RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 60 day FP for our February trip is Dec 1. I have no clue what to do. Any indications how long this “not open during EMH” will last?

We are planning two HS days. Part of me still wants to go on the EMH day — seems the other rides won’t have lines during the extra hour.

I dont think anyone knows. If I had to guess I would think its is going to last well into next year. Since DHS only has 1 day a week anyway EMH.

Also, take a look at when DHS is having its DVC moonlight magic. It isnt all the way until Sept and Oct of next year. So they are pushing things out as far as they can.

I am going to be following this thread very closely. We don't arrive until Dec 9th. Our plane lands at 0835 and after getting to our resort and dropping our bags, we plan to make a b-line to DHS. I'm afraid what the line to RotR is going to look like by then (expecting maybe 1030 am). We may just head to MFSR so son and dil can ride it first. I would like to get at least ONE ride for RotR and getting in on our first day takes a lot of pressure on trying to fit it in the remainder of the week. I'm very eager to see how your previews go, @yulilin3

I'm afraid what the line to RotR is going to look like by then (expecting maybe 1030 am). @yulilin3

My expectation is that you will not be able to experience the attraction at all if you arrive anywhere after opening. This is a complete guess. I plan to get there at around 3AM.

My expectation is that you will not be able to experience the attraction at all if you arrive anywhere after opening. This is a complete guess. I plan to get there at around 3AM.
Even on Dec 9? We won't be there opening day or weekend, for that matter.

Wow

wondering if i should just cancel our Olga ADR for 10:30 am on 12/5. Worried we might still be line even if we are there early. What to do, what to do lol

I'm just starting to give this some thought. I have an Oga's at 11:05, but if we arrive early, I think it might work out alright. Now I'm also still trying to figure out exactly how early "early" actually is.

I leave today for WDW! I'll be there at 5am on the 5th, unless solid intel says to arrive earlier than that.

I will be doing the same. I dont think there will be any real way of knowing what is going to happen thursday. No one know how many people will show up, what time they might let people in, heck even if the ride will work properly with all these people.

But like I just poste in the other thread one thing we do know is it will be COLD in Disney next week. so pack accordingly.

I will be doing the same. I dont think there will be any real way of knowing what is going to happen thursday. No one know how many people will show up, what time they might let people in, heck even if the ride will work properly with all these people.

But like I just poste in the other thread one thing we do know is it will be COLD in Disney next week. so pack accordingly.
Cold? I'm seeing an extended forecast of the 70's.....though chilly in am and after sun goes down, typical stuff. Has that forecast changed? We're heading down Wednesday......

Cold? I'm seeing an extended forecast of the 70's.....though chilly in am and after sun goes down, typical stuff. Has that forecast changed? We're heading down Wednesday......

I am sorry I am a Floridian so to me 40s at night and in the mornings are cold. LOL i know to some they are not.

But Monday through Thursday next week it will be in the 40s at night and in the mornings before the sun comes up.

Here is a good weather site I use all the time

https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/fl/lake-buena-vista

Even on Dec 9? We won't be there opening day or weekend, for that matter.

I would expect LONG lines by then. And it's possible the ride may shut down due to mechanical issues. You're much better off rope dropping the ride your second day there.

@Spridell is right, it'll be cold at night/in the early morning. It's one thing to walk from your car to work when it's 40 out, and another thing to sit on the ground outside for hours in those temps before the sun comes up (which is what I'll be doing on the 5th to try to ride ROTR). I've had to buy a sweatshirt & hat at Disney before because I thought it wouldn't be cold, but the majority of your time in the parks is spent outside and it can get to you (especially in Epcot with the wind blowing across the water, that sucks). It looks like (except for Tuesday) it'll be warm enough during the day but at night I'm going to need a jacket.

@Spridell is right, it'll be cold at night/in the early morning. It's one thing to walk from your car to work when it's 40 out, and another thing to sit on the ground outside for hours in those temps before the sun comes up (which is what I'll be doing on the 5th to try to ride ROTR). I've had to buy a sweatshirt & hat at Disney before because I thought it wouldn't be cold, but the majority of your time in the parks is spent outside and it can get to you (especially in Epcot with the wind blowing across the water, that sucks). It looks like (except for Tuesday) it'll be warm enough during the day but at night I'm going to need a jacket.
I totally agree with both of you. We're from Chicago so even those temps are better than what we're seeing at home. However, it does seems like 40's in FLA feels colder than Chicago 40's...I think it's the humidity in FLA. Frankly, I'd rather be too warm than too cold so yes, we're gonna bring some warm stuff, especially because we're gonna be in that long line on December 5. Way back I had made reservation for Oga's at 10:25 am, prior to the opening announcement of ROTR. I couldn't change it so while it wouldn't be our choice to be in that park on opening day, we're gonna be there anyway so we might try to get on ROTR:)

I totally agree with both of you. We're from Chicago so even those temps are better than what we're seeing at home. However, it does seems like 40's in FLA feels colder than Chicago 40's...I think it's the humidity in FLA. Frankly, I'd rather be too warm than too cold so yes, we're gonna bring some warm stuff, especially because we're gonna be in that long line on December 5. Way back I had made reservation for Oga's at 10:25 am, prior to the opening announcement of ROTR. I couldn't change it so while it wouldn't be our choice to be in that park on opening day, we're gonna be there anyway so we might try to get on ROTR:)
See u on the line!!

See you there! Also, that'll be a fun thing to do after you ride the ride! Fingers & toes crossed the line isn't actually insane and with the park opening at 8am you'll be able to get on & off before your reservation. :)

I just don't know, am I crazy to doubt being there at 5am? Is it early enough? That's three hours of standing around, and yes it will be cold out there waiting in the dark.

Last edited:
I just don't know, am I crazy to doubt being there at 5am? Is it early enough? That's three hours of standing around, and yes it will be cold out there waiting in the dark.

I am right there with you. Yes its long time to wait and yes it will be cold and dark. I am not going to stress about it though. I will get there at 5:30-6 and there's thousands of people there and it will be a 5 hour wait, then I will just hang out and go to the OTHER parts of SWGE while everyone else goes to ROTR. I just happen to be in WDW next week with my family for our annual holiday trip. I live in Palm Beach and I am at WDW once a month so if I dont get on it next week then I will get on it another time.

Don't go crazy people. It is what it is.

that's a tough, personal decision. We just don't know how the crowds will behave.
If I wasn't at the park, parking my car at 3am on opening day for the land I wouldn't have been able to walk into the land without doing a virtual queue, granted I didn't ride that day out of personal choice but I would have been out of the ride by 8am that day.
And many, many of us would've been in line way before 3am if we would've been allowed to park and queue up. Same group of people are planning the exact same thing this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter