then head to PP through the underpass by Momento Mori's while dropping off stroller at Rapunzel's bathrooms before we get online

Ride Small world right after

Head to Little Mermaid ride

Head back to Cinderella's Castle for a 10:05 Breakfast with Princesses.

How did I do? Is this plan feasible? I've meticulously studied the wonderful maps and diagrams made by other brilliant members. I now offer up my work for your perusal! Thank you!!!!

First of all :welcome:
I think it's too tight to do in an hour
Remember Main Street opens at 8am so for this plan to work you have to be in the front of the pack at the Liberty Square entrance for rope drop
Let's say you get off from PP at 9:15 (that's if you are at the very front)
Get in line for IASW with probably a 20 min wait time. That ride is 15 mins long, that would be almost 10am
Even if you are out of PP by 9:10 it wouldn't be enough time to do all 3 attractions before 10am

You might not get all 3 done just look at the time after you get off the ride and how long the wait is for the next ride. If you think you have time then go there is a good chance you will not have time for your last ride

Would you all recommend doing Little Mermaid First and then PP? I've been told the breakfast will last about an hour and half. Should we do IASW after the breakfast?

Thanks guys!

Would you all recommend doing Little Mermaid First and then PP? I've been told the breakfast will last about an hour and half. Should we do IASW after the breakfast?

Thanks guys!
No PP is the second most popular ride to rope drop after 7DMT the line will be long in a few minutes after RD

Thanks guys!
from the 3 attraction Little Mermaid will be the easiest to get on, check the wait times for that one after breakfast, also you can try and get that one or IASW as your 4th fp....what are your fps for the day?

Yeah it is! I'm getting scared reading about what a nightmare it is to rope drop it. A lot of people now don't recommend it. I really want to do it for myself, and my older daughter wants to ride IASW and my younger daughter wants to ride Little mermaid. I just want to figure out how to make the morning work best with our dining time and everything.

PP should not be that bad of a ride to RD IASW is right next to it you might have time for the little mermaid ride if you do not getting 4 FP for it will not be that bad at all

PP should not be that bad of a ride to RD IASW is right next to it you might have time for the little mermaid ride if you do not getting 4 FP for it will not be that bad at all
Agree. 7DMT is the worst but even though PP is pretty popular is not horrible, that said, you are coming during peak Spring Break/Easter season so pack your patience and have a flexible plan and you'll be fine

FP schedule is as follows:

Fast Pass(FP): 12:00 - 1:00 Story Time with Belle whole party

FP: Big Thunder Railroad 1:45 - 2:45

(Marie and the girls switch and head to Pirates of the Caribbean FP 1:50 - 2:50 then switch)

FP: Seven Dwarfs Mine Cart 4:25 - 5:25, (Grandma and DD to Haunted Mansion FP 4:25 - 5:25 then switch)

Any and all feedback is appreciated. Rides that are must dos that are NOT fast passed are: Little Mermaid, IASW, and PP

FP schedule is as follows:

Fast Pass(FP): 12:00 - 1:00 Story Time with Belle whole party

FP: Big Thunder Railroad 1:45 - 2:45

(Marie and the girls switch and head to Pirates of the Caribbean FP 1:50 - 2:50 then switch)

FP: Seven Dwarfs Mine Cart 4:25 - 5:25, (Grandma and DD to Haunted Mansion FP 4:25 - 5:25 then switch)

Any and all feedback is appreciated. Rides that are must dos that are NOT fast passed are: Little Mermaid, IASW, and PP
For rider swap all must go to the ride to get rider swap so before splitting up go to the ride you are swapping at. You should be able to do at lest two ( Peter Pan should be your first ride as getting a FP for this is hard and the line will get long fast) and the I would do IASW before breakfast it should not be that hard to get little mermaid as a 4 FP after your last one or make this your last ride of the day.

I would RD PP and do IASW right after if you have time. If not, I'm sure you can get a 4th FP for it later in the day. For Little Mermaid, I would try that after your breakfast or later in the day...or during parade time if you didn't plan on watching the parade.

Thank you, everyone! We will rope drop PP through liberty square to avoid the chaos of the castle and then do IASW right after. Maybe little mermaid will not be too crowded around 11:30 or so. . .

This forum ROCKS! =)

Little Mermaid should be fine later on or for getting a 4th FP. If not, the queue line gives you break from the sun at least!

Curious to ask but why are you going all the way around past Mori Momento to ride Peter pan? that is just such a long way around the park.

From what I've been reading through various posts the Castle itself is risky because of the show and its potential to delay the crowd there moving through to fantasyland.

I've also been reading that the crowd that goes just over the bridge to liberty square and then right along the moat also gets held up by it being a narrow passage. Other forums have had people posting saying that Cast members are also monitoring those groups to make sure the castle crowd doesn't get passed, and there is a huge potential for bottle-necking when those two groups collide.

The route I chose has a wider path and no bottleneck potential. Also, my group will have a stroller and stroller parking is right at Rapunzel's bathrooms on the way to the ride.

I have seen multiple people post that say the Liberty square group tends to beat the crowds going through the castle or even the little walkway to the right of the castle.

But I've never done it, so who knows? lol Maybe it will be a bust. :daisy:

Curious to ask but why are you going all the way around past Mori Momento to ride Peter pan? that is just such a long way around the park.
Do you have a better idea? I'd welcome any advice on how to make this easier for my family and I.

I would go through Liberty Square as you planned. Going through the castle is very hit or miss.
I would do PP first as that and 7DMT will be the most popular.
I would expect a short line at IASW. When you get done with that you can see where you are for time and how long the lines are. You may have time for LM.

From what I've been reading through various posts the Castle itself is risky because of the show and its potential to delay the crowd there moving through to fantasyland.

I've also been reading that the crowd that goes just over the bridge to liberty square and then right along the moat also gets held up by it being a narrow passage. Other forums have had people posting saying that Cast members are also monitoring those groups to make sure the castle crowd doesn't get passed, and there is a huge potential for bottle-necking when those two groups collide.

The route I chose has a wider path and no bottleneck potential. Also, my group will have a stroller and stroller parking is right at Rapunzel's bathrooms on the way to the ride.

I have seen multiple people post that say the Liberty square group tends to beat the crowds going through the castle or even the little walkway to the right of the castle.

But I've never done it, so who knows? lol Maybe it will be a bust. :daisy:

We did liberty square route last year spring break. We were up front at the rope, no stroller and ended up being the second family to enter PP. I didn’t even see a castle group.

We did liberty square route last year spring break. We were up front at the rope, no stroller and ended up being the second family to enter PP. I didn’t even see a castle group.

Amazing! This gives me hope. Do you think parking the stroller by rapunzel in the way there is a good plan? I’ll sprint it there and then sprint back to my family.

Can you break off from the cast member leading the rope drop at liberty square early? Or do they make you start behind them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter