RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see many people are looking to go first thing in the morning (6am or earlier) and wondering how many choose to try and get there much later, closer to closing to see those that started at 6am are gone by then.
when an attraction first opens we have no previous data to plan and play with. So, for me, it's better to go first thing as problems could arise with the ride, or the crowds.
If you were just going to MFSR I would say wait for the evening cause we now know it's the easiest time to go

This one is tough for me- I usually have my plans set and feel comfortable! We booked at 11 months too (DVC) and had that day as our DHS day. All dining was set and I couldn’t change it once they announced this opening. We will be looking to focus on the rest of the park and hope that our Droid and Oga’s reservations allow us in to just see the land in late afternoon. No idea what time we should get there- we will have two 7 year olds with us so don’t want to camp out knowing we are going straight to Toy Story Land!

I see many people are looking to go first thing in the morning (6am or earlier) and wondering how many choose to try and get there much later, closer to closing to see those that started at 6am are gone by then.
when an attraction first opens we have no previous data to plan and play with. So, for me, it's better to go first thing as problems could arise with the ride, or the crowds.
If you were just going to MFSR I would say wait for the evening cause we now know it's the easiest time to go

So I am one of the ones going to try for a late entry, but three things:

1. As mentioned things can go wrong and back the line up.
2. They could close the line early.
3. I have my DHS visit the next day.

Given all this, I have the backup plan of either doing MSFR or SDD and giving it a go on Friday instead.

Sidenote: I ruined this plan originally by getting the JBJB dessert party on that day (closed at 9 right after the party). Since they moved the close back to 10, I have that wiggle room again. But as I mentioned my expectations are really tempered that I would even be able to get in late. So first thing in the morning is still better

Has anyone seen additional Tier 1 fastpasses drop for the 5th yet for any of the parks with changed hours?

Please move/direct me to the right thread if this isn't it. I was originally going for a week (leaving the 8th) but now I'm coming home the 5th. I could fly home at 8:40am or 2:20pm. I'm HEAVILY leaning towards 2:20pm so I can see/ride ROTR before I go home. I have TSA precheck so I can cut it fairly close getting to the airport. So, assuming I arrive at 5am (the parking lot will be open, right?), is there anything that would prevent me from getting on the ride before noon? If it's just a matter of having to wait a lot, I'm more than happy to do it to be there on opening day. If there's something like "resort guests only" or a random "virtual waiting room" that could prevent me from going in despite getting there at 5am, though, I definitely want to be aware of it before I try. Thanks!!! (I was previously going to hope for an extra early opening or a soft opening, but if that didn't happen I knew I was going to be disappointed).

No transportation will be running that early correct? Uber only choice?

Trying to get my ducks in a row. 🦆🦆🦆🦆

Been waiting to see how early the busses run, as I've been debating renting a car this trip. I hate having to pay to park every night when the car is going to sit in the parking lot most of the time.

Been waiting to see how early the busses run, as I've been debating renting a car this trip. I hate having to pay to park every night when the car is going to sit in the parking lot most of the time.

I believe the busses are 1 hour before park opening. And Minnie Van starts at 6:30am

unless you are going to go off property a lot, it will be much cheaper & more convenient to take an Uber or lyft a few times.
We have gone back and forth with renting a car this trip and decided not to.
The cheapest rental is $250 + gas. We can take roughly 20 Uber rides for what it would cost to rent.

What are your thoughts on being able to ride the ride by noon, if one arrives at 5am? I'm looking at booking a different flight home (current is 8:40am, new would be 2:20pm) on the 5th so I can check it out before leaving.

What are your thoughts on being able to ride the ride by noon, if one arrives at 5am? I'm looking at booking a different flight home (current is 8:40am, new would be 2:20pm) on the 5th so I can check it out before leaving.
it's very hard to tell, again being new, we don't know loading time, we don't know how often it breaks down, don't know the amount of people that will show up opening day....too many variables to set a time frame. BUT I would think that you should be done by noon if you show up at the parks by 5am

it's very hard to tell, again being new, we don't know loading time, we don't know how often it breaks down, don't know the amount of people that will show up opening day....too many variables to set a time frame. BUT I would think that you should be done by noon if you show up at the parks by 5am
Thanks. For Smuggler's Run/SWGE it seems that people had a lot of success when they showed up that early, and since the Land is open already I've got my fingers crossed that it's way overkill to worry about being off by noon, but like you said, since it's new there's really no way to know. (Edited to add AKA I can worry all I want, it's not going to change whether or not I get to ride it!)

I know the impact of RotR is all speculation at this point, but would be interested in pp thoughts on strategy for SWGE/DHS on Sat 12/7. Was thinking to RD RotR then do Toy Story rides, followed by TOT and RnRC. Have ADR for Oga’s at 2pm. Figured overflow from RotR will increase wait times for MFSR. So was going to try and hit that around park close. Thoughts?

Hypothetical question here for first week of December. We’re going to try to do SWGE on Friday, December 6th or Sunday, December 8th. Assuming they do NOT open the park early on Thursday, which of these do you think would be our best bet?:

- Fri 12/6. I’ve seen folks here talking about arriving as early as 6 AM for the 9AM opening on the 6th. Again assuming they don’t open the park early will people just wait outside in line until the gates open at 9:00 and then enter? And if you’re in that early group what do you anticipate as a wait time for ROTR and the other major SWGE attraction?

- Sunday 12/8. DHS has an EMH at 8:00 am that day. Again assuming they don’t open the park gateS earlier than 8:00 that day, I have the same questions as above. Any sense what wait times we can expect if we’re on the early side that day, what time do we need to get in line for the 8 AM EMH.

Many thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter