Rose and Crown or La Hacienda de San Angel

cdunn03

Mouseketeer
Hi Guys ..Wondering what ADR to choose .. I am trying to choose between these two restaurants. I have a family of 4 including an 18 and a 19 year old. We have never dined at San Angel before and I have dined at The Rose and Crown. Has anyone have any opinions?Thanks!

Hi Guys ..Wondering what ADR to choose .. I am trying to choose between these two restaurants. I have a family of 4 including an 18 and a 19 year old. We have never dined at San Angel before and I have dined at The Rose and Crown. Has anyone have any opinions?Thanks!

We tried La Hacienda in April for the first time; loved it so much we made another reservation during that same trip. It's also on our must-do for a return trip in December. Rodrigo was our server the 1st visit and he was sensational. The appetizers themselves are filling and this is a great place to share as portions were quite big.

Try San Angel we have eaten there 3 times once great, once average and once less then steller (the server). On the other hand we had dinner at Rose & Crown in June (we had eaten there 5 times in 5 trips) and after the disaster of a meal my girls told me on trip #6 NOT to ever bring then there again. Cold food, just bad food and a waitress spending all of her time on the heavily drinking table next to us did us in.

Which menu appeals most to you? I personally don't like any on the Rose and Crown menu except their dessert so I probably will never dine there.

I was completely underwhelmed by our dining experience at Rose & Crown. The server was great, the drinks were good, but the food was the weak spot of the whole experince. I had the Fish and Chips, not plural just one single piece of fish. I think the fish at Yorkshire County Fish Shop is much better.

If possible only do lunch at Rose & Crown and San Angel.

La Hacienda was great in my experience, Rose & Crown not memorable at all. For those prices, I want more than 'eh'. I think you've made a good choice!

San Angel has always been a must do for us. It gets mixed reviews but I think that is due to peoples expectations. Many go there expecting Americanized Mexican foods they are used to at home. Typical tacos, burritos, chimichangas etc that are often rather bland. San Angel is more traditional from central and southern Mexico with a some northern Sonoran style. It's not Tex-Mex or Hatch Valley style Mexican food thats so common in the USA. For us we love it but for some its not what they expected. Look at the menu's online and decide.

La Hacienda is always on our list, awesome. As others posted, Rose and Crown was disappointing. the Fish and chips was so greasy, very sad

Even though the decision has been made, I'm posting for others who may follow this thread. We love the Rose and Crown. I always get the steak and it is excellent (with Yorkshire pudding!). For me, La Hacienda is VERY mediocre Mexican-like food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter