Rope dropping with a visually impaired person.

Alucard84

Earning My Ears
Our friend is visually impaired. Not completely blind, but she needs be guided by someone to get around. She has a cane that she is bringing. Is it a bad idea for us to try and rope drop Animal Kingdom for FOP? She is gung-ho for it, but were worried she will trip or be shoved in the chaos. Any experiences with this? Still on the lookout for a FP for it, but in the event that doesn't pan out, want to be prepared.

If she is ok with it and know it will be crowded then go for it. Have her hold someone arm and walk very close to that person I would have her not use her Cain but hold it right infront of her body as you walk to pandora

Our friend is visually impaired. Not completely blind, but she needs be guided by someone to get around. She has a cane that she is bringing. Is it a bad idea for us to try and rope drop Animal Kingdom for FOP? She is gung-ho for it, but were worried she will trip or be shoved in the chaos. Any experiences with this? Still on the lookout for a FP for it, but in the event that doesn't pan out, want to be prepared.

Is your concern that you personally would prefer not to subject yourself to the scrum or that it'll be too much for her?

One of the biggest pet peeves my blind friends have is other people making assumptions about their abilities when they themselves feel comfortable with something. She should be able to make that decision for herself. She'll know the best way to hold tight to an arm or use her cane. Also, while it has been many years, I have traveled to Disney along with a friend who needed a cane to navigate and people were very respectable about giving her plenty (often even too much) room.

It sounds like your friend's eyesight may be worse than mine, but I've done rope drop at all four parks and lived to tell the tale! ;) Yeah, there's some jostling and pushing going on when it's busy, but my guess is that with you to lead and protect her she'd do fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!