Rope drop w/o EMH

FeistyDisneyMom

DIS Veteran
I'm debating doing rope drop at DCA on a EMH day (we don't have early entry) versus at DL that same day. It'll be our 2nd day in the parks, but the first day we are spending primarily at DL. Chances are we will NOT have managed to do PP that day, and it is a priority this trip (we've missed it entirely the previous 3 family trips - purposefully the first time, but it was on refurb last 2 trips), so I have some motivation to try to rope drop and get it early. We are also going to be doing BBB later in the morning (10:30), so spending the morning in FL doing PP and little else is one possibility.

However, we've never rope dropped DCA. We'll be doing our MM at DL the next day, and I doubt we will be fresh enough our last day to be up for it, so the Wednesday is probably our only shot. I have VERY happy memories of morning in DCA from our last trip (wasn't rope drop, but park was still a near ghost town and the kids were happy and it was THE magic moment of that trip), so sentimental value is high there and could be clouding my judgment here.

Does it make sense to start in DCA that day, knowing we have to cross over to DL for BBB by 10? Or would that just be pushing things a bit?

We'll be there a Mon,Wed, Thur, Fri. We plan on doing MM on Thursday (since it is the only day we can), but Wed we have a BBB appt at 10:30. I know I want to start at least 1 day in DCA, just not sure it makes sense to do it Wednesday or if we should wait until Friday. Either way, it'll be on an EMH day, and we don't have any EMH.

so what are you going to accomplish on Thursday that you didn't do on Monday in Disneyland. The beauty of Wednesday is that all of Disneyland opens, making all of the lands less congested and could be that morning opportunity for Peter Pan. You you will already be in Disneyland for the BBB, so that will help with less stress. So you could forgo Thursday morning and use that for DCA morning freshness and sentimental value headstart on RSR. as for peter pan in the morning...skip that concept...grab some night time treats and wait for the attraction.

Honestly it is more of a 'we have this thing (MM) and I feel obligated to use it to feel like I got my $$ worth'. SM will still be down until that Friday, so I guess ST and the rest of FL (possibly for the 2nd time depending on what we hit that first Monday).

How late is it before PP lines aren't as terrible? I've been checking wait times periodically using the app, but with all the rain this past month I don't think I can put much faith in them.

do DCA Monday and Friday (RD on Friday) and Disneyland Wednesday and Thursday (Magic Morning on Thursday)

We've got plaza inn on monday (its for my DD's 5th bday and she really loves characters), and Friday is the only night F! is showing, but I got hoppers so we could RD DCA on Friday and hop over for F! that evening.

Ok - thanks for the suggestions. I think I have a workable plan now :) We'll start at DL Mon, Wed, and Thurs, and RD DCA on Friday, and make ample use of our hoppers throughout the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter