Rose and Crown with Illuminations

emgilmartin

Mouseketeer
For those of you who've successfully scheduled dinner to watch Illuminations at Rose and Crown, what time did you schedule your dinner reservations? Yes, I'm aware there are no real guarantees but trying to game this to my best advantage. In need of tips. Thanks.

It depends on time of year and how busy it is, usually for warmer/busy months we've had luck going 730-745 ressies, sometimes if it's real busy well check in a few minutes early and ask if we can wait for a patio table for fireworks. Usually it's no issue, and we get a good spot. (Over winter we can go closer to 8 or 810 and it works out, we just sit under a heater if need be). Then order apps, meal and dessert to share, usually we have dessert as the show starts. Plus is by the time the bill is paid and we leave, the mad rush is mostly gone and it's a leisurely stroll out the back to BW for us. Have a great time!

We always visit in August, and have also found 7:30 to be a great time for Rose & Crown ADR's. When we check in we always let them know that we would prefer an outside table if at all possible. As far as I am concerned, a day in Epcot that ends with supper at the Rose and Crown, and watching Illuminations from our table is a perfect day!

I'm going in October and imagine will be busy during F&W so 7:30 seems like a good target time. Thanks!

I did 7:15 last year during spring break for a party of six and we finished eating right before the start of the show. Even this time of year, bring a sweater or jacket as being right on the water makes it a little cold and not all the seats (especially the ones with the best view) have heaters above them.

Less than 5 minutes. I did have a very flirty one year old with me, so he may have influenced getting the table.

We did this in December and it was freezing. We had our reservation for 7 and the show didn't start until 9:30. It wasn't easy but we managed to do it even with a 2 year old. We let our server know and she said she would time our meal accordingly and that she would bring our dessert with the start of the show. We started off with Apps and some drinks. About 30 mins or so later she brought our entrees out. They were so good. After that we got one of the beer flats to try and just enjoyed conversation. About 9:15 she came over and got our dessert orders and brought them out right before the show started. They keep the windows closed until the show was starting to help keep us warm. There was a heater at our seat also. It was one of the best meals I had and one of the best ways to see the show. You do miss some of the fireworks but we were satisfied with a 2 year old to see what we could without having 30 people elbow to elbow with us. After we took a nice walk the long way around do the exit. The only bad part was by this time it felt like it was about 20 degrees outside but besides that it was a perfect evening. Good luck to you guys and have a great time.

We did a meal at R&C for Illuminations Friday a week ago. We booked 8:00 and it was perfect. We didn't even ask and were seated outside on the patio. If you don't get a seat outside they do have a viewing area, unlike all the other Epcot restaurants. We noticed that there were no dinners left inside by 8:30. To me it appeared they didn't seat anyone inside after we arrived, everyone was seated outside.

Last June we also done at 8:00 and also were seated on the patio again without asking.

We did a meal at R&C for Illuminations Friday a week ago. We booked 8:00 and it was perfect. We didn't even ask and were seated outside on the patio. If you don't get a seat outside they do have a viewing area, unlike all the other Epcot restaurants. We noticed that there were no dinners left inside by 8:30. To me it appeared they didn't seat anyone inside after we arrived, everyone was seated outside.

Last June we also done at 8:00 and also were seated on the patio again without asking.

I have an 8:00 for Friday, 5/11, and have been wary that it'll be too late to get a patio table. I'll enjoy watching from the restaurant anyway, but a patio table would be my preference, of course. I've been looking for a 7:30 but it sounds like you've had great luck with 8:00! May I ask how many are in your party? It's two for us and I wonder if that would make a difference.

I have an 8:00 for Friday, 5/11, and have been wary that it'll be too late to get a patio table. I'll enjoy watching from the restaurant anyway, but a patio table would be my preference, of course. I've been looking for a 7:30 but it sounds like you've had great luck with 8:00! May I ask how many are in your party? It's two for us and I wonder if that would make a difference.
We've done it with 4 and with 3. It should not make any difference.

We have a reservation in June for 6:55, it was the latest I could get for a table for 6. If we can't get seated on the patio or we can't drag out our dinner for 2 whole hours, is it true they allow dinner guests (even if their meal is over) to watch the show from their viewing area? If we are seated indoors would we be allowed to pop outside to watch and then come back in?

We have a reservation in June for 6:55, it was the latest I could get for a table for 6. If we can't get seated on the patio or we can't drag out our dinner for 2 whole hours, is it true they allow dinner guests (even if their meal is over) to watch the show from their viewing area? If we are seated indoors would we be allowed to pop outside to watch and then come back in?
I don't know about allowing guests to return if they dine earlier and have left but I do know they do indeed allow guests who are dining indoors during Illuminations to go outside and watch and then return to finish eating, or depart if the are done and ready to go after.

Does the outdoor viewing area block the patio people? Just wondering how good the view actually is. I've seen Illuminations before but the couple we're traveling with have not. Just trying to give them the best experience I can. Thanks.

Does the outdoor viewing area block the patio people? Just wondering how good the view actually is. I've seen Illuminations before but the couple we're traveling with have not. Just trying to give them the best experience I can. Thanks.
No, they have a patio area that is off to the side of their patio tables

In 4 trips we have done this 3 times. I schedule the ADR for anywhere from 19:15 hours to 20:30 hours. And we have always managed to get seats outside. Now for one Feb. trip I did end up buying Rose & Crown jackets across the street for everyone but heh it was Feb 2008 and I still have my jacket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter