RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They may be tracking guests who rode once and then had a second Boarding Group which ended up being canceled.

It doesn’t hurt to ask to see if it was a glitch.

Yeah, I definitely think it’s an unnecessary compensation for me personally. But if they are giving them out I’ll take it and try to help someone else.

Yup! And that has always held true since day 1. Makes me want to go watch the earlier Imagineering Story episodes again, it truly is awesome to watch what they can do when they're allowed to prioritize the result instead of the budget.

Build it, and they will come.

The signs are real. I’m not sure if we should be there at 6 or just before 8. I’m nervous since the VQ has been closed by 830

Attachments

• FC0577D3-27B4-45F1-9135-00A737BABC89.jpeg
    FC0577D3-27B4-45F1-9135-00A737BABC89.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 90

This from the same company that for the last two days (and currently) has put a note in the app saying: “Please check back here during normal park operating hours to find out when you can join a boarding group to enjoy Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.”

Maybe the EMH language is to be taken literally, or maybe it should be taken as seriously as the note above? Hard to say.

If I were there, I’d be arriving very early (5-6’ish), EMH eligible or not. If I sit around while I could otherwise be sleeping, so be it. If they decide to open up boarding groups while I’m there, bonus.

Hate to be so negative but just erring on overdoing things until we see a pattern otherwise.

I was joking before but the visit DHS the day before you actually want to ride strategy may prove to be the most successful one. With a bonus ticket too! :rotfl2:

This is a great point actually. I've got reservations for Boardwalk Inn in February. I realize this won't still be happening then, but if I was there now I'd absolutely stroll over to Hollywood Studios about 30 minutes before opening every day with the family and just try to grab a late boarding pass in the hopes of accumulating golden ticket fastpasses and 1 day park hoppers.

This from the same company that for the last two days (and currently) has put a note in the app saying: “Please check back here during normal park operating hours to find out when you can join a boarding group to enjoy Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.”

Maybe the EMH language is to be taken literally, or maybe it should be taken as seriously as the note above? Hard to say.

If I were there, I’d be arriving very early (5-6’ish), EMH eligible or not. If I sit around while I could otherwise be sleeping, so be it. If they decide to open up boarding groups while I’m there, bonus.

Hate to be so negative but just erring on overdoing things until we see a pattern otherwise.

I totally agree with this.

On one hand, they seem to be going out of their way to make it crystal clear ROTR won’t be open during EMH and neither will the VQ. On the other hand, what is the point of specifically extending EMH for that day only if not to allow people to ride or join groups. The general DHS crowds have not been crazy enough to warrant a 6 AM opening. Especially odd since it really has opened at 6 ish the last couple days.

If the ride is able to be opened and people are there, I won’t be surprised to see it running. Maybe with no BG until 8?

This is sort of what I'm worried about for my daughter's trip the first week of January. On their DHS day, the park is scheduled to open at 9:00. They have an Akershus ADR scheduled at 5:15 in Epcot. Before we knew about VQ, I told her that she'd probably have to show up by 7:00 and ride stand-by with a long line. Now I'm worried that with unannounced opening times there is a chance they may not get there early enough and end up with an evening boarding time that messes up their other plans.

@SouthFayetteFan is right...you almost need to schedule a completely flexible day. And, it's too bad that the Akershus ADR can't be canceled day-of if necessary.

The VQ is great...I just wish Disney would let you know what time they're going to open so you can make plans that work with all the other stuff you booked 180 and 60 days ago.

And, who knows how they'll be doing things in 4 weeks...might be totally different.

I'm not sure what would be worse...if I tell my college-aged daughter and her boyfriend that they need to get there at 6:00 am, and the gates don't open until 3 hours later; OR they get there closer to 8:00 and the park ends up opening at 6:00. :rotfl:

I feel your pain! We will be there the first full week in January, and our DHS days were planned as morning of Jan 7 and evening of Jan 10. Our trip was originally supposed to be the week of Halloween, so I’ve been following the crowds/wait times/ touring patterns for SWGE/DHS for months, and then we had to reschedule for January and I had to start our touring plans from scratch. Just the last 3 days have made me think our HS strategy has to be completely revamped or even abandoned! Maybe just explain the situation to your daughter and her boyfriend, and then they can make their decision the night before based on the posted hours and when DHS has been letting people in the few days before that ...of course, it’s difficult to gauge early January off of the days leading up to it, because that’s the Christmas-to-New Years week and it’s probably not the most accurate representation of crowds and opening times for most of the rest of January!

We WERE going to rope-drop SR on Jan 7 and then move on to our FP, droid depot res, and then Epcot after lunch. Jan 10 was going to be evening FP and then getting in line for RotR shortly before park closing, but if BG are still in play at that point, that strategy won’t work for RotR. Our kids will be 9 and thisclose to 7 on our trip, and as much as they love Star Wars, there is just zero chance we’re going to be able to get them up and over to the gates at DHS before 6 am to get a RotR BG. Even 7 am is probably unrealistic! I’ve already been prepping them that they may not get to ride it on this trip, though obviously I hope that’s not how it turns out.

Thank you to everyone who is reporting back here so far on their RotR experience, and please keep it up! I feel like I’m going to have to read this thread every day between now and our first DHS day just to figure out how we’re going to tackle this...We happened to already have a trip scheduled for 1 month after Pandora opened at AK in 2017, and while we arrived slightly earlier than our usual rope drop timing, it definitely was nothing like the strategic planning required for this!

Maybe they are issuing tickets by BG #. Ask if your Tickets don’t get added to the ticket area of your MDX account.
Just checked my account again and they are now listed under my tickets. Now hopefully MDE is smart enough to use our current tickets and not the comp tickets.

I agree. The reality is that a real queue would never be 4,6,8 hours long because (almost) no one would tolerate that wait and waste their entire day in a queue.
FOP still regularly hits 4 hours on peak days. Hagrids was hitting 6+ regularly during its first month. People will wait all day for a ride if it’s going to be their only chance at riding it. If they didn’t do a virtual queue RotR would be consistently 6+hrs until the after new year when things start to slow down in the parks.

I appreciate all those updating daily thus far with detailed experiences and general information shared by Disney. I was flying and touring Epcot today so it was harder to keep up minute by minute, but I am in for the night “early” because of my am trek to DHS.

I understand what Disney has said, GRs Tweeted, and what was on the HUB, but if I decide to sleep an extra hour and miss my shot at ROTR this trip, I will be upset, and mostly at myself.

It seems very strange for Disney to offer resort guests extended hours that overlap the early opening for the new attraction, but exclude the attraction in all communication. I plan on heading over from BC between 4:30-5:00am and will update on how it goes as I can!

We were given the multiple experiences fastpass and the park hopper tickets at around 815 and headed home. Tomorrow will be interesting, emh and boarding groups along with all the people they gave these passes to along with the ride constantly breaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter