Rose Garden at MK?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
Is there still a rose garden at MK? We haven't been since the hub refurb and I heard over toward the rose garden was a great spot to watch fireworks and view Tinkerbell.

Sadly no! We used to watch Wishes from there every trip. It was a great spot.

Sadly no! We used to watch Wishes from there every trip. It was a great spot.

Have you found a replacement spot similar that you would be willing to share? Our trip is in a few weeks and I don't mind waiting for a spot but my family just cant handle the claustrophobia of the hub and some friends and family suggested the rose garden area but I though I read it been removed in the refurb :(

Have you found a replacement spot similar that you would be willing to share? Our trip is in a few weeks and I don't mind waiting for a spot but my family just cant handle the claustrophobia of the hub and some friends and family suggested the rose garden area but I though I read it been removed in the refurb :(

To be honest, we just watch from wherever we are in the park now, unless we’re on our way out. In that case, we typically will sit/stand in front of Casey’s, but it’s usually pretty crowded.

You can stand on one of the 2 bridges that are just next to what used to be the Rose Garden. Same view, which was only so-so, since it was at an angle. They have some area marked for standing and some for walking. The one closer to the Plaza side is better. This is where we've always stood, even when there was a Rose Garden

You can stand on one of the 2 bridges that are just next to what used to be the Rose Garden. Same view, which was only so-so, since it was at an angle. They have some area marked for standing and some for walking. The one closer to the Plaza side is better. This is where we've always stood, even when there was a Rose Garden

Thanks Angi! Is it possible to sit at the umbrella tables in front of the Plaza or Caseys's? We had fun zooming around on the goggle map and loved watching from the Plaza terrace before it became reserved for parties. I forgot there were tables on street level in front of the Plaza and we have never tried watching from Caseys so I cant picture it and don't know if there are trees or other objects that would obstruct the view quite a bit. We are usually tired by evening and wouldn't mind arriving early for a Plaza table if its possible :)

There are quite a few trees that obstruct the views from the tables over by Casey's. So I would not try that side. You can use the garden area just in front of Casey's. It used to be the FP area but now it's open to anyone. It's turf not grass and we often go in and sit till the show starts. We stand to watch. This area is a twin to the reserved area over in front of the Plaza that they use for the dessert party.

There are fewer trees on the Plaza side but I'm not sure what the table situation is. They stay full but no idea how far in advance or anything. I've never tried to get one

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter