RotR opens on the day I'm making FPs

raraavis

Team NO Capes!
So I'm trying to figure out my FPs for my upcoming Feb 2020 trip, and RotR is opening on the day I schedule my FPs (Dec. 5 2019). I'm wondering if Disney will change around FPs like they did before Smuggler's Run opened. I also wonder with RotR opening, will Smuggler's Run get FPs? It would affect how I plan my days and my FPs. I know no one knows the actual answer, but I'm just thinking out loud and curious what others are thinking (sorry if this or something similar was already posted in this forum).

So I'm trying to figure out my FPs for my upcoming Feb 2020 trip, and RotR is opening on the day I schedule my FPs (Dec. 5 2019). I'm wondering if Disney will change around FPs like they did before Smuggler's Run opened. I also wonder with RotR opening, will Smuggler's Run get FPs? It would affect how I plan my days and my FPs. I know no one knows the actual answer, but I'm just thinking out loud and curious what others are thinking (sorry if this or something similar was already posted in this forum).
I don't see why they would change the tiers again. The last change was to spread people out. There is no indication of Smugglers Run getting FP yet.

My guess (based on nothing concrete) is no new rides on FP until MMRR opens in the Spring.

I would personally assume nothing is going to change for your booking day.
That's kinda my way of thinking too. Touring plans shows a 100 minute wait for RotR no matter when it is sitting in my plan. I hope that's an exaggeration (but I don't expect it to be that far off).

That's kinda my way of thinking too. Touring plans shows a 100 minute wait for RotR no matter when it is sitting in my plan. I hope that's an exaggeration (but I don't expect it to be that far off).

Though honestly that's not terrible, relatively speaking for a new, top tier ride. I'm still beside myself if I want to do since it opens when I'm down there.

Though honestly that's not terrible, relatively speaking for a new, top tier ride. I'm still beside myself if I want to do since it opens when I'm down there.
you're right , but I've never waited that long for a ride before, and we'll have our 5 year old with us. guess we'll just have to see because there is no way I can be there and NOT ride it!

you're right , but I've never waited that long for a ride before, and we'll have our 5 year old with us. guess we'll just have to see because there is no way I can be there and NOT ride it!

Yeah. The kid being with you might be a bit rough in terms of that wait. Letting them play on the "datapad" for that long will only do so much.

I'm there the week it opens so I'm really hoping for that 100min. I too have never waited that long. Half an hour tops for an attraction. But as big as they're making this attraction out to be I really want to get on it too before FP inflates standby even more.

the longest I've ever waited for an attraction was 5 hours for Hagrid's. That was including the hours waiting for the park to open and the ride to open so once the ride was open it was more like 2 hours, but tbh it was so worth it. It's my favorite attraction in Orlando so far, I'm hoping RotR lives up to the hype but I am staying cautiously optimistic

the longest I've ever waited for an attraction was 5 hours for Hagrid's. That was including the hours waiting for the park to open and the ride to open so once the ride was open it was more like 2 hours, but tbh it was so worth it. It's my favorite attraction in Orlando so far, I'm hoping RotR lives up to the hype but I am staying cautiously optimistic
we're going to be in Universal for 2 days as well, and I'm a huge Harry Potter fan (pretty much the reason we're going there), but I really really hope the wait for Hagrid's ride isn't too long.

we're going to be in Universal for 2 days as well, and I'm a huge Harry Potter fan (pretty much the reason we're going there), but I really really hope the wait for Hagrid's ride isn't too long.
There's a universal forum here, i recommend checking wait times there. Rope drop is usually your best bet. A friend of mine did it yesterday and only excited 25 min

Thanks! I've been reading the Universal forum, but honestly I've been so focused on Disney that Universal is falling by the way side
Not to get off topic, but I did Hagrid at Rope Drop, and in total it was probably a 2 hour experience for me, from waiting before the park opened to when I exited the ride. It was hectic with all of the people at the beginning, but it wasn't bad since most of my time waiting was pre-opening.

Not to get off topic, but I did Hagrid at Rope Drop, and in total it was probably a 2 hour experience for me, from waiting before the park opened to when I exited the ride. It was hectic with all of the people at the beginning, but it wasn't bad since most of my time waiting was pre-opening.
Thanks for the info! As soon as my fastpasses are made on Dec. 5th, I'm going to figure out Universal :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter