Roseanne back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved the early Roseanne episodes. Stopped watching when they won the lottery. Not sure if I want to watch the new Roseanne. Nothing is ever as good as the original show or movie. It's a different time now.

Roseanne is my all-time favorite sitcom! I'm really wondering how they're going to bring my favorite character back.. Dan Dan the Drywall Man!!

John Goodman is such a wonderful actor, but I' m curious how they will resurrect Dan's character. Maybe they'll pull a Dallas; an entire season was all a dream. Dan's death could be the product of Roseanne's dreams.

I absolutely love Roseanne. I will try to give this new one a shot but I've been horrible about watching new series lately. I'm a solid 4 seasons behind on pretty much everything except The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones!

But aw man, Roseanne was just amazing. I loved how hard working Dan was. How he loved Roseanne and his kids. I always thought that's just what I wanted in a husband and father. John Goodman is just phenomenal and played that character with such believable heart. Loved how real the show was, how Roseanne and Dan called their kids out on their crap and held them accountable.

I always much much preferred it to the sterileness of Full House and its saccharine "learning a lesson background music" that played at the end of an episode when the characters were hitting each other (and the audience) over the head with whatever sappy theme of the week.

I absolutely love Roseanne. I will try to give this new one a shot but I've been horrible about watching new series lately. I'm a solid 4 seasons behind on pretty much everything except The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones!

But aw man, Roseanne was just amazing. I loved how hard working Dan was. How he loved Roseanne and his kids. I always thought that's just what I wanted in a husband and father. John Goodman is just phenomenal and played that character with such believable heart. Loved how real the show was, how Roseanne and Dan called their kids out on their crap and held them accountable.

I always much much preferred it to the sterileness of Full House and its saccharine "learning a lesson background music" that played at the end of an episode when the characters were hitting each other (and the audience) over the head with whatever sappy theme of the week.
But Uncle Jesse!!!!

Seriously, I agree.

They WERE a little "white trashy" for lack of a better term, and I say that as a former mobile home owner. Maybe not Married With Children trashy, but a little trashy all the same :)

In one episode, after Dan was arrested for beating up sister Jackie's abusive boyfriend Fisher, Roseanne boasted (paraphrase) "well, it's been rumored for years, but with Dan being in jail, it's now confirmed. We are officially Poor White Trash!"

Have you guys seen the pics from the first table read of the reboot?? Exciting!! :yay:

22519242_2036553543281232_7537437101383924672_n.jpg

22489883_2036553549947898_6124688847298528975_n.jpg

ABC has to try something there shows suck. I only watch one show on abc designated survivor.

I'm pretty excited about this. I love watching all the old reruns when they're on, and they have all the seasons on Amazon Prime. The halloween episodes are especially great this time of year! As others have said, I didn't care for the end of the series after they won the lottery so I'm hoping they kind of bring the same type of humor back as they had when they first began.

I see Roseanne, Dan, Jackie, Becky, Darlene and DJ plus others. Some may be new, but some may just be older and we don't recognize them maybe?

Both Becky's even.

So David and Mark are missing. Johnny Galecki is a little busy with another small (lol) show and Glenn Quinn passed away several years ago.

Estelle Parsons (Bev) is 89 now so I'm not sure how she is doing.

ETA-Johnny Galecki is in the photo sitting in the row of chairs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!