Rope Dropping Soarin' and Stroller Parking

familyman123

Mouseketeer
I am planning our upcoming visit, and on our Epcot day we plan to rope drop Soarin'. As I understand, rope droppers are held prior to park opening near Spaceship Earth. When I was last in Epcot, stroller parking for Soarin' was between the Land pavilion and the Seas pavilion. I am concerned that I will have to detour from rope drop to park the stroller before getting in line for Soarin. Is there a place for stroller parking near Spaceship Earth I could park a stroller prior to rope drop so I don't have to make a stop before Soarin'?

Yes, there’s stroller parking near every attraction, including spaceship earth. There’s a new pilot stroller parking program starting at Animal Kingdom which, if successful, will probably move to the other parks as well. So keep an eye on that before you leave to see how it will effect you.

We found a better option than near Space Ship Earth was under Innoventions near the character spot. There is stroller parking there, and it is much closer than walking all the way back to SSE unless you are already heading there for a FP+. Then you can walk to the Seas without the stroller if you want or if you are headed to the characters or Test Track, you can grab it on the way.

Do you have another adult who can act as a runner to the stroller area and drop it off and then run back and "excuse me" their way through the Soarin queue to meet you? This is what we usually do. Once time I was there alone with my kids, though, and a nice CM took pity on me and kindly walked up and volunteered to take the stroller off my hands and take it to stroller parking for me.

Last month they had CMs taking the strollers to park for you at rope drop right before you entered The Land Pavilion. They put them in between the land and seas. It was great!

Do you have another adult who can act as a runner to the stroller area and drop it off and then run back and "excuse me" their way through the Soarin queue to meet you? This is what we usually do. Once time I was there alone with my kids, though, and a nice CM took pity on me and kindly walked up and volunteered to take the stroller off my hands and take it to stroller parking for me.

Except you are instructed to enter the queue as an entire party, and no one has to let the "excuse me" person by. Some people won't.

We found a better option than near Space Ship Earth was under Innoventions near the character spot. There is stroller parking there, and it is much closer than walking all the way back to SSE unless you are already heading there for a FP+. Then you can walk to the Seas without the stroller if you want or if you are headed to the characters or Test Track, you can grab it on the way.

But is the spot by Innovations inside the rope drop pen? I didn't think it was.

Last month they had CMs taking the strollers to park for you at rope drop right before you entered The Land Pavilion. They put them in between the land and seas. It was great!

That's great.

Does anyone else know if this is still on going?

Last edited:
Except you are instructed to enter the queue as an entire party, and no one has to let the "excuse me" person by. Some people won't.

That's kinda of my concern. I don't want to have someone go off with the stroller and try to meet up in line. A little tricky to do and can waste time, which is what I am trying to save by Rope Dropping.

I'm fine with leaving the Stroller by Spaceship Earth inside the rope drop pen. I just don't know if that is possible. (We are going back to Spaceship Earth after Soarin anyway so its not problematic for me).

That's kinda of my concern. I don't want to have someone go off with the stroller and try to meet up in line. A little tricky to do and can waste time, which is what I am trying to save by Rope Dropping.

I'm fine with leaving the Stroller by Spaceship Earth inside the rope drop pen. I just don't know if that is possible. (We are going back to Spaceship Earth after Soarin anyway so its not problematic for me).
Yes there is stroller parking on the side of spaceship earth

But is the spot by Innovations inside the rope drop pen? I didn't think it was.

You are correct. It is outside the roped area. However we've found that because the parking is simply pushing the stroller against the wall, if we have the child out of the stroller ahead of time, we barely have to pause to park it. I found that the time saved walking by having it right there as we walked across to Test Track was helpful.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Sounds like I can park the stroller at Spaceship Earth pre-rope drop, which is what I will plan to do.

They were doing that last year in May when I was there! I was just taking DS to the Seas, so wasn’t in a big hurry, but I appreciated the help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!