RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Family Holiday is a CM ticket. I believe blockouts still apply to that ticket.

You can’t use the comp for upgrades or renewals because comps have no value. They work for park and FP access but have no monetary value.

Are comp tickets good during holidays and blackout periods? I believe that is what I have 3 of and considering using them for a family member around New Year’s Eve.

Are comp tickets good during holidays and blackout periods? I believe that is what I have 3 of and considering using them for a family member around New Year’s Eve.
CM park hopper comps don’t have blackouts. I’ve used them on NY’s day before. If you have the printout, it should list the parks and valid window of time.

So even if all the boarding passes are distributed, you can still try to get in a boarding group as a single rider? How does that work? I thought the "Join Boarding Group" button is grayed out on the app. Or maybe I am misreading this totally?
I walked over from the Epcot resorts and had been trying periodically to join a boarding group once I went under the overpass not knowing it was tied to park entry vs. GPS. As I entered the park, the sandwich board signs were out saying "we apologize but they're all gone" and I almost turned around but I entered anyway and "for fun" kept trying in the app and after a few tries got through and was assigned a boarding group. I think it was grayed out and I just kept refreshing. I think I must have been one of the last and not sure if being a single rider helped. Doubt this would work in late afternoon but in early morning, worth a try.

CM park hopper comps don’t have blackouts. I’ve used them on NY’s day before. If you have the printout, it should list the parks and valid window of time.

Mine are not from a CM. I don’t think they are PH either. Guest recovery from my family getting stuck on a ride extensively. I was given a code to present to guest services with an ID. Half of us being an AP holder it’s hard to use them.

I walked over from the Epcot resorts and had been trying periodically to join a boarding group once I went under the overpass not knowing it was tied to park entry vs. GPS. As I entered the park, the sandwich board signs were out saying "we apologize but they're all gone" and I almost turned around but I entered anyway and "for fun" kept trying in the app and after a few tries got through and was assigned a boarding group. I think it was grayed out and I just kept refreshing. I think I must have been one of the last and not sure if being a single rider helped. Doubt this would work in late afternoon but in early morning, worth a try.

Thank you for the explanation. I'm glad you got in. We're going for it on Monday.

Mine are not from a CM. I don’t think they are PH either. Guest recovery from my family getting stuck on a ride extensively. I was given a code to present to guest services with an ID. Half of us being an AP holder it’s hard to use them.
You can call Ticketing or email them with the code to make sure they aren’t blocked out and check if they are hoppers or base tickets.

So did they just decide to shut the ride down for the day? Or just cut off any new boarding groups and get through what they’ve called already?

Thinking I may try my luck tomorrow. I have two free media member Park Hopper passes to use, and if they’re waiting until 8am for everyone, I wonder if I could get in even if I’m not staying onsite? I don’t think any of my family will be willing to get up that early, so does anyone need a one-day Park Hopper tomorrow? 😂 I’d hate to let it go to waste!

I’m on property and heard the VQ does not open until 8am.

Does anyone know if this is actually true? I’m not sure when we should go to the park in the morning now
The exact info is in the CM Hub (their internal resource), was tweeted out by WDW Guest Services, and signs are in onsite resort lobbies.

You need to be in the park when Boarding Groups get activated.

One day park hopper and a FP

Do you think if I don’t have the 1 day hopper in my account but I have FP it’s worth asking guest relations? I don’t need to for myself but it would be nice to give it away to someone. But I don’t want to bother them when they are dealing with so much.

I talked to some today though and they said it hasn’t been so bad. They said they’ve been given so many more “thank you’s” than normal and there haven’t been many unruly people. They gave us a no strings attached card for a snack just for being nice to them. They pretended to run off with our paper return passes which we thought was hilarious.

I will be following along closely first thing monday morning but I think we are going to try our luck at riding the Skyliner over and seeing if any boarding groups are available. I'm guessing no but we planned on being at DHS after we landed anyway. Hopefully we'll get a few rides in around the park before we go back to the resort for naptime and lunch.

So maybe I am just thick, but what exactly is the purpose of having this 2 hour EMH tomorrow is RotR is not running and you can't even join a boarding group until regular park opening? I mean, I guess you can do other things in the park, but isn't that the point of the boarding groups? To let you do other things while waiting for your boarding group?

Do you think if I don’t have the 1 day hopper in my account but I have FP it’s worth asking guest relations? I don’t need to for myself but it would be nice to give it away to someone. But I don’t want to bother them when they are dealing with so much.

I talked to some today though and they said it hasn’t been so bad. They said they’ve been given so many more “thank you’s” than normal and there haven’t been many unruly people. They gave us a no strings attached card for a snack just for being nice to them. They pretended to run off with our paper return passes which we thought was hilarious.
If you want sure. Its worth a try.

So maybe I am just thick, but what exactly is the purpose of having this 2 hour EMH tomorrow is RotR is not running and you can't even join a boarding group until regular park opening? I mean, I guess you can do other things in the park, but isn't that the point of the boarding groups? To let you do other things while waiting for your boarding group?
Gives the resort guests already in the park an advantage to join a boarding group. Many resort guests haven't had an advantage because they don't have cars or don't uber to Boardwalk and stuff like that.

They may be tracking guests who rode once and then had a second Boarding Group which ended up being canceled.

It doesn’t hurt to ask to see if it was a glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter